www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:49 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:14 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Hey whats up.

Planning a fellas trip to Costa Rica in September. We went to Sosua in 2016, Medellin last year and now looking to visit Costa Rica; most likely Jaco. I've been reading varying reports of how San Jose (Del Rey mainly) is dead or dying.

I know there are probably various threads throughout the board that may contain this info or information somewhat similiar; but I figured this is a good way for me to introduce myself and start some dialogue with some of you vets.

Wondering if you guys have any suggestions for decent, somewhat upscale condos/villas for 5+ men that are chica friendly? Separate rooms each.

I have been checking out VRBO and Airbnb (never used either before). Not sure if I should be paying attention to something specific to see if its chica friendly. Also checked out Cocal. Saw villascostarica but that is beyond our price range.

Appreciate any help or guidance y'all can throw my way.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:46 am 
Ticas ask me for advice!

Check out Vista Mar Condos. They are next to Cocal. If being close to action is important this is the best choice for condos. All others you will most likely be using cabs. It’s part of Cocal, but not completely. Room service is available from Cocal. Booking is possible through their website. But Condos are privately owned and some owners book through other services. Internet search for Vista Mar Jaco.

Most at Vista Mar are 3 bedroom, but penthouse is 5 bedroom. You need to google to find deals here. Don’t assume the link from Cocal website gives you all the options and prices, only the owners that book through Cocal.

The other thing to be aware of is the “Make a Reservation” link from Hotel Cocal shows only the condos they are contracted to book, not actual hotel rooms at Cocal. Makes no sense. You need to call or email the hotel to book hotel rooms.

Also make sure you ask about guest policy. As noted on other threads recently, Condos at Crocs are no longer permitting guests.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:00 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Guest policy is the condo office keeps the chica cedula until she leaves the condo. You need to walk down with her so she can get her cedula back. No chica fees or time constrants.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:00 pm 
Just Learning The Gulch!

I have stayed in the condos before and the 5 bedroom penthouses are nice. They are pretty good size and have enough room for all. Over the last 9 years though we have picked houses instead. Usually for about $100-$200 more for the trip per guy you can have your own house and pool and not have to worry about anything. Many houses have night security as well. If it is your first trip to Jaco you might want to consider using someone like www.jacovip.com they will arrange everything for you and make the trip fun. Even though I have been there for 10 years straight we still use them just for the convenience. (It is nice to have someone pick you up at the airport with a stocked van/bus, take you to your house which is stocked with food, have a chef come to the house to cook dinner, and then they take you to the hot spots to cap off the night). And no I do not work for them lol.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:26 am 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Sorry been away on a short business trip but thank you fellas I'll check out these places.

lol, Aray213, that sounds like quite the review, maybe you should be a spokesperson for them. That sounds like some nice top notch VIP treatmeant, pick up, food, chef etc. Real nice.

Thanks Bulldog10 and Hank. Yeah Bulldog, thats why its always good to talk to vets, get that simple advice like calling or emailing since the website doesn't show all the things they offer. Appreciate it bossman.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:32 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

kaldres wrote:
Sorry been away on a short business trip but thank you fellas I'll check out these places.

lol, Aray213, that sounds like quite the review, maybe you should be a spokesperson for them. That sounds like some nice top notch VIP treatmeant, pick up, food, chef etc. Real nice.

Thanks Bulldog10 and Hank. Yeah Bulldog, thats why its always good to talk to vets, get that simple advice like calling or emailing since the website doesn't show all the things they offer. Appreciate it bossman.

Check out HRG Properties & rentals to rent directly from the owners at Vista Mar you won't get the COCAL's breakfast but you will save enough to buy it somewhere else