www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:02 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:33 am 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

SJocr wrote:
Hell, I am in there once or twice a week, usually just as a way station. I have never ever tried to hit on them and won't. I am not interested and I am not distracted. My strategy when I do go to hunt is to interview several girls until I find the right one for the experience and then get her the hell out of there and get drinks and fun at my favorite hangout, which is El Cuartel on Monday night. With the right girl, it is a blast each and every time!

Do you live in C.R. ?

Reviews with Name, Where we can find her, Description (Height, weight, measurements (best guesses will do just fine)), and a rundown on services provided (and yes, YMMV is understood) would be GREATLY appreciated.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:48 am 
Ticas ask me for advice!

Where is el quartel?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:48 am 
Ticas ask me for advice!

Ok where is el cuartel?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:24 am 
I can do CR without a wingman!

Cuartel de la boca is located in Barrio San Francisco. Most cab drivers should know where it is.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:38 am 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

El Cuartel de la boca del monte is the name. It's a yuppy kinda hangout for Ticos, not many gringos go there, or at least they didn't used to. It's been a while since I was in there but it kinda had a "fern bar" type atmosphere when I was there.

Good place to meet locals maybe; mostly younger 20's crowd but some older people go in there. Not a real "pick up" joint but a place you might meet a nice single woman, not a hooker type. You'd probably have to date her a time or two before she'd put out. LOL.

Sure, good place to take a girl from the Del Rey or KL you want to make a connection with.

As for the subject of this thread I don't doubt it could happen at the Del Rey or the Sportsman's Lodge. Where there's the possibility of a scam to get extra money it's always possible!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:02 am 
PHD From Del Rey University!

If anything. If ever in doubt why not use a CC? Cash is non traceable. However some shady ass bar in CR will probably not be able to pull up near half the required receipts to do well with a major CC and will be reversed.

Have only done it once. With an airline that I actually flew on ( much against my terms) and they happily refunded the whole thing because there was no paperwork of notice of change or whatever.

I don't work in CC or banking. But I feel like the guidelines are set highly in the consumer favor. So any shady stuff should be easily absorbed. I always grab receipts for anything big whether cash or credit, and anything out of the ordinary. Anything small I have no issues just disputing it

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:31 am 

Jmacaula wrote:
If anything. If ever in doubt why not use a CC? Cash is non traceable. However some shady ass bar in CR will probably not be able to pull up near half the required receipts to do well with a major CC and will be reversed.

Have only done it once. With an airline that I actually flew on ( much against my terms) and they happily refunded the whole thing because there was no paperwork of notice of change or whatever.

I don't work in CC or banking. But I feel like the guidelines are set highly in the consumer favor. So any shady stuff should be easily absorbed. I always grab receipts for anything big whether cash or credit, and anything out of the ordinary. Anything small I have no issues just disputing it

Are you going to waste time disputing a $5 charge? Why put yourself in the situation? Disputing many small charges or even a couple of large purchases and you might get blacklisted and never get credit again!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:31 am 

Jmacaula wrote:

Are you going to waste time disputing a $5 charge? Why put yourself in the situation? Disputing many small charges or even a couple of large purchases and you might get blacklisted and never get credit again!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:35 am 

SJocr wrote:
And the old scam at the Del Rey seems to have reached epic proportions lately in terms of trying to cheat you on each and every single drink. Fortunately I don't go in there that often, don't have to, don't want to, but sometimes it's necessary. Or it is simply a way station to have a drink while waiting, texting or going somewhere else. I don't think I am going to use it this way anymore because those muchachas have taken it to new levels in terms of the ways and the techniques they use trying to cheat you when you are paying cash in colones. They tell you you had two drinks when you had one. They tell you the cost of something verbally, for example she quoted me a price for Red Bull of six dollars and then you have to press them really hard to get the check and it is $4.50 and she had the nerve to slam the paper and the change down on the bar and them stomp off after she was busted.

Are you paying in dollars or colones? In a foreign country ALWAYS pay the local currency. Most tack on a "conversion charge" for dollars. If they quote in dollars, ask for local rate.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6