www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:09 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 632 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 43  Next
 Post subject: Re: coranavirus concern
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2020 2:27 pm 
I can do CR without a wingman!

Pops wrote:
Let the at risk group take precautions to care for themselves. Let the virus run it's natural course.

I'm one of the at risk groups, but this sounds like a better plan than the stupid sh!t the "powers that be" done up to now.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2020 2:43 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Here is a picture of the starving throngs wasting away on the streets if San Jose.
https://149404242.v2.pressablecdn.com/w ... 1698_o.jpg

The story behind the tragedy here:
https://qcostarica.com/economic-reactiv ... nsibility/

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:40 am 

Location: Sex Felony State (most other places p4p is just another day!)
Boynton one of our few brethren on the ground as well as Pops thanks so much for keeping us informed!

Hope the chicas not draining you, might need leches replacement therapy LOL. :D

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 1:51 pm 

Boynton wrote:
Here is a picture of the starving throngs wasting away on the streets if San Jose.
https://149404242.v2.pressablecdn.com/w ... 1698_o.jpg

The story behind the tragedy here:
https://qcostarica.com/economic-reactiv ... nsibility/

I guess this tells you that things are not as bad as the various medias are telling you

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:07 pm 

Seabee wrote:
I guess this tells you that things are not as bad as the various medias are telling you

Then again
https://149404242.v2.pressablecdn.com/w ... s_Full.jpg

There are eight million stories in the naked city, this has been just one of them.
https://qcostarica.com/costa-rica-prepa ... ontainers/

It's a shit show like so many other places, but at least we got pu*sy.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:54 pm 

Pensions are open! Went to one in Plaza Viquz today. Had 7 chicks. It's a holiday here today but pu*sy is still available

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:07 pm 

Whitecat wrote:
Pensions are open! Went to one in Plaza Viquz today. Had 7 chicks. It's a holiday here today but pu*sy is still available

You had 7 chicas in one day! Shame on you! :D

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:35 pm 

Jawanker wrote:
Whitecat wrote:

You had 7 chicas in one day! Shame on you! :D

Now you know why those of us on the ground need reinforcements.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 6:27 am 

Talked to some of them as I am a regular there. One said there is still decent business, but no gringos or Japanese. Shorter hours, no Sundays. They really want the gringos. She said the Japanese are always wierd.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:49 am 

This in response to Express321's post:

"The flu doesn`t cause bodies to spill out into the streets en mass like we`ve seen in places like Peru, NYC, Italy, and now Houston."

Bodies aren't spilling out into the streets in Houston; I should know. I live in the area. Nor is the local hospital capacity being unduly burdened. This is fake news.

Oh, and the Sweden policy has worked. Yes, a lot of people got infected, but not very many people died.

Whole lotta fake news in your post.

Oh, and as to you last statement? There's economic devastation happening every day that people will never recover from.

People die all the time. It's part of life unfortunately. Perhaps you weren't aware of this.

And, at least in the US, the "dread virus" has a 99% survival rate.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:38 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

I don't think you can say the Swedish policy has worked based on deaths. At least not yet. They have significantly more deaths than similar sized European countries. They have a good argument that lockdowns can only work so long, but they certainly haven't found the magic answer to reducing deaths while keeping the economy open. There is another key difference in that the people of Sweden are more likely to follow the government recommendations about social distancing vs the American people who largely refuse to do anything the government recommends and think defying it is the most patriotic thing you can do.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 3:09 pm 

TheDoctor wrote:

Oh, and the Sweden policy has worked. Yes, a lot of people got infected, but not very many people died.

Whole lotta fake news in your post.

Oh, and as to you last statement? There's economic devastation happening every day that people will never recover from.

People die all the time. It's part of life unfortunately. Perhaps you weren't aware of this.

And, at least in the US, the "dread virus" has a 99% survival rate.

Your post contains several claims easily proven false and/or misleading via a Google search.

1) Sweden's response to COVID-19 has resulted in the highest death rate among Nordic countries by FAR. People who say "Less than 6,000 people have died in Sweden" are ignoring that's 6,000 deaths in a population of 10,000,000. Sweden has already reached 80,000 infections. Stockholm's current case / fatality ratio stands at 7.2% nationwide (11% in Stockholm, which has an incident rate of 972 infections per 100,000 people).

Do the math.

The worst part? Adopting this so-called herd immunity strategy in an attempt to save their economy has been for nothing. Sweden's economy is projected to shrink by a an even larger % than Denmark's, which did take preventive measure to combat the epidemic.

2) The current US case / fatality ratio stands at 3.44%, not 1% as you claimed above. That's almost 150,000 deaths in the US. And that is the nationwide ratio. The ratio is a lot higher in Florida, Texas, Lousiana, California and other hard-hit states. In Dade County where I live, hospitals are so slammed with COVID-19 patients Miami is sending patients to Broward County (also slammed with COVID-19 patients).

By the way, even at your 1% fatality rate you're looking at 200,000 US deaths if 20,000,000 people contract the virus (and before someone says, 'Impossible, we'll never have that many infections' the US already has over 4.3 MILLION infections in a 4 month span).

At the actual case/fatality rate 20,000,000 infected would result in almost 700,000 deaths.

Do the math.

mh

P.S. Some people's priorities seem to come straight from the Thanos school of resource management and population control. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Last edited by Miamiheller on Tue Jul 28, 2020 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 3:10 pm 

snowmatt3 wrote:
I don't think you can say the Swedish policy has worked based on deaths. At least not yet. They have significantly more deaths than similar sized European countries. They have a good argument that lockdowns can only work so long, but they certainly haven't found the magic answer to reducing deaths while keeping the economy open. There is another key difference in that the people of Sweden are more likely to follow the government recommendations about social distancing vs the American people who largely refuse to do anything the government recommends and think defying it is the most patriotic thing you can do.

+1

mh

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:35 pm 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

Bunch of P4P Poon Hounds debating medical stats! Priceless! :D
What happened to the good ole days of debating if Cien is too much? or SL vs. L.A.?
Or which Pension has the fattest chicas??? :?:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:37 pm 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

I do not care what any of your politics are. I believe my eyes. I know when I am being lied to and played. The government here is either lying, stupid or corrupt. Maybe all three. The virus is real. It kills people who are old, people who are fat, and people who have health issues. Like myself and most of us. It is not killing young healthy people. It is not killing K*ds. Influenza kills the same target group as this virus. I have witnessed this thing unfold here. The response has been completely illogical. The first thing that occurred was to close the borders and close the schools and areas of congregation of groups. The explanation was to buy time, flatten the curve so that the healthcare system was not overrun. The effects of the virus were not widely known at this time. This much of the response was appropriate. This response was from people in government who have had years to plan for an emergency and had no plan. As more became known about the virus the shift was to try to stop it completely by preventing it from taking hold. Don't let the tourists come and spread it all over the country. Find the cases through contact tracing and isolate them. Great idea if you have the resources. As cases popped up around the country it was how great they are doing controlling this. The deaths were at a minimum a month ago.

Enter the WHO with money to pay for healthcare for Nicaraguan refugees. Suddenly they were finding hotspots all over Guanacaste and northern Costa Rica. It was the fault of the Nicas sneaking in illegally. There is plenty of animosity between the poor Costa Ricans and the Nicas without casting blame. Suddenly Costa Rica that was doing 200 to 300 tests a day started doing 2000 tests a day and the numbers started skyrocketing. Where did the money come form to pay for the tests? Also getting blame besides the agricultural workers were the truck drivers. Opening up the northern and southern borders to truckers passing through Costa Rica was another way to cast blame.

If you know Costa Ricans like I know them you will understand that "No es mi culpa!" is their national motto. Politicians always try to cover their ass. They have been setting this up since day one. They continued to impose restrictions to the point that the country has been in near lockdown for almost 4 months. There is no end in sight. The people here are suffering. Mostly in silence. There are a thousand people out of work within 200 yards of my apartment. They don't have government handouts to fall back on. They say a half million out of work. I say twice that and many more earning a fraction of what they are use to.

Exactly what did keeping tourists out accomplish? The logic is we can't have people coming in from countries where the virus is raging and then spreading all over the country. This is the flaw in the logic. The virus is here and has been growing since day one. The restrictions slowed it down slightly to begin with. Keeping millions of school K*ds at home kept the cases down for a while. They preached sanitation and social distancing for the past 3 months. Now it is you got to have a mask or you are a heartless inconsiderate piece of shit. They blamed the increases in cases on numbers on the people who insisted on partying. They said the measures were for the good of everyone.

Most on this board have not been here and seen downtown San Jose during these restrictions. I am probably the only one who has seen places where Costa Ricans are afraid to go. There are slums around San Jose that worse than anything I ever saw in the states. Much worse than the housing projects that I spent years working in while policing in Atlanta. Most of you can't picture 10 people living in 300 sq. feet. Across from my apartment there is a family of 4 that lives in a 5 x 5 guard shack. My wife is from one of these neighborhoods. I pass through there a couple times a week. Masks, sanitation worries, social distancing didn't exist. They have more important things to do like finding a way to have food. My sister in law lived in an area called La Milpa. It is a creek bottom where people squatted. They put up shelters made of tin, cardboard, scrap wood. People have squatters rights here. Once established they are hard to get out. Several hundred people live here. Sanitation is an outhouse, showers are from a hose, electricity is from drop cords. There is a large plywood wall on the boundry of one entrance that has spaces for about 50 electrical meters and has about 5 actually plugged in. This is one of dozens of areas that are as bad or worse around San Jose. Thing is nobody is getting sick there or dying. My wife's family is there all the time. They know of nobody who has died or gotten the virus. Nobody is under quarantine. They are now wearing masks. They have to in order to go into any business or to ride the bus.

This is the big problem I have had with the restrictions. This is why they are a lie. The bus system here is how most of the poor people get from one place to another. Hundreds of thousands of people ride busses in Costa Rica daily. There has been no social distancing on these buses. I have been on one recently where it was standing room only. There is no sanitation on these buses. I can't walk into the grocery store without getting alcohol squirted on my hands but I can ride a bus that hasn't seen sanitation. Not only can I ride the bus, I can get on it and to anywhere in Costa Rica. What is the difference between a sick tourist going to Arenal and a sick Tico going to visit his sister there? I can't walk down a beach with nobody in sight but I can sit next to a stranger. I can't visit a National Park that has next to no locals ever visiting. They are mainly used by tourists.

I have heard masks since day one. The same people now saying masks will save you today, three months ago were saying they did no good. Now if you don't wear a masks you are a racist. Everybody is a racist that doesn't believe what I believe. Guilt, racism are just tools to control you. And you better believe we are being controlled.

I feel for the people of Costa Rica. I worry for the future of my K*ds. I worry what the world will look like when this is over. I will gladly discuss my politics with anyone who wants to pm me. This is not the place. I can agree to disagree with anyone and I can rationally present how I feel and listen to your concerns.

I would like everyone who reads this to take steps to be better informed. Come to whatever conclusions you choose. One thing that I would like for you to do is look at the Texas Department of Health website. On the site you can see statistics they have published for years. Compare years 2018 - 2019 number of deaths from influenza-pneumonia (they group them together) with the year running from Oct. to Oct. Then look at the year 2019-2020 for deaths from influenza-pneumonia and covid grouped together. This was the best site that I have seen for understanding how serious this pandemic really is. Other states did not keep as easily findable numbers. Texas has 25 million people. A great scientific test sample. Understand that cause of death is not a really accurate statistic. Old people die. Rarely are they tested to determine why if they die in their sleep at 85. I would like you to research the outbreak of the virus on the aircraft carrier Theodore Roosevelt. I can tell you that 5000 people were together on the ship for several months as the virus played out. All of them were tested. 1000 tested positive. Most never knew they had it. Less than 20 required medical attention beyond over the counter symptom relief. One of the sailors died. One out of 1000 with the virus. One out of 5000 who without doubt were exposed to the virus. This is a large sample from a health adult population. If you check on deaths of Ch*ldren and teenagers you will find a few deaths world wide. A closer examination of these would reveal that the ones who died had pre-existing conditions.

I would like for you to go to website Brightbart.com and look at the video that has been circulating on the internet like crazy for the past 24 hours. It is an interview with front line physicians who express their opinion of what is going on. If you see this and it raises questions good. You should question what is going on. This is the most defining moment in our lives. You should try to understand it and come to your own conclusions based on knowledge, not fear. Take care all of you. my friends. Pops

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 632 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 43  Next