www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 4:57 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

How should CRT handle non-Costa Rican threads?
Poll ended at Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:19 pm
The board was fine the way it was. Leave them public. 37%  37%  [ 36 ]
Only paying members should be able to read them. 23%  23%  [ 22 ]
Drop them. They don't belong here anymore. 40%  40%  [ 39 ]
Total votes : 97
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:19 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

This is not a cat-fight thread. We all have our opinions, and they may not matter squat to the owners. I just thought it'd be a nice place to have a poll.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:09 am 

I say "don't fix it (you can't) if it ain't broke"!!!!!

But then maybe the owners saw it as broken in that they maybe did not like posts that promoted their competition in other countries! Maybe they just saw it as a way to encourage more guys to pay for VIP! Maybe they just want to keep CRT a site solely about Costa Rica! Maybe this, maybe that!! There are a lot of possible reasons, but only if (seems to be a very big "if") and when the new owners decide to share their reasons for doing things they have done (often against the wishes of the vast majority of VIPs) it is all speculation and all the discussion in the world will apparently not change anything!!! I guess one could say "it is their business and they can do what they want with it"! But they just might be putting the most important aspect of a successful site (informative and frequent posting of up to date info by the members) in jeopardy JMHO

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:11 am 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

You forgot one option for the apathetic American voter - "I don't care."

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:18 am 

bigmikeinkc wrote:

+100!! What does that cover? about 90% of the people :?: :roll: :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:26 am 

Interesting poll. I did notice CRT`s post to address this issue. Maybe the rest of you had not read it. But here goes....

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=46403&p=531132#p531132

This post is provided purely for entertainment purposes and free of charge on the part of the author. No "Sex tourism or travel" promotion is expressed or implied. The author of this post was not provided any compensation for this hopefully entertaining contribution. Any posts regarding any event or hotel item are just my humble opinions only.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:10 pm 

The board has had problems for a long time, the new admins appear lazy, clueless, don't have time or just don't care so it's no surprise they continue to run it in the ground.
Seriously, how hard would it be to turn this site around?- some time, effort and $ to upgrade and a makeover into a more user-friendly site with more sections (or all) to post pics, room to expand (including other countries instead of discouraging them :roll: ), promote trip reports with friendly and more involved moderators that actually acknowledge and consider useful suggestions. This would bring back many experienced posters and encourage new ones. I might be a moron but the paths to success and failure look pretty clear.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:23 pm 

True Sportsman wrote:
Interesting poll. I did notice CRT`s post to address this issue. Maybe the rest of you had not read it. But here goes....

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=46403&p=531132#p531132

we did see it, TS. I am just curious to see if the membership as a whole sees it as a bad move on the part of the owners.

The statement to 'focus on Costa Rica' is ludicrous. No one is going to be 'taken away' from Costa Rica because of ads or free-access threads about Medellin. And what the owners blissfully ignore is how the internet works, regarding the attraction of new visitors to the site.

Limiting free content on a site should be a trade-off between free advertisement versus IP profitability. In the case of CRT, the more free advertising it can get, the more new eyes it can attract to the site.

But of course, that is just the humble opinion of one Dwarf.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:01 pm 
I can do CR without a wingman!

BangBang57 wrote:
bigmikeinkc wrote:

+100!! What does that cover? about 90% of the people :?: :roll: :wink:

...and I think you're being generous there my friend. :) Seriously, my focus is on CR right now , so I rarely read the threads about Columbia, Thailand etc. Truth be told I didn't even notice the change until somebody brought it up. I know a lot of guys have moved on from mongering in CR and prefer other countries. For them I think there should be an outlet for shared information, so I would vote for the inclusion of non-Costa Rican threads. But if you're not willing to pay a pittance to read them, then you should be prepared to shove off.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 3:18 pm 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

I am letting my VIP lapse as my situation has changed and am not going to be traveling internationally in the foreseeable future. and there lots of other sites .

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 4:30 pm 

Paco makes a good point

I went to ISOC today for the first time in a long time.. a lot of free content about the whole word.... same with ISG Free pics to boot

I may or may not support those sites.... or like them

CRT more is better.. people will pay when they want and for their own reason

also when the site is busy the traffic comes to you

bad press is good press... so hit reset on the defalts... cookies too... put it back where it was

por favor

I am drinking but stand by most of this post

But for the most part... who cares... we are so lucky to be going over this stuff We got money to spend on chichiatas :shock:

My point the info is out there it just depends on where you find it

invite people do not exclude them

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:49 pm 

it seems there are only 38 people here that have an opinion. Interesting.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:30 pm 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

I've not been to Costa Rica in many years and don't expect to return any time soon. But then again I've been a member here since the day the site started and still continue to regularly check on what's up. I've even posted a few times on the non-cr threads about my trips around the world so this will have some bearing for me. Around Christmas I will probably post a report on my return to Pattaya and I'm already planning another trip to Krakow, Poland which would be something unique to post on. Members here are probably interested in other locations and while there are plenty other sites, it's good to get the opinion of someone who has a shared perspective. Regardless of VIP access only, I will attempt to post a report :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:08 pm 

aren't the number of posting members reducing fast enough?
do you really need to start eliminating them just because?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:15 pm 

BangBang57 wrote:

+ 1 BB57

"IF IT AIN'T BROKE, DON'T FIX IT" :idea:
Or as they say in NASCAR - "IF IT AIN'T BROKE, DON'T BREAK IT"! :!:
IMHO, that old cliche' is extremely applicable in this particular situation.

BashfulDwarf wrote:

And after seeing Bashful's above post, it reminded me of another long-time cliche' - "seems like the proof is in the pudding"

I've been a member here for a little while, and I've been watching what seems to be a slow and continual downward spiral of CRT. I don't post as much as I used to for a number of reasons, but I try to do a quick "drive-by" of this site on a daily basis. And this is a perfect example. I just returned from a week in Vegas and I'm back in my office today. I haven't been on this site for several days. In the past, when I returned from a trip and logged on to this site, I'd hit "View Recent Posts", just to see what had happened since my last visitl In the past, there would be anywhere from 9-12 pages of new posts. Today I logged on and there was 2.5 pages of posts over the past 8 days.

Things that make ya go hmmmm......

MG :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:36 pm 

Mucho Gusto wrote:
BangBang57 wrote:

+ 1 BB57

"IF IT AIN'T BROKE, DON'T FIX IT" :idea:
Or as they say in NASCAR - "IF IT AIN'T BROKE, DON'T BREAK IT"! :!:
IMHO, that old cliche' is extremely applicable in this particular situation.

BashfulDwarf wrote:

And after seeing Bashful's above post, it reminded me of another long-time cliche' - "seems like the proof is in the pudding"

I've been a member here for a little while, and I've been watching what seems to be a slow and continual downward spiral of CRT. I don't post as much as I used to for a number of reasons, but I try to do a quick "drive-by" of this site on a daily basis. And this is a perfect example. I just returned from a week in Vegas and I'm back in my office today. I haven't been on this site for several days. In the past, when I returned from a trip and logged on to this site, I'd hit "View Recent Posts", just to see what had happened since my last visitl In the past, there would be anywhere from 9-12 pages of new posts. Today I logged on and there was 2.5 pages of posts over the past 8 days.

Things that make ya go hmmmm......

MG :wink:

Ditto Ditto Ditto...

I would only qualify that to say, everything is in a state of "becoming" ...not "being"... things change, times change, ownership changes etc...

Nevertheless I voted for Aint broke dont fix it

Tomas had a different "mission statement" regarding this board than the new owners do. It WAS... A board of of like minded GENTLEMAN who enjoy the ladies of Costa Rica, AND the ladies around the WORLD in a P4P environment. The mission statement of the new owners is different. The NEW mission seems to be.. This board is an advertising organ for the OUR businesses, those of the CRT owners, and everything we do should fill our coffers. :?

I paid for a lifetime membership... I did NOT sign on for this "change of "mission statement" ... so a little pissed off but i will live.

I was happier with Tomas' vision... but ... things change ... so be it.. This still can be a great site for those who desire to visit Costa Rica and enjoy this beautiful country and its beautiful female companions...

There is still an absolute goldmine of 11 years of posts... i hope this never disappears...

No secret that I am firmly a Colombia enthusiast but I will not abandon my membership or friends here at CRT.