www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:33 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:24 am 
Ticas ask me for advice!

Location: Pérez Zeledón home of possibly thee most beautiful women in the world.
I doubt I will ever find a better place to have a drink or three, get hustled by pretty women, pu**y watch and talent scout than the HDR and I doubt it will ever be replicated. I just loved the vibe there.
But, with it's passing, I have to think someplace else will be filling the vacuum.
Hoping El Castillo will do just that.
Your opinions, perritos?

Costa Rica: We make easy, hard........

Hoe Dog koo koo ka choo

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:42 pm 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

I walked over to Castillo from SL last SuperBowl visit. When I entered there were three guys sitting at the bar, not a female in sight. Had a few drinks, shot pool and still no new traffic. Based on this visit I would doubt Castillo would become a player but that was last February. Perhaps with Covid things could change. Had similar experience at Amistad, small bar, few ladies. I thought I read that Castillo had chains on entrance

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:50 pm 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

Having met Matt and Darren a few times and chatting with them, I don't think they want any part of trying to micro manage working chicas in his bar areas.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:27 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

High profile, tourist based mongering moved to the coast some time ago. This caused the decline of the HDR which began years ago. The San Jose scene will grow ever more decentralized with a few smaller lower profile venues including the SL, Castillo, and Taormina. Except for the SL, the owners will distance themselves from the hobby. Any recovery will bypass downtown, airport to Jaco. If anything, I predict the beginning of Guanacaste action as airlines shift from SJO to LIR where the landings are much easier.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:06 pm 

Boynton wrote:
High profile, tourist based mongering moved to the coast some time ago. This caused the decline of the HDR which began years ago. The San Jose scene will grow ever more decentralized with a few smaller lower profile venues including the SL, Castillo, and Taormina. Except for the SL, the owners will distance themselves from the hobby. Any recovery will bypass downtown, airport to Jaco. If anything, I predict the beginning of Guanacaste action as airlines shift from SJO to LIR where the landings are much easier.
I think you hit the nail on the head. Any recommendations for the Guanacaste area for hotels, bars, etc? Always appreciate your input,
Thanks

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:16 pm 

No place specific, but I expect it will be a larger property currently or recently owned by an international chain that pulls out of CR. Some private company with dark money will buy it and slowly turn it into a single man's pair-o-dice. The recently defunct Hard Rock Cafe Guanacaste (Playas del Coco) comes to mind. No onsite rooms, but plenty of hotels nearby at various price points. Also, they could keep the sign in the bar "Love All, Serve All". :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:17 pm 

Thanks

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:49 pm 

Flabuck wrote:
Having met Matt and Darren a few times and chatting with them, I don't think they want any part of trying to micro manage working chicas in his bar areas.

+1000
That brings many problems and increase costs. As well as Government scrutiny.
Matt and Darren got a good system as is.
Would be nice if Matt would chime in with an update.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:03 pm 

nosejelly wrote:
Flabuck wrote:

+1000
That brings many problems and increase costs. As well as Government scrutiny.
Matt and Darren got a good system as is.

One property closed and the other at 50% occupancy? Great system (not intended as a knock against any owner).

Survival of all the existing properties is no longer in the hands of the owners, managers, or even the customers. What is their debt load? their employee contracts? do they have partners? what percentage of their revenue is Food&Bev and what is Lodging? I wish them all well and expect they will make changes as needed.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:15 pm 

what raises the value of the amistad property is the parking area, difficult to find off street parking in the area around the hospital. I believe matt has some form of control of that lot.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:34 pm 
Just Learning The Gulch!

Boynton wrote:

I hope this process takes awhile , I really like the simplicity of San Jose. How much are the girls starting at in USD in SL compared to waiting outside ? Trying to plan early Dec 2020 trip.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:27 pm 

Elkarlos wrote:
I doubt I will ever find a better place to have a drink or three, get hustled by pretty women, pu**y watch and talent scout than the HDR and I doubt it will ever be replicated. I just loved the vibe there.
But, with it's passing, I have to think someplace else will be filling the vacuum.
Hoping El Castillo will do just that.
Your opinions, perritos?

No. Of course not. There might be room for 10 chicas in the bar at Castillo. Versus a couple of hundred...

And the bar area at Castillo is...a little more classy, newer - no comparison.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2020 3:24 pm 

Hotel Castillo is an oasis in the sea of mongers.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2020 4:13 pm 

And I thought that Oasis was an oasis in a sea of mongers.