www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:09 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 2:18 pm 
I can do CR without a wingman!

On my next trip I was thinking of trying the Amistad or Castillo just for a change. Since 2004 I have alwas stayed at SL and have always enjoyed my times there. This could be my last trip as my 80th is a few months away and I'm good for one encounter a day and the SL provides more than I can handle.
Which of the two alternatives would you suggest, LA or Castillo. I would prefer a king room and even though I don't eat large meals, the all inclusive still seems like a no brainer. The rooms recommended at LA were 210 and 211. Any recommendations for Castillo.

Thanks for any info

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 11:18 pm 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

For Castillo, If climbing stairs is an issue, There are alot of stairs t get to the king rooms. The penthouse 'upstairs' at castillo is right by the reception desk, but still private and only up about 8 steps. 2 rooms to choose from, both are king i believe with lot of room. 1 has windows that face INS, the other has only interior windows.
I Think room 9 is also a king and has the bedroom split from the couch room. It is a true 2nd floor up a staircase, front of the hotel.
If stairs are no issue then the penthouses on the third floor are nice and big, with a balcony up even more stairs once you enter.

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 11:20 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Jimbo wrote:
On my next trip I was thinking of trying the Amistad or Castillo just for a change. Since 2004 I have alwas stayed at SL and have always enjoyed my times there. This could be my last trip as my 80th is a few months away and I'm good for one encounter a day and the SL provides more than I can handle.
Which of the two alternatives would you suggest, LA or Castillo. I would prefer a king room and even though I don't eat large meals, the all inclusive still seems like a no brainer. The rooms recommended at LA were 210 and 211. Any recommendations for Castillo.

Thanks for any info

I stayed in LA room 210 and it is a very nice room

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 11:42 pm 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

I too switched this February from SL to Amistad all inclusive, and it may be a permanent decision. All true stories about stairs, if they are a problem for you. But they are all very nice hardwoods and it’s a great place. Great non-sexual massage available for bad backs and sciatic nerves. Get called by your first name at the front desk with friendly greetings. Decent prices. Some complain about a train that goes by but I never heard it. SL is still a great whorehouse to meet them and set dates or walk them 1 block. No chica fee. After 14 years at SL, I do think this forum gives SL too much credit. All things shall pass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2020 4:27 pm 

I have stayed at all three. Biggest drawback with La Amistad is the train runs right across the street...so it gets noisy starting early AM; that was my only complaint about the place.

Amistad bar area is MUCH busier than Castillo (not as busy as SL)

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2020 5:11 pm 

Gents

I appreciate the replies on this topic. I'm about 80% sold on La Amistad asking for a king room ( all inclusive ). It will probably seem foriegn at first but I'm sure I'll get use to it.

Is it better to call for the reservation or use the CRT site?

Thanks much

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:30 am 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Quote:

e-mail the hotel

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:17 pm 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

Go through their website

https://hotelamistad.com/

You can call them before doing that and see what rooms are available but then go online and reserve with notes on the requested room.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:10 pm 

Jimbo wrote:

I don't believe you can reserve a room via CRT. As mentioned above call them or reserve via their site.

Mention in reservation you are a CRT member and have your card handy when you check in to get the discounts.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:18 pm 

I did my reservation through their website and received a confirmation from Rudy.

Thanks for the info