www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:51 am 
PHD From Del Rey University!

xqrl wrote:
Is there any buzz on the ground about what's likely to be the situation in coming months? My previous stays in San Jose have typically included AirBNB rentals. Are those likely to be safe? Or should all tourist visits be limited to certain hotels? If so, then which ones?

Rumor has it the rains will stop in late November or early December. Only time will tell.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:25 pm 

Boynton wrote:
xqrl wrote:
Is there any buzz on the ground about what's likely to be the situation in coming months? My previous stays in San Jose have typically included AirBNB rentals. Are those likely to be safe? Or should all tourist visits be limited to certain hotels? If so, then which ones?

Rumor has it the rains will stop in late November or early December. Only time will tell.

More subtle Boynton humor, I think his point is that no one can answer all of these questions now . Please read the other posts on the forum and it may provide some answers.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:25 pm 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

Is there some way to partially complete the Pasa de Salud and then save it? I'm traveling through DFW to get my COVID test at American Airlines in-airport pre-flight testing facility. I'll be getting my test results while en-route.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:02 pm 

catbert55 wrote:
Is there some way to partially complete the Pasa de Salud and then save it? I'm traveling through DFW to get my COVID test at American Airlines in-airport pre-flight testing facility. I'll be getting my test results while en-route.

Just curious how that works, I thought you have to have negative test results prior to boarding your first flight leg. Sorry I don’t have an answer for your question about the Pasa de Salud form.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:05 pm 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

The answer to how that works is, not well. But the answer the specific question, I was able to persuade AA to let me board the flight from Austin to DFW for testing. That was the only good part of the trip.

A few weeks ago, AA announced pre-flight testing for travelers to Costa Rica. They announced on-site testing in the DFW airport via CareNow and at-home kits for travelers going through Miami using LetsGetChecked. There was even an article about it in TicoTimes. Turns out the CareNow site in DFW doesn't offer PCR testing, so contrary to AA's press release, no testing in DFW. And LetsGetChecked lost my test specimen, so I didn't get my PCR tests in time to travel, even though I sent in the sample about 71 hours before my flight.

Hopefully I should get all my money refunded.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:35 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

This is biggest obstacle for everyone is the test results getting back in 72 HR time and of course are negative results. sounds like if lets get checked didn't lose it you could of been in CR right now anyways Hope you get an actual refund a not a Flight Credit like they gave me.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:03 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

Waiting til 2021. Phuck it. Even with all the new posts coming out with good news.. there's always some thing that gets in the way that makes thing tougher than pre-covid era.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2020 12:21 am 
I can do CR without a wingman!

As much as I would love to return to Costa Rica, and I hope to return there someday, I'm not dealing with the complications that are necessary to travel there for the foreseeable future. There are no restrictions to entering Mexico and the sex toursim scene and even civie scene is just as good, if not better. I'm also looking into Colombia. I love Costa Rica....but the government there makes everything a complete pain in the ass. In my limited world travel, I've never experienced a country that tries to nickel and dime people as much as Costa Rica does.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2020 1:02 am 

Tony Camonte wrote:
As much as I would love to return to Costa Rica, and I hope to return there someday, I'm not dealing with the complications that are necessary to travel there for the foreseeable future. There are no restrictions to entering Mexico and the sex toursim scene and even civie scene is just as good, if not better. I'm also looking into Colombia. I love Costa Rica....but the government there makes everything a complete pain in the ass. In my limited world travel, I've never experienced a country that tries to nickel and dime people as much as Costa Rica does.

Pretty much all your posts are about your preference for Mexico over Costa Rica.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2020 1:46 am 
Ticas ask me for advice!

Tony Camonte wrote:

Have you been able to avoid shakedowns by TJ police. I have not had any in my four visits so far but I continue to want to avoid that

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2020 4:49 am 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

catbert55 wrote:
The answer to how that works is, not well. But the answer the specific question, I was able to persuade AA to let me board the flight from Austin to DFW for testing. That was the only good part of the trip.

A few weeks ago, AA announced pre-flight testing for travelers to Costa Rica. They announced on-site testing in the DFW airport via CareNow and at-home kits for travelers going through Miami using LetsGetChecked. There was even an article about it in TicoTimes. Turns out the CareNow site in DFW doesn't offer PCR testing, so contrary to AA's press release, no testing in DFW. And LetsGetChecked lost my test specimen, so I didn't get my PCR tests in time to travel, even though I sent in the sample about 71 hours before my flight.

Hopefully I should get all my money refunded.

How do you show the results to the CR government to enter the country? Do you just flash some app on a phone or some email to a government official? I never understood how you prove you took the test or got the results to enter the country.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:08 am 

sb_boise wrote:
Tony Camonte wrote:

Have you been able to avoid shakedowns by TJ police. I have not had any in my four visits so far but I continue to want to avoid that

Knock on wood.....but the Tijuana police have never shook me down. I once fell for a scam by a fake cop. A month later he tried the same thing and I told him to get lost. But again, that was a fake cop. One night in Zona Norte the cops searched me, but they didn't take a dime. He actually told me to be careful walking around here as it's dangerous. I was pleasantly surprised by his concern. LOL.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:13 am 

Boynton wrote:
Tony Camonte wrote:

Pretty much all your posts are about your preference for Mexico over Costa Rica.

I regret if I come off like that, as that is not my intent. It just seems like many people here act like Costa Rica is the only available sex tourism destination and if they can't enter there all is lost...or they are willing to undergo all kinds of ridiculous procedures to enter there.....when there is another Latin American sex tourism destination that much easier to get to. As for my preferences, Costa Rica has positives that Mexico does not. I really would like to return there someday......but as long as it's super complicated as it currently is, I'm focusing on other places. I hope it's not always like this though.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:45 am 

Tony Camonte wrote:
Boynton wrote:
Tony Camonte wrote:

I regret if I come off like that, as that is not my intent. It just seems like many people here act like Costa Rica is the only available sex tourism destination and if they can't enter there all is lost...or they are willing to undergo all kinds of ridiculous procedures to enter there.....when there is another Latin American sex tourism destination that much easier to get to. As for my preferences, Costa Rica has positives that Mexico does not. I really would like to return there someday......but as long as it's super complicated as it currently is, I'm focusing on other places. I hope it's not always like this though.

BS, Lil Anthony, you keep spamming the "General Information & Announcements On Costa Rica" instead of posting information in the "Trip reports & information from around the world". How about a little spam variety; maybe bitcoin mining, pasta recipes, even adidas shoes.

Tony <flowery-unicorn-hearts-emoji> TJ

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2020 3:39 pm 
Site Admin

Costa Rica will soon eliminate the negative coronavirus test requirement for foreign tourists, authorities announced Thursday.

Beginning on October 26, arriving visitors will no longer need to show proof of a negative PCR coronavirus test result, Tourism Minister Gustavo Segura said.

Visitors to Costa Rica will still need to purchase travel medical insurance and complete the Health Pass epidemiological form. The insurance must be either a policy from INS or Sagicor — both Costa Rican companies — or a foreign policy that covers COVID-19 medical expenses and extended lodging.

https://ticotimes.net/2020/10/22/costa- ... r-tourists

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next