www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 2:52 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:10 am 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Whitecat wrote:
It’s for that reason SL has such a good rep. Other places have their ups and downs, but SL maintains it’s A+ report card. I have never stayed there but visit often. Now if I could only get that little spinner bartender’s phone number.........

I don't think, I may be incorrect, the bartenders/waitresses engage in the hobby. However, if spinners are your game, Camila at Relax...yes...go there...ask for her...feel free to pm me for the lurid details..you will be experiencing nirvana... :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:50 am 

GoodDayJohn wrote:

You probably should stop considering yourself as an expert in detecting dimwitted people.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Haha, OK, you gave me an elbow in the ribs on this matter, and I'm tempted to elbow you back, but for now, I want to say I admire your response to this cretin, in another older thread... as he was intentionally advocating "Blumenthalling honorable servicemen"...:

But it seems we both detected this dimwit, you can enjoy my tormenting him at the end of my Dollars/Colones post...

GoodDayJohn
Post subject: Re: Games The Airlines PlayPostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:54 am

Yosh1234 wrote:
I have what works for me as a service connected veteran. Be sure to state that too. For example, "I'm a service connected veteran".... (most people support military personnel and just mentioning you're a military veteran the representative is more likely to help than not; plus, everyone has someone in their family who served)... with {insert injury, illness, or disease name here} followed by "it's complicated by {nerve pain, etc}. It's all in how you word it to the representative.

GoodDayJohn responded :
Because you have a relative who is a military veteran, you twist words to imply that you are a veteran. That's called stolen valor.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:35 pm 
Just Learning The Gulch!

nicarica wrote:
djforrest wrote:
Anyone ever stay at the Penthouse at SL? My biddy and I are debating renting it but unsure of the privacy because one of the beds is a loft. The other option would be the penthouse at Castillo and the King Suite with Balcony....any thoughts?

Thanks! and thanks Hbosbru

Not sure of the Castillos Penthouse but I'm sure its nice. The SL Penthouse there is plenty of privacy (two separate rooms) two huge Jacuzzis, a living room and a kitchen. Can't go wrong at either place I'm certain.

Enjoy

I can speak to the Castillos Penthouse: It is very roomy and very "light" with fantastic views from the upper level deck. The "light" I am referring to is from all of the sunshine coming in from huge windows. This suite takes in the SJO skyline in all its glory. It is really beautiful and has a nice deck to hang out on and have some wine or whatever. But...if you need a dark room to sleep in (like me) it is probably not the room. I think their standard rate is $169 per night which is a great deal given the level of luxury. Super nice.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:03 pm 

I don't get downtown much. (Gulch, DelRey, Sportmans Lodge etc).

But yesterday a visiting friend staying downtown wanted to have dinner.
He had already found the DelRey and found it, "too seedy". His words.

So I took him to the Sportsmans, after not being there for a long time.
I was surprised with the renovations. The back bar area where the pool table is has been opened up with a window looking in on the kitchen. Really nice if you want to shoot pool.
Probably other improvements that I didn't notice but overall it looks great. My friend was impressed too.

He had the ribeye and liked it, which is not always the case in CR.

Anyway, now more than ever, I recommended the Sportsman's Lodge as a hotel, restaurant, bar, and place to shoot pool.

* RENT but, "Don't Buy a Home in Costa Rica" until you have lived here for THREE years.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:23 am 

Location: Sex Felony State (most other places p4p is just another day!)
The kitchen remodel looks beautiful! Really nice how they replaced the equipment and made the see through window.

Was fun walking through there tonight.