www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:38 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Been here at the Sportsmens lounge for the last five days. Plenty of girls mostly sevens and under. Must wash and sanitize and get temperature taken into any building that you’re going into. Feel safer than back at home. My prearranged meetings worked out better than picking the girls up downstairs.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:21 am 
Ticas ask me for advice!

What time is the curfew?

The driving curfew is 10 weekdays and 9 weekends. Although they may have been closing a little earlier for employees to be able to drive home before it takes effect. To be honest I wasn’t paying close attention.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 5:01 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

Good info on SL scene

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:15 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Yeah, what time is curfew during the week and weekends.

Can the gals do overnighters?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:39 pm 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

Just got back from a 4 night stay. One thing I noticed was that Jaco pricing seems to have migrated to the SL. Each new chica had a starting offer of $150. :roll:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:19 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

catbert55 wrote:
Just got back from a 4 night stay. One thing I noticed was that Jaco pricing seems to have migrated to the SL. Each new chica had a starting offer of $150. :roll:

I sort of expected this... their thinking is that they are in limited supply (if only a few at a time are allowed in to the SL), and that they have had reduced income for so long they want to make up for it. Plus they do talk to each other, and try to hold the line on discounting.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:34 pm 

You tourists control the pricing. You also distort the local economy. If you pay $150, they will demand $200. When you pay $200, they will begin to ask $250. Its not rocket science. What is an extra $50 when you have paid hundreds of dollars in airfare and hotel. You are only here for a few days before returning to pu*sy prison. Same story since the chicas were charging $50.

This is one reason locals are hesitant to share specifics. I have only pulled from the SL once in the 3 years since since moving here. Four of my five top regulars are under 25, university coeds, non-smokers, no K*ds, no tattoos. My standard session is $80 for a visit that includes no time limit, all activities available, condom only if I choose (I am fixed). I just had a 3 hour visit that included lunch, sex (dfk, daty, bbbj, cfs, anal finish), house cleaning, $80. An English speaking tourist will never see this girl. She will never go to a hotel with a gringo.

Tourists only think with their dick. I know, I used to be one.
It is what it is, play the cards you are dealt.

Last edited by Boynton on Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:23 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

I spent almost two weeks at SL leaving earlier this week. I had no instances of an opening offer over $100, the former norm. Most seemed extremely happy to get close to that. Yes there are a limited number allowed in, but you just have to go out the front door for a “smoke” and you can find many enthusiastic options.

I don’t doubt that some are trying Jaco pricing, but there is an easy solution.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:53 pm 

bulldog10 wrote:
I spent almost two weeks at SL leaving earlier this week. I had no instances of an opening offer over $100, the former norm. Most seemed extremely happy to get close to that. Yes there are a limited number allowed in, but you just have to go out the front door for a “smoke” and you can find many enthusiastic options.

I don’t doubt that some are trying Jaco pricing, but there is an easy solution.

That makes sense too. I suspect different ones are trying different things...but the line up at the gate will be a factor to keep asking prices in check. To say nothing of options all over town.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:08 pm 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

The Ciento Cincuenta Boys are gonna ruin it for everyone!!!!!!! :wink:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:42 am 

catbert55 wrote:

A lot of dummies paying it too.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:23 am 
Ticas ask me for advice!

$150 was that for a TLN ?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:00 pm 

Boynton, as usual, makes a very good point above.

Gentlemen, below is an eloquent statement a local respected member of CRT wrote in another thread and I believe it has merit for this conversation:

Quote:
"Just a comment about the price one pays, being a resident here makes all the difference. I can be flexible about the days and time. She gets a ride from an amiga who is also in the biz. I am also not taking up her prime work or family time. It really isn't about paying the least possible price. If I were seeking a Saturday evening date that could be open ended as to the time then it would be a different price. It would block out other opportunities and also increase her Ch*ld care costs. I would expect to pay more, a lot more. It can be as simple as "prime time" pricing as opposed to "any time" pricing.

A resident is dealt a different set of cards than a tourist. Play the hand you are dealt. A tourist is less flexible about scheduling and is trying to fit as much fun as possible into their trip. That is part of the tourist's game. On the other hand, I did three sessions last week, have three more this week, and will do three more next week. I would run out if time, money, and energy if I tried to play the tourist's game. Play the cards you are dealt, but play them well. Remember, it is all a game."

We are all playing the cards we are dealt - some better than others!

I am also including my new favorite quote by WhiteCat when he was describing the Chicas at the SL and HDR
Quote:
Over paying & War Torn
I am still chuckling from this quote, because I have been writing about the fugly aggressive girls for years working at the SL, HDR , and Cocal. They are the first ones that approach the new gringo and attack him and it takes some getting used to before you get them out the way and can relax and look for the pretty young Chicas. And after 18+ years coming to Costa Rica, this past trip was first time I did not visit SL, Gulch or Cocal and I feel liberated...because i had an epic trip because of the Chicas I pulled of Skokka!

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

To bring my post full circle, Gentlemen we all must try to communicate more effectively with Chicas, which organically leads to the control of the conversation and some sort of better negotiating. Big bank roll, small bank roll, if we all take the time to use some of the wisdom provided on this board we can all get a little better value than might have otherwise...

First timers usually always

This post is provided purely for entertainment purposes and free of charge on the part of the author. No advice, tourist or travel promotion is expressed or implied. The author of this post was not provided compensation (monetary or otherwise) for this potentially entertaining contribution

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:31 am 
Just Learning The Gulch!

SL has been good. You can see that they have a dedicated ownership/staff who are trying to make the best of circumstances. I can say for sure the food is as great as ever. I've had some fantastic meals there and the Happy Hour pricing is a huge bonus to start the evening. As for the numbers, the weekend evenings were wonderful, full house type gatherings. The only time it has been somewhat devoid of talent is upon opening, otherwise you have chicas there and not too many punters.

To echo what some others have alluded to, the attitude of the chicas, IMHO, seems to have hardened a bit for some of the girls... it's a much needed business that has just partly resumed so this is to be expected. For example, I find I'm getting lectured by a few girls for approaching/talking to them too long (like 5 minutes) without booking, some of the girls could use a little bit more smile. But gems are to be had for sure. Bear in mind it seems mainly ticas now, although I met one nica at SL.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:13 am 

Great update Jobair! Thank you for the intel.

I have so many good memories of the SL going back to 2006 ish, wow great stuff! There was a time I wanted to be Just like Bill, Owner of the SL, before I figured how much work it truly was to be captain of the ship!!! :mrgreen:

Cheers to Bill, I put you above Walt Disney for creating many magical moments in my life! :lol:

This post is provided purely for entertainment purposes and free of charge on the part of the author. No advice, tourist or travel promotion is expressed or implied. The author of this post was not provided compensation (monetary or otherwise) for this potentially entertaining contribution

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next