Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Mon Jun 03, 2024 8:13 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 6:40 pm 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

OhYeah wrote:
Sorry Traylor,

But I have to disagree about your feeling of how the Ownership at the Del Rey does not care how their guest are treated. Since you have never stayed there you would not know how they treat their guest, especially ones that are regulars. You know how they treat someone that is on property but not a guest which is quite different.

I'm not saying that they are perfect but I have been treated with a great deal of respect by all of the staff including the owners, Greg in particular. I have stayed in the hotel more times than I can count and after my second stay I was greeted on arrival by name from the Bus Boy to the Desk Staff, maids and all of the bartenders and Del Mar waiters. Granted I am a generous tipper but not outragous and I tend to call the staff by their names and treat them with respect as well.

I take advantage of their airport pick-up and have always been greeted by the driver with the offer of a cold beer for the ride to the hotel.

I was involved in a small altercation on my first visit with a local gringo that was mocking a friend of mine because of his ethnic apperance and was backed up by the security people, who had watched the entire exchange. They threw the guy out that started the problem and aplogized to me for his behavior.

Greg has also mentioned to me that the business would not be what it is without the girls and that their policy is to hassle them as little as possible unless they are problem girls or drunk which becomes a problem for everyone. As far as your run in with them I can't speak to and understand where you might have a bad taste in your mouth due to the treatment you received. Other than the problem I've mentioned I've never seen them giving anyone a hard time unless they were obviously drunk and beligerent or a beligerent Tico.

I think you would have to agree that the Del Rey provides a very safe environment for all parties concerned and if they are geeting rich because of it more power to them. I just feel it is important to provide another experience to balance the discussion.

I would love to find and buy an alternative to the Del Rey to enrich myself and my partners. Maybe someone will do it like the HDR folks did, they built the hotel and the girls started coming in then the guys. They did not build the hotel to provide a place for mongers and chicas to get together, it just occurred because of the proxcimity to the biz. At least that's what Greg tells me.

Just my .02 cents worth.

8)

I agree 100%.

It's not just about the puta's. When i walk into HDR, it's like Norm walking into Cheers. That is nice, given that you are in a foreign country.

Excess girls, nice friends, nice amigas, never a problem....I think I will continue to stay there. YMMV

Pura Vida

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 7:03 pm 
Zippy wrote:
Very funny D2864 :lol: . How about Vertigo as we put them in a COMA with that dirty love, oh that dirty love :lol: :lol: !

Good one Zippy.

Zippy, but after I wrote that, I was driving down the road thinking it should be verdevoy. :) :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 11:36 am 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

The Holiday Inn would sell. Just send Circus there on a week long stay. They'll raise the white flag.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 12:18 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Traylor Park wrote:
my comments were not just based on the treatment I've recieved alone but on what I have witnessed while hanging out in the DR and by what chicas tell me, a few gringos as well.

And I agree they do provide a save place and have seen security do a fine job takin' care of business when they needed to. I just think management could do a better job of taking care of their customers, sorry that I've never stayed there, but I'm still a paying customer.

One need not look far to get great treatment from an owner... just walk over to SL and meet Bill. A great guy who knows how to treat people. I'm not a big fan of SL but Bill makes it me feel welcomed. I've never stayed there either and I will probably never book a room there but it's still a great hotel.

The one thing about HDR is that it's really difficult meeting a chica who is not a prostitute. :lol:

my tag line.. just so you know that I don't have anything against HDR, the building.

I wish I was in the Del Rey RIGHT NOW!!

Traylor,

I'm just one of those guys that can't stand around and hear negative comments about a business that I have had great experiences with. As you know if someone is unhappy with the service they receive from a business they will tell 10 people but if they have a good experience they may not tell anyone.

For example I have been to the Zona Blue more times than I can count and the highly praised manager Eddie has never acknowledged that I am a regular or even introduced himself to me but many of the girls know me and take very good care of me so I keep going back, not because of the management style. If the Zona Blue or any of the MPs wanted to do any one thing that would increase the enjoyment of their customers it would be to offer robes for the trip from the rooms to the steam room. This would be just as cheap as offering a towel and would enhance the experience for all patrons.

So, we can all find fault with any enterprise but I think the trick is to find a place you like and support it.

Just one more day of work and San Jose is in view.

8)