www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:16 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Man Rule #1, violation ?
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:46 am 
Ticas ask me for advice!

What possibly goes through a gringo's mind, who is living down here, to contact a lady and say " so-and so is talking bad about you to ALL the other guys" ? Especially when in normal conversation, that gringo was yacking away, in detail, about that lady's bad and unacceptable behavior. Upon further investigation, this fellow has had similar run-in's with other guys living here; like telling them to 'stay away from my girls', etc..

Any thoughts or idea would be appreciated !

I always believed that sharing good information among ourselves is a good way to protect and warn each other, but this narcissistic, toxic behavior has make me rethink this assumption.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:05 am 
I can do CR without a wingman!

First off you should put his name out so he can defend his self and maybe after the dust clears he will realize it is wrong and quit back stabbing people!!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:10 am 
Ticas ask me for advice!

Asco1410 wrote:
First off you should put his name out so he can defend his self and maybe after the dust clears he will realize it is wrong and quit back stabbing people!!

I would never publicly put someone's name out there, it would only start an unnecessary hostilities. They know who they are, and most likely will not change their mentality or their ways. I was just looking for some impartial comments based on the info provided.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:25 am 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

That is the definition of insecurity. Putting someone else down for the sole purpose of currying favor for oneself. Distance yourself from that person, leave the bar restaurant whenever they walk in or at minimum have no interaction with them. Don't stoop to their level & propagate the drama by badmouthing them.

That is 10,000 X easier to say than do!!

CostaReeker

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:33 am 
PHD From Del Rey University!

If he did it to me I'd be torn between chewing him out and just ignoring him from now on, it might just be fun to embarrass him in front of a bunch of guys by politely but firmly questioning him in front of them as to why he did it...

Also that can be dangerous, many of these chicas are thug girls and could try to mess with you with their b/f's or male thug friends, many of them have "drivers" and even pimps. If I ended up getting threatened or worse as a result of his actions, I guarantee he would pay and pay big... :evil: :evil: :evil:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:18 am 

Another thing is if the girl called to challenge me about that, I would tell her the truth. I would say he was the one who brought you up to me, he is the one doing the talking about you to me and who knows who else, I just agreed with him on these points but I was not the one who bothered to bring up your name and I never would, so honey, your beef is with this pathetic cretin, :oops: not me. :? :x

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:32 pm 

w the exception of BB, Jimmy, Pops, Russ and a few others i have found the guys living in the gulch to be major weasels
they are capable of far worse than tattling to a puta
most are desperate to make a dollar and just straight up smile in your face liars
but yeah they will also run and tell the working girls things that are said in person as well as on the board
i've seen guys get screamed at by girls and know full well who the little rat faggot was that caused it
believe it
he's sitting right next to you at the bar

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:26 pm 

Many Ex-pats, no matter where they are, love to gossip like wash women. Be very stingy with your trust, and careful with whom you call "friend."

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:37 pm 

BlueDevil wrote:
Many Ex-pats, no matter where they are, love to gossip like wash women. Be very stingy with your trust, and careful with whom you call "friend."

Yes I have found that with both the chicas and some gringos, San Jose is a gossipfest. I guess there are two ways to go, either don't give a shit what people say about you, or play your cards close to your chest and don't reveal any personal info. If I get a sense that some guy is an asshole, then I go into full bullshit mode.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:27 am 
Ticas ask me for advice!

I agree that some of the guys have hidden agendas and are real jerks. But you also have to be careful with the ladies too. They can be jealous. If they see you treating someone especially well, they are quick to point out stuff, even if it is not true. It keeps you on your toes.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:12 am 

Hbosbru wrote:
I agree that some of the guys have hidden agendas and are real jerks. But you also have to be careful with the ladies too. They can be jealous. If they see you treating someone especially well, they are quick to point out stuff, even if it is not true. It keeps you on your toes.

One day when I lived there in 2008, I was at HDR in the afternoon intrigued by a certain hotty, she looked just like one I had been with semi regularly then disappeared. When I approached her she knew my name, what I paid, what I like, where I live and was happy to accommodate me!

Of course it blew my mind, so when I asked her how she knew, the one she resembled was her sister, they were both from the DR and her sister went home to visit but told her to take me over until she got back! In any event, sure enough, she knew just what I liked, how to please, even the fact that if we got along I like to take them to lunch or dinner afterwards!

One day I showed up at HDR and there was the original sister! It appears their working relationship was they rotate working and the other one returns home to care for the Babi*s and the momma while the other one works.

Damn! I never got a chance to be with both simultaneously, since one flies home and then the other one leaves, but it shows you how they talk to each other, if you live here or are a frequent visitor, guaranteed several girls know a lot about you that you don't even know... :mrgreen: :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:23 pm 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

BlueDevil wrote:

+1000

Just avoid the gringo and refrain from bad mouthing anyone...Turn around and leave. Meet your friends at another bar that day.

It is hard to do, I know CR is small. But it does get easier!

Life is too short.
:mrgreen:

This post is provided purely for entertainment purposes and free of charge on the part of the author. No advice, tourist or travel promotion is expressed or implied. The author of this post was not provided compensation (monetary or otherwise) for this potentially entertaining contribution

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:59 am 
I can do CR without a wingman!

On my second trip my favorite and I went to Manuel Antonio for several days. She had a little to much to drink and exhibited behaviors that were very sexual and fantasy type material. I posted this stuff and within the hour of posting she got a hold of me and asked me to edit my post. She refused to tell me how she found out. Almost seemed like she had an account here. Anyway I don't post specifics any longer.