www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:25 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:28 am 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

JazzboCR wrote:
About JR Rib's Wasn't there some convo awhile back about avoiding the cole slaw? Mayo based and they let it sit out so it spoiled? Put a lot of guys off the place, that did. Did they then or now have C&W bands play? Even Latin style C&W?

Jazzbo ... I see your a philly/SJ guy ... so am I ... where am I getting the good Cheese steak from in SJ :wink:

I ask this mostly in jest, but the Del Mawr doesn't "put together" a bad one. The "cheese" is always more the issue than anything

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 6:51 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

chubbs has a good spicy philly cheese steak

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 8:46 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Frank69 wrote:
chubbs has a good spicy philly cheese steak

Let see, you have 6 posts and everyone of them is about Chubbs. :shock: Want to tell us your relationship with Chubbs :?:

More importantly tell us why the Philly cheese steak is spicy. Most places in Philly do not spice it but have jalapenos available for those who like a little heat.

alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat.
Alex Levine

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 8:53 pm 

Location: NFM--Geezers, cowpokes and the working poor--yeeha!
Nailed him good, Brother ID.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:14 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Yes, the owner of chubbs is a friend of mine. However the Philly cheesesteak is fantastic and I eat it everytime I am there. Nothing wrong with speaking the truth for a pal. :D

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:32 am 

Quote:
Yes, the owner of chubbs is a friend of mine.

"And that's, the rest of the story"

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:13 pm 
Frank69 wrote:
Yes, the owner of chubbs is a friend of mine. However the Philly cheesesteak is fantastic and I eat it everytime I am there. Nothing wrong with speaking the truth for a pal. :D

:| :| Frank, you will have to excuse the brothers on the board...just because you haven't written about banging Pamela, or how great the SL and Dunn Inn are, or chimed in about walking from the DR to the Presidente, or the great "cien" debate, or how to shave your balls, amongst other fine threads, your opinion and posts are appreciated :D I for one, will have a Philly Cheesesteak next time I'm down there :D :D What color cheese is used :?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:41 pm 

LocoHombre wrote:
Frank69 wrote:

:| :| Frank, you will have to excuse the brothers on the board...just because you haven't written about banging Pamela, or how great the SL and Dunn Inn are, or chimed in about walking from the DR to the Presidente, or the great "cien" debate, or how to shave your balls, amongst other fine threads, your opinion and posts are appreciated :D I for one, will have a Philly Cheesesteak next time I'm down there :D :D What color cheese is used :?

As usual LH chooses to miss the point for obvious reason.

A poster who posts about a variety of subjects and occasionally makes a post about a restaurant owned by a friend of his is understandable.

A poster who participates in no other forums on the board and confines his remarks solely to the promotion of a single business is more likely a shill.

Alex Levine

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:00 am 
Irish Drifter wrote:
LocoHombre wrote:
Frank69 wrote:

As usual LH chooses to miss the point for obvious reason.

A poster who posts about a variety of subjects and occasionally makes a post about a restaurant owned by a friend of his is understandable.

A poster who participates in no other forums on the board and confines his remarks solely to the promotion of a single business is more likely a shill.

:| :| do you have empirical evidence to support that claim, or is it an opinion :| :|

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:27 am 

LocoHombre wrote:
Irish Drifter wrote:

:| :| do you have empirical evidence to support that claim, or is it an opinion :| :|

I highlighted the words that should have given you the indication that the statement is more anecdotal then empirical.

Alex Levine

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:58 pm 

With all that being said ... Does Chubbs have a good Cheese Steak? Can I get a second opinion from someone other then family of the owner :D ? Where the Hell is Chubbs and how would I get there anyway? If the cheese steak is under par ... what else on the menu is worthwhile? For real though ... What color is the cheese or atleast is it cheddar like?

Lastly, WHY THE HELL AM I LOOKING FOR A GOOD CHEESESTEAK IN COSTA RICA? LOL

I guess I'm looking for the Philly Home feeling ... What time are the Eagles on?

Thanks

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:44 am 
Traveling wrote:
With all that being said ... Does Chubbs have a good Cheese Steak? Can I get a second opinion from someone other then family of the owner :D ? Where the Hell is Chubbs and how would I get there anyway? If the cheese steak is under par ... what else on the menu is worthwhile? For real though ... What color is the cheese or atleast is it cheddar like?

Lastly, WHY THE HELL AM I LOOKING FOR A GOOD CHEESESTEAK IN COSTA RICA? LOL

I guess I'm looking for the Philly Home feeling ... What time are the Eagles on?

Thanks

:lol: :lol: :lol: i like this guy allready :lol: :lol: :lol: please add your input to LPW, What are you drinking now, and the Ball Shaveing thread :)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:55 am 

Will arr 20 Nov- 29 Nov. Looking for best open pit (pork,beef) place. Best seafood (ceviche). Non Gringo preferred. This site is great.
Monger On
Moedog Out

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:46 am 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

The La Criollita made a great portion for their customers. I haven't seen the place but my friend said that they have used the best furniture in town and have great feature of using the patio furniture. I will probably check this place out!

Last edited by JayC on Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:35 pm 

Frank69 wrote:

Then please tell the owner for me, that his gringo food is overpriced, his onion rings are undercooked, but his bucket beer prices are just right. :D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next