www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Fri May 10, 2024 1:46 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 2:17 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

For me, this line is very simple. There is nothing illegal about introducing 2 adults to each other...for whatever purpose. But, if YOU handle money or receive money for a P4P contract on behalf of a third party...that pretty clearly defines the line. And you DONT want to get caught doing this in a 3rd world country...hell, even in the USA. Lockups are no fun...especially in these banana republics.

There is a saying "you are known by the company you keep". My Mom always told me that...and while I have obviously discarded her advise many times by hanging with some of you guys :wink: ...I think you will only become a suspect in this business of "pimping" if you are constantly hanging with groups of P4P girls, housing them and introducing them. Casual forays will not draw much heat from what I have seen in these parts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 2:26 pm 

Pacificia....once the workday is over and I settle into my first Jack and Coke of the weekend, I will do a little research on costa rican law and then apply it to your six scenarios to get a discussion started. "Hypothetically", of course, as I do not want to be accused of the unauthorized practice of law in Costa Rica (now a 3rd degree felony here in the sunshine state). Of course, if I get dragged to Pure Platinum it may take a little longer... :D ..and of course your scenarios may be answered by a fellow member before I am able to make that first, delicious, drink. And then I can simply add my two cents! :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 2:33 pm 

Pacifica55,

You have introduced some very interesting scenarios. I think they would make for an interesting assignment in a Costa Rican law school and many good points would be made on both sides of each question you pose.

Obviously you are not going to get a knowledgeable answer here unless we have a learned Costa Rican lawyer or Judge on the board. Certainly a lot of entertaining discussion and opinions but certainly nothing that would make you comfortable if you had to defend yourself against a charge of pimping in CR courtroom.

alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat.
Alex Levine

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 2:35 pm 

You'll be able to write a very entertaining book:

1,000 Reasons The Rent Is Late

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 2:37 pm 

8)

ID- dont let him fool you, he is trying to get his little harem of chicas together so he can retire in CR :idea:

Pacifica- you dont fool me :lol:

Cujo

"Pain is the fuel that fans the flames of my pyre. A battle plan is only as good as the general carrying it out on the field. This is my war son, and I have the biggest bombs and the smallest conscience"...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 2:43 pm 

Even if the laws were clearly written and defined in Costa Rica, it would be subject to any judges interpretation...and how much you are willing to pay for a favorable verdict. Thats just the unfortunate reality of justice in Latin America. Best thing to do is just avoid any appearance of this practice. Legal discussions are basically worthless here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 2:45 pm 

Jadcujo wrote:
8)

ID- dont let him fool you, he is trying to get his little harem of chicas together so he can retire in CR :idea:

Pacifica- you dont fool me :lol:

Cujo

Hmmm - anyone checked the going rates on two-story colonials near the zoo lately? :idea: :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 2:46 pm 

That is a good point Tman. Given the variations in decisions in the U.S. at the trial court level, I can't imagine what it would be like down there. Not to mention the thingsI have read on this board re: CR attorneys.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 2:56 pm 

Pac55 when I read # 1-4 I thought you may have been speaking of certain VIP who engages in such behavior at the DR :wink: He drinks wine and Bavaria over ice :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 3:30 pm 

Location: Downtown San Jose, Costa Rica, the BELLY of the BEAST
If pimping laws were actually enforced here, do you think New Fantasy, Zona Blue, Oasis, the strip clubs, the Molino Rojo, etc. etc. could stay in business? All of these places take a cut from the girls. If that's not pimping, what is? The only pimping case that I am aware of that was actually prosecuted was that older lady who had a stable of under 18 girls she provided to bigshots. And she got a slap on the wrist, basically.

On the other hand (I always do that, don't I?), if somebody can bust you and get a bribe out of the deal, you stand a great chance of being busted. Convicted? Only if you don't pay the bribe(s).