www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Sportsmans L.......
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:12 am 
PHD From Del Rey University!

I'm kind of surprised that some guys are so eager to potentially risk their health by getting on a plane of people (some of whom may be infected) breathing re-circulated for a few hours.

It seems that the only thing keeping some of you from going is the border closure/lack of flights.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 2:57 pm 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

Orange wrote:
I'm kind of surprised that some guys are so eager to potentially risk their health by getting on a plane of people (some of whom may be infected) breathing re-circulated for a few hours.

It seems that the only thing keeping some of you from going is the border closure/lack of flights.

life's a risk

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 3:06 pm 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

Col Ingus wrote:
Orange wrote:

life's a risk

THIS!!!

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 9:31 pm 

As much as I'm dying to return I think I'll just come to grips that I'll have to be patient and will book my trip for perhaps February or March of next year. I hope my Paola will still remember me and be waiting. :D :D

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2020 3:35 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

BondTrader wrote:
As much as I'm dying to return I think I'll just come to grips that I'll have to be patient and will book my trip for perhaps February or March of next year. I hope my Paola will still remember me and be waiting. :D :D

“Never give up on something you really want. It’s difficult to wait, but more difficult to regret.” ~ Anonymous ~

It must be even more difficult for Bill to have to wait for arrivals to come back …. Maybe he can rent out a few rooms for Live Cam Rooms for some discounted virtual sessions with a few new friends or favoritas … or how about CRT VIP Bar Cams so things can be monitored from a distance 24/7 … CRT can make arrangements with SL with logistics and monetary paybacks etc. (Old school guys may remember when DR had a bar cam / heck they still may have one setup?) … JB 8)

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 12:33 am 
I can do CR without a wingman!

Copa is tentatively set to resume flights in July.

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 10:06 am 

I was originally scheduled to be in San Jose mid-April. Obviously that fell through so I pushed it out so I would be there over the 4th of July weekend for the SL golf tournament. Though not officially announced, I would say my chances of an open border with no quarantine are close to nil.

Going to push it out again to late August. I'd go later but I have pending flights to SE Asia in mid-October that I am hoping will work. If they come through with an early vaccine just might have a chance.

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 10:34 am 

Harddrive43228 wrote:
If they come through with an early vaccine just might have a chance.

I doubt that an early vaccine will have too much impact on travel policy. Even if a potential vaccine were discovered say before year end the efficacy of the vaccine will take a longer longer to determine (a year or more). Already there are reports of Covid mutations so a one size fits all vaccine seems like it would be very challenging. My guess is that travel restrictions in various forms will remain in place for a long time still. Each country will, of course, adopt their own policies. I’ve pushed my CR plans back to early 2021 and even there I’m apprehensive and have Plan B in place.

#FuckChina

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 6:24 pm 

BondTrader wrote:

If you been a payin' good...she be a rememberin' good... :lol:

Last year I saw one at HDR who was a well paid and well earned semi regular for a couple months for me 10 years ago. I was checking her out and trying to decide for a rematch, she looked surprisingly still good now for an ancient mid 30's...

She spots me staring at her and comes over, and says "You remember me, Netgems? I remember you!"

She was 10 years older, 10+ lbs. heavier, and one that I normally would refuse if it were our first encounter, but she still had that cute mischievous face, those big boobs didn't look like they sagged yet, and her butt-tocks hadn't exploded to size super xxxxx yet, besides, we had history, so away we went, and she delivered every bit as good as the good old days.

Like I said, if you're paying her well, she'll remember you in 2042... :lol: :twisted: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 6:57 pm 

Netgems wrote:
BondTrader wrote:

Last year I saw one at HDR who was a well paid and well earned semi regular for a couple months for me 10 years ago. I was checking her out and trying to decide for a rematch, she looked surprisingly still good now for an ancient mid 30's...

She spots me staring at her and comes over, and says "You remember me, Netgems? I remember you!"

She was 10 years older, 10+ lbs. heavier, and one that I normally would refuse if it were our first encounter, but she still had that cute mischievous face, those big boobs didn't look like they sagged yet, and her butt-tocks hadn't exploded to size super xxxxx yet, besides, we had history, so away we went, and she delivered every bit as good as the good old days.

Like I said, if you're paying her well, she'll remember you in 2042... :lol: :twisted: :mrgreen:

In her late 50's you might wish she would forget you. :oops:

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 11:59 pm 

Dragon wrote:
Copa is tentatively set to resume flights in July.

Copa has already cancelled my trips to San Jose booked for April, July & October of this year. They also cancelled my trip to Medellin scheduled for June. I rebooked 2 of the cancellations for the end of the year but we will see. I'm getting very rusty.

Copa's website announced an extension of their service suspension, now set to resume on June 26. Also, their website will not let you book any flights to sjo or mde until late November or later.

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 3:18 pm 

Boynton wrote:
Netgems wrote:
BondTrader wrote:

In her late 50's you might wish she would forget you. :oops:

When she hits her 50's I'm either dead or I forgot her, one of the two. Besides, I saw her in HDR. Doesn't look like it will be resurrecting any time soon, lol...I thought for sure HDR would be like "Hotel California"...lot of similarities in these lyrics...

On a dark desert highway
Cool wind in my hair
Warm smell of colitas
Rising up through the air
Up ahead in the distance
I saw a shimmering light
My head grew heavy and my sight grew dim
I had to stop for the night
There she stood in the doorway
I heard the mission bell
And I was thinkin' to myself
'This could be heaven or this could be hell
Then she lit up a candle
And she showed me the way
There were voices down the corridor
I thought I heard them say
Welcome to the Hotel California
Such a lovely place (such a lovely place)
Such a lovely face
Plenty of room at the Hotel California
Any time of year (any time of year)
You can find it here
Her mind is Tiffany-twisted
She got the Mercedes Benz, uh
She got a lot of pretty, pretty boys
That she calls friends
How they dance in the courtyard
Sweet summer sweat
Some dance to remember
Some dance to forget
So I called up the Captain
"Please bring me my wine"
He said, "We haven't had that spirit here since 1969"
And still those voices are calling from far away
Wake you up in the middle of the night
Just to hear them say
Welcome to the Hotel California
Such a lovely place (such a lovely place)
Such a lovely face
They livin' it up at the Hotel California
What a nice surprise (what a nice surprise)
Bring your alibis
Mirrors on the ceiling
The pink champagne on ice
And she said, "We are all just prisoners here of our own device"
And in the master's chambers
They gathered for the feast
They stab it with their steely knives
But they just can't kill the beast
Last thing I remember
I was running for the door
I had to find the passage back
To the place I was before
"Relax", said the night man
"We are programmed to receive
You can check out any time you like
But you can never leave"

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 10:08 pm 

SinCity wrote:
Copa's website announced an extension of their service suspension, now set to resume on June 26. Also, their website will not let you book any flights to sjo or mde until late November or later.
The reason for that extension is that the Panama airport will not open until June 25. I doubt many, if any, of their destinations will be allowing international travelers then. I am hoping for sometime in late July.

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2020 3:54 pm 

Colombia airports are tentatively scheduled to open up to international travelers on September 1st. The opening date has already been moved twice.