www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:27 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:33 am 
Ticas ask me for advice!

Cantuva1 wrote:
Again read my post carefully, I said new scam. I figured I would forwarn, I have been there many times and never had this issue before.

Next.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:44 am 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Cantuva1 wrote:
Again read my post carefully, I said new scam. I figured I would forwarn, I have been there many times and never had this issue before.

I would tread very carefully labeling this incident as a scam.

While it's not a every day occurrence the electronic transaction system in Costa Rica does tend to have a glitch at times. It is very possible that the the terminal did not show the transaction as being completed when it fact it did register in the system.

Unless there are more occurrences at to the two establishments you named I would tend to believe neither has a scam going.

alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat.
Alex Levine

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:51 am 

Chilimike wrote:
5years 5 posts? I agree about the sportmens and even dr 39 trips and no bullshit with my card, more facts are needed,what was the card used for? who ran the charge, was it cleared up, sounds like he had a bad trip and wants to blame bullshit on places that we know that they run correct ( bar tab at the dr with a cc....yes asking for trouble, your hotel bill at the dr without going over it line by line, yes asking for trouble, not asking for a daily summary at the sportmens ( must do if switching room during your stay)

hard to get double charged when you have a full bar in your room :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:07 pm 

Cantuva1 wrote:

Cantuva1,

Please send us proof of this charge sir. If true we would have to address this internally. I talked to management and reception about this and there was no such comment made to our staff.

Info@sportsmenscr.com or call 1-800-291-2798 or 011-506-2221-2533

Thank you,

Bill
Sportsmens Lodge

This post is provided purely for entertainment purposes and free of charge on the part of the author. No "Sex tourism or travel" promotion is expressed or implied. The author of this post was not provided any compensation for this hopefully entertaining contribution. Any posts regarding any event or hotel item are just my humble opinions only.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:34 pm 
I can do CR without a wingman!

thanks for the Spanish lesson:
A..Hole = Cantuva1

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:46 pm 
I can do CR without a wingman!

Spanky wrote:
PacoLoco wrote:
I knew there was something fishy about that owner of SL! :lol:

He didn't smile or say hello to me either. Boycott!

"SOUR FCKING APPLES"

let me weigh in here ...Bill & Company @ The Sportsman are stand-up and trusted individuals who I trust for years... and as far as I am concerned this is just another sour apples post.

furthermore, in 2007 - I was partaking in excessive research $ drinking @ the KL, and after several hours of shots of booze, I was in a general stupor and stumbled out of the KL leaving my CC behind.

The very next morning, The Spratt ( MY WINGMAN) informed that the CC was still @ the HDR. She loaded me up into the taxi and within minutes I had my card back which was secured @ the front-desk was with NO OVER-CHARGES. :shock: :shock: :shock:

but hey, now that BK is gone and there is nothing to do but pick ones' "A" while picking sour apples... :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:09 pm 

Location: Referred to the OIG by Mucho Gusto after mysterious fire at his gay night club.
Iggy wrote:
Spanky wrote:
PacoLoco wrote:
I knew there was something fishy about that owner of SL! :lol:

He didn't smile or say hello to me either. Boycott!

"SOUR FCKING APPLES"

let me weigh in here ...Bill & Company @ The Sportsman are stand-up and trusted individuals who I trust for years... and as far as I am concerned this is just another sour apples post.

Really? I don't like apples much. I'm more of an Asian Pear guy. They are crisper in my opinion.

Dude. Deep Breath. Now exhale slowly. One more time.

Bill knows exactly who I am and took the comment for what it was worth.... nothing. Bill personally shook my hand and bought me more than a few drinks. I'm not 100% sure if he said hello or smiled but he did shake my hand. It might have been to see if he could distract me to pick my pocket. I'm with Paco, there is something slightly fishy about the guy. Never trust a man with a beard is what I say.

To quote Sgt Hulka "Lighten up Francis".

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:27 pm 

Ladiablo,how could I be over charged......with randy444 watching my every move and reporting to Bill and the Police of san jose......you know that heinous crime of sharing a drink from your room

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:42 pm 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

Cantuva1 wrote:

Why don't you simply answer some of the questions the guys asked you ??? :roll:

Reviews with Name, Where we can find her, Description (Height, weight, measurements (best guesses will do just fine)), and a rundown on services provided (and yes, YMMV is understood) would be GREATLY appreciated.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:25 pm 

Chilli, I forgot to thank you for all those drinks you furnished me and my guests during our last stay at the SL. Thanks

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:52 pm 

@Spanky,
Did Bill wave ? He didn't wave to me last time I was there :( :( :(
Regards, 911 Driver

The happy hour is a device either for getting rid of social obligations hurriedly en masse or for making overtures toward more serious social relationships, as in the etiquette of whoring.- Brooks Atkinson

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:04 pm 

I've known Bill for a long time. As long as he wears his FSU shirt on game day Saturday's, I don't ever have a problem with him or his staff. Sometimes they might get the bill a little mixed up, but that is understandable. Let me suggest, that if you think there is a problem, go online if you can. He has free wifi and a couple of computers you can use to check you account. My c.c. send me an email automatically when a purchased is made. Scam? Sportsman? Don't this so. Bill is making too much money the right way.

Add a little spice to you life.This post is provided purely for entertainment purposes and free of charge on the part of the author. No "Sex tourism or travel" promotion is expressed or implied. The author of this post was not provided any compensation for this hopefully entertaining contribution. Any posts regarding any event or hotel item are just my humble opinions only.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:22 pm 

Location: Referred to the OIG by Mucho Gusto after mysterious fire at his gay night club.
911 Driver wrote:
@Spanky,
Did Bill wave ? He didn't wave to me last time I was there :( :( :(
Regards, 911 Driver

No he didn't. That's why I am inclined to believe that this scam could happen. It's clear that he is unfriendly because he neither smiles or waves at guests. I stand by my statement that when he shook my hand he frowned and it was to distract me to pick my pocket. LA Diablo was there and witnessed it. Bill didn't smile or wave at him either. Shameful. Bill also has a beard and I am not inclined to trust men with beards. He wears shorts too. He obviously doesn't know that in Costa Rica you need to wear pants to blend. I could go on with other things I notice about him but I think the evidence speaks clearly enough.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:58 pm 

@OLD,
Are you saying Bill got the Bill wrong, or he got it right, or was Bill wrong and the bill right? Sl is a confusing place, I think one of the Tica bartenders shorted me once for 100 colons, aw shit, was is it a tica, nica or chica bartender, damn that place sure gets confusing after a few. 8) 8) 8) 8)
Regards, 911 Driver

The happy hour is a device either for getting rid of social obligations hurriedly en masse or for making overtures toward more serious social relationships, as in the etiquette of whoring.- Brooks Atkinson

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:14 am 

i know the bartenders abscond w our crt discount when we are too drunk to remember to ask. have seen them counting the pennies behind the bar and i know Bill gets his cut of that. dude is on his high horse walking around like he owns the place. no smiles, no handshakes, no waves. nada.
i have seen the shorts cut well above the knee and that evil eye he gives Spanky. listen close and you will hear a "hello" and a handshake followed by a low level "pffft". he did wave at one guy, sort of. then feigned a backhand to the dome as he passed by and snagged the guys chica.
w Chili opening his bar from inside its become a dog eat dog lodge. every monger for himself. btw wheres my free drinks?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next