www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:34 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: COVID/AIRBNB heads up
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:33 pm 
I can do CR without a wingman!

as a heads up, I was looking at booking a trip via AIRBNB and I noticed on one of the places I was looking at had a statement in it that due to Covid restrictions, the building the place was in was not allowing any guest at all in the building other than the person renting the apartment.

I first thought it was a way of keeping us away, but then checked with a couple of other apartments in the same building by saying i have family there I am visiting (so no relation to the hobby in the questioning) and they did come back with the same response of no visitors due to building restrictions. I then checked with a couple of other places around town and most of them had the same response about building restrictions.

So be sure you can have guests before you book anything.

I booked a house.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 4:41 pm 
Just Learning The Gulch!

THanks for the heads up. I need to check this. Very imp

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:11 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

NYr wrote:
as a heads up, I was looking at booking a trip via AIRBNB and I noticed on one of the places I was looking at had a statement in it that due to Covid restrictions, the building the place was in was not allowing any guest at all in the building other than the person renting the apartment.

I first thought it was a way of keeping us away, but then checked with a couple of other apartments in the same building by saying i have family there I am visiting (so no relation to the hobby in the questioning) and they did come back with the same response of no visitors due to building restrictions. I then checked with a couple of other places around town and most of them had the same response about building restrictions.

So be sure you can have guests before you book anything.

I booked a house.

Airbnb is setting rules worldwide for rentals through their platform. All hosts have to agree to Covid protocols. I'll be looking at these soon as I am a host and just haven't taken the time to see what has changed. As a host I had my own rules, and basically they were "no visitors". Also I did not allow guests from more than 2 households to share the accommodation. I expect there would be very few places that would not have these types of rules. They were in place to conform to government rules at the time.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:25 pm 
I can do CR without a wingman!

Zeos wrote:

Airbnb is setting rules worldwide for rentals through their platform. All hosts have to agree to Covid protocols. I'll be looking at these soon as I am a host and just haven't taken the time to see what has changed. As a host I had my own rules, and basically they were "no visitors". Also I did not allow guests from more than 2 households to share the accommodation. I expect there would be very few places that would not have these types of rules. They were in place to conform to government rules at the time.

Just to be clear, I am not referring to the host. I am talking about the policy of the building itself in which the Host has an airbnb rental.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:05 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

NYr wrote:
Zeos wrote:

Just to be clear, I am not referring to the host. I am talking about the policy of the building itself in which the Host has an airbnb rental.

Also the policy of the government, which early in the pandemic restricted access to shared areas such as pools, gyms, etc. Remember that AirBNBs are in a gray area in CR