www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:06 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:45 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

I have been looking for a hotel in San Jose for May 13th through the 18th originally I was thinking the Hotel Del however since getting the vip membership to this site I am now leaning more toward the Sportmans Hotel although I am not a big sports fan I am looking for other physical activity hence the reason I joined this board. My question is I am looking at the penthouse room I like what it has to offer although on the higher price I never go cheap hotel rooms because I like the room to have amenities And do not mind paying a premium. My question is the penthouse is 275 a night do our membership give us a 10% discount however the discount does not show up when selecting the room through this CRT WEBLINK. I want a hotel that is guest friendly which this one is however other hotel options are limited. I want the convenience to location, rooms with graded amenities and bring guest maybe one or two at time. Also I will be a solo traveler does anyone have user photo of the penthouse to get a realistic perspective of the penthouse. I trust actual photo in leiu of professional ones also is seems like it has a pool table which would be a plus. Thanks in advance

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:12 am 
PHD From Del Rey University!

What you see on the SL web site is what you get. The photos are not embellished to suck you in then disappoint you when you check in. You will not believe the fun you will have if you stay there. Bill runs a good operation and you will meet him as he is hands on daily, he might not wave at you though......

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:50 am 
Ticas ask me for advice!

My SL reservations never show the CRT discount when booked. When you check in the front desk will add the discount when you show your CRT card. The girls at the SL front desk are great. SL front desk is usually proactive and will ask you if you have CRT. Other places, especially Cocal, you have to bring it up at check-in or you will get the rack rate.

Once you show your card at check-in you will also get 10% off bar and restaurant if you charge to your room. Incidentally, SL is the only bar in CR that I would recommend running a tab on a credit card or charging to your room. All other bars I pay for each round. Your tab can easily accumulate many mysterious charges. If there is a dispute the bar has all the leverage. If you have an unpaid bill, Immigration can keep you from exiting CR.

I would probably trust Amistad and Castillo to run a tab, but it is not really relevant as most everyone there is on the all-inclusive plan.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:17 am 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Thanks for the replies.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:44 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

If you run a tab at the HOTEL COCAL you could be in for a surprise when you pay your bill :shock:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:33 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Really please explain

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:54 pm 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

Hank wrote:
If you run a tab at the HOTEL COCAL you could be in for a surprise when you pay your bill :shock:

I was ok running a tab during the day, no surprises...but would never do it at night!