www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:25 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 267 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:19 am 
PHD From Del Rey University!

+1

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:57 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Gentlemens:

I will be traveling to Costa Rica in June, i need help with some dependable and reliable drivers contact numbers, your help will be highly appreciatived.

Do anyone knows if one lucky dogg is available.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:47 pm 

sure http://lmgtfy.com/?q=one+lucky+dogg

if you look at the top of this page you will also see his website scrolling...

Post subject: Driver for my trip
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:13 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Esteban
+(506) 6165-4533

Speaks English very well. In one word: trustworthy.

Stayed in San Jose September 9-13, 2014.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:08 pm 
Just Learning The Gulch!

Just wanted to give a thumbs up to Sid of One Lucky Dogg for his excellent service from and to the airport on my first trip to CR, lots of good info during the ride, had a cold one ready, and took me to Walmart on the way in, and met up with him again at the SL. Will be using his service again next time, also am going to join his VIP membership before the next trip.

Last edited by Badwolf on Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:34 pm 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

destara09 wrote:
Gentlemens:

I will be traveling to Costa Rica in June, i need help with some dependable and reliable drivers contact numbers, your help will be highly appreciatived.

Do anyone knows if one lucky dogg is available.

One Lucky Dogg is available. With one of our 6 drivers, I am sure we can fit you in and give you the VIP treatment during your stay. Thanks for asking.

Add a little spice to you life.This post is provided purely for entertainment purposes and free of charge on the part of the author. No "Sex tourism or travel" promotion is expressed or implied. The author of this post was not provided any compensation for this hopefully entertaining contribution. Any posts regarding any event or hotel item are just my humble opinions only.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:28 am 

I have used PVT on my last 10 trips and highly recommend

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:09 am 

Sergio - 506-6062-6514

Perfect English. Lived in Reno for 24 years, and still owns a business there. Has two drivers as well as himself. Has done pickup and drop-off jobs for me with COD and never flinched.

I trust him.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 7:36 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

I'm heading to Jaco in a couple weeks. The cocal said they can provide transportation for 100 dollars. I was wondering what the going rate was and if any one has used their transportation

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:27 am 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

Anybody with contact info for Yiovoni he is a driver that operated out of Castillo for years. I think the tour company's name is Kary tours.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 3:25 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Just looking to get from the airport to SL. How much does a cab cost, and is there a better way?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 3:58 pm 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

Don't really know what a better way is. Are you saying cheaper? Less Money? Depending on your time of arrival and traffic, a cab ride will cost you anywhere from $25-$45. Tuasa public bus is about $1 to downtown S.J. Then a $4-$5 cab ride from there. Private driver like PVT or OLD will run you $30-$35, which is what I highly recommend.

Add a little spice to you life.This post is provided purely for entertainment purposes and free of charge on the part of the author. No "Sex tourism or travel" promotion is expressed or implied. The author of this post was not provided any compensation for this hopefully entertaining contribution. Any posts regarding any event or hotel item are just my humble opinions only.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:02 pm 

MEDICO wrote:
Just looking to get from the airport to SL. How much does a cab cost, and is there a better way?

The official airport taxi will use the meter, and should run about $30-35, give or take, based on traffic. Correct me if I'm wrong on the rate, I haven't taken an airport taxi in years, I just know from what's been reported here.

Other options:
1. Book one of the private guys mentioned in this thread, it should run you about $30 fixed cost. During rush hour (late afternoon), it's better than using the airport taxi because the cost is fixed. The airport taxi meter will keep going up to $40 or more.
2. You can book Interbus shuttle. It's a large van/minibus. It's a shared ride, so other people can also book the same pickup time, but usually you'll be the only one. It's about $15/person each way to/from airport. You can book it here: http://www.shuttlebus.co.cr/website/sho ... /index.php
3. Public bus- if this is your first trip to CR, or you arrive when it's dark outside, forget this option.
4. You can try to make a deal with an incoming taxi. You exit arrivals building go past the taxi drivers and people waiting outside, cross the street and take the escalator in the parking garage upstairs to the departure level. There when you see a taxi dropping off any passengers, ask how much to San Jose? They will say meter (maria) or he'll quote you a price. You would counter with $20 or $15. More often than not, it will be accepted since he's probably going back to SJ empty handed so anything is better than nothing.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:00 pm 

Orange wrote:
The official airport taxi will use the meter, and should run about $30-35, give or take, based on traffic. Correct me if I'm wrong on the rate, I haven't taken an airport taxi in years, I just know from what's been reported here.

1am orange cab fares to downtown run 13-14k. In the daytime, traffic controls the rate.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 7:46 pm 

MEDICO wrote:

Apologies to PVT in advance!

Aside the options presented in previous responses, Uber is also now an option:

Quote:
Fare Quote SJO to Barrio Amon:

uberX 8.548-11.234 CRC (about 16 - 21 USD at current exchange rates)
uberVAN 16.161-21.218 CRC (about 30 - 40 USD)

And there's always the possibility you may run into a familiar (female) face picking you up :)

mh

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 267 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next