www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:46 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 5:11 pm 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

My favorite restaurant in Jaco is the Taco Bar. Great fresh fish and a good salad/vegetable bar. There are also several inexpensive Tico restaurants which serve up a good wholesome casados for $4-6.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:00 pm 
I can do CR without a wingman!

Pizza Pata, quick & easy, if you like A garlicky pizza.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:43 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Appreciate any other info on this thread, especially bang/buck in terms of quality or moderately inexpensive food.

Also: what are the late night options for food? When do the standard restaurants close?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:38 am 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Look for anywhere that has a decent size crowd of ticos. It means that the food is either very good or very cheap so either way you win. Sometimes you hit the jackpot and it is both very good and very cheap.

This applies to all of Costa Rica and even my girl is impressed with some of the places we stop and eat at while traveling the countryside.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:48 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

On my recent trip to Jaco I ate at these places:

Graffiti Restro Cafe - Excellent delicious restaurant at the new open mall. Cuisine was like American-Costa Rican fusion. Medium to expensive prices. All the waitresses are smoking hot and speak English very well; I think half of them are Americans. I'd post some food pics but I don't think I have permissions to do so. I ate here last year and it was just as good. One of my favorites in Jaco.

Mono Verde - First night at Jaco and we had gotten in late so went looking for dinner at around 10 PM. Came across Mono Verde since it looked swanky and had a decent crowd of locals sitting in the outdoor dining area. Sat inside where they had AC and was impressed with the decor. Very excellent food and service. The dessert selections looked really good but I was too full from my burger and fries. Price ranged from medium to expensive depending on what you got.

Posedion Restaurant - Free breakfast included with room. Had the scrambled eggs, coffee. Not bad. Heard the dinner selection is much better.

Crocs - Free breakfast included with room. Buffet style American breakfast. About a dozen or so dishes to choose from, including eggs, fresh fruit, coffee, danishes, rice and beans. We would eat at around 10 AM and basically load up and skip lunch.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:20 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

November 2018 Update

Soda Jaco Rustico - 3,000 colones ($5 USD) for a meal with choice of marinated pork chops or stewed chicken, rice, beans, mashed potatoes or green beans or salad, plantains, and an iced tea. I went with the pork chops and was very happy! Not sure what was in the marinade, but it paired well with the rice & beans.
All outdoor seating under a roof; not sure about Wifi but I wouldn't think so.

Beach Burgers - If you're in the mood for a burger but don't want to pay the prices at Ridiculous Burgers on Pastor Diaz Ave, right across the street from them is Beach Burgers where I got a cheeseburger, fries, and a giant Coke at 4,500 colones ($7.50) on their daily special and was very pleased. Burger made to order with good quality meat, fresh veggies, soft bun, and American cheese. Fries were crispy and the Coke was giant.
Indoor and outdoor seating, but outdoor comes with a great people watching view and if you're there in the evening can listen to live music from Señor Harry's down the street. No idea about Wifi.

Tacobar Jaco - They serve tacos! Very good flavor, and you get unlimited trips back to their toppings/salad bar. When your taco arrives go get toppings and eat, but use a fork instead of eating the tortilla, then go back and fill up the tortilla with salad for a veggie taco. Went twice and never got out for less than 8,000 colones ($13.50) for two tacos and a tea. But I can decimate a salad bar so it was a fair trade in my book. Visit their website (https://tacobar-jaco.business.site/) and you'll see 2 for 1 taco deals occasionally - I missed by one day for failing to look. :roll:
All outdoor seating but some spots have ceiling fans. Can sit at the bar for quick salad refills, or on the other side of the bar in swings, or at regular tables They have Wifi.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:36 pm 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

Any updates for 2019? :D

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 5:34 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Restaurante El Novillo Alegre
Argentinian steakhouse next door to El Hicaco. Good wine selection and prices on par w/El Hicaco.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2019 6:50 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

My go to restaurants when in Jaco

Pizza Pata
Tacobar
Los Amigo's (best homemade chicken Fingers)
Marea Alta ( open 24 hrs good breakfast and late night meal )

As you can tell I'm not a seafood guy