www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:13 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:49 am 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Buzzfla wrote:
MM# I believe you said

From the HDR to the SL / HLH / ZII/ Taormina / Castillo / LA is 5 minutes.

I have stayed at both and from the SL to the LA is about 5 minutes .It's a lot easier from the LA to the SL

HDR to Z2/HLH - 7 min
HDR to Taormina - 8 min
HDR to SL - 8 min
HDR to LA - 8.5 min
HDR to Castillo - 6.5 min

Walking at decent pace...

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:10 am 

Zeos wrote:
Buzzfla wrote:
MM# I believe you said

From the HDR to the SL / HLH / ZII/ Taormina / Castillo / LA is 5 minutes.

I have stayed at both and from the SL to the LA is about 5 minutes .It's a lot easier from the LA to the SL

HDR to Z2/HLH - 7 min
HDR to Taormina - 8 min
HDR to SL - 8 min
HDR to LA - 8.5 min
HDR to Castillo - 6.5 min

Walking at decent pace...

And I walk at a forced march pace!

Any opinion or observation in the post above is purely presented for entertainment purposes and does not promote "sexual tourism" or "human trafficking". The laws of Costa Rica apply to all activities in Costa Rica. No warranty is expressed or implied. Void where prohibited by law. Your experience, observations or perspective may be different.

In exile in pu*sy prison

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:46 pm 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

you must walk at a forced pace if you can make it to the Taomina in 8 minutes. It's more like a run

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:55 pm 

Buzzfla wrote:
you must walk at a forced pace if you can make it to the Taomina in 8 minutes. It's more like a run

Zeos said 8 minutes. It's 600m. Not even a kilometer.

An adult in decent shape should be able to walk a mile in 20 minutes (flat ground). Doing the math, that's about 8 minutes to walk 600m.

That's at a 'normal' walking pace - not race walking or any of that nonsense. I do walk fast - a hold over of my old life (I was on the rucksack marching team at the University of Pineland :wink: ).

Now that assumes the walker isn't overweight, smoking like a chimney, using a walker (or a Rascal), dragging an oxygen tank and so on.

Or light headed from too much vitamin V. Or hung over.

Any opinion or observation in the post above is purely presented for entertainment purposes and does not promote "sexual tourism" or "human trafficking". The laws of Costa Rica apply to all activities in Costa Rica. No warranty is expressed or implied. Void where prohibited by law. Your experience, observations or perspective may be different.

In exile in pu*sy prison

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:32 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

MM3 wrote:
Buzzfla wrote:

An adult in decent shape should be able to walk a mile in 20 minutes (flat ground). Doing the math, that's about 8 minutes to walk 600m.

That's at a 'normal' walking pace - not race walking or any of that nonsense. I do walk fast - a hold over of my old life (I was on the rucksack marching team at the University of Pineland :wink: ).

Now that assumes the walker isn't overweight, smoking like a chimney, using a walker (or a Rascal), dragging an oxygen tank and so on.

This is me after losing quite a bit of winter weight ( https://media0.giphy.com/media/s9kJXPK6jjoME/200_s.gif ) - I should be ready
for a hearty stroll this week he

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:12 pm 

sb_boise wrote:
This is me after losing quite a bit of winter weight ( https://media0.giphy.com/media/s9kJXPK6jjoME/200_s.gif ) - I should be ready for a hearty stroll this week he

Jajajajaja! I'll have the ambulancia on call!

In exile in pu*sy prison

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:11 pm 

Buzzfla wrote:

I walk it at night....and since you go through tranny alley I move along at a good pace...lol

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:39 am 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

I agree a person in decent shape can walk a mile between 15-20 minutes. That is based a flat surface with no traffic.to go the SL you have to pass Ave. 3&5 which usually has traffic and is up hill. Now if you can make it the Taorima in 8 minutes and you are the DL and I'm at the Taorima I will bet you that you can not walk that in 8 minutes at your pace.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:47 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Any hotels in the area guest friendly with a pool?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:33 am 
Cant think of any around the gulch. Problem is that an unheated pool in san jose is pretty chilly. El Sesteo i think that is the name of the place , has a pool. It is located fairly close to the gulch in sabana del sur. South of the sabana park.
Its lots warmer west of san jose around santa ana, more pools there.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:17 pm 

are pool heaters a million dollars in CR or something?
they figured out jacuzzis
never did find a heated pool anywhere in that country

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:16 pm 
I can do CR without a wingman!

A lot of homes in CR don’t have hot water let alone the pools. Tica’s/Tico’s don’t mind the cold water in pools. I enjoy watching the Chicas get out of the cold pool. Nipples hard as rocks

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:27 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

I like the hard nipples as well. Just wanted to answer that one out of respect.

Anyway, on the subject of walking.. like specifically around the area of La Amistad where I stayed in August. I was walking in that area, looking for a place to buy beer, soap, etc.. and man, I wasn't used to the strange way that the traffic signals were angled in such a weird way that it's hard for pedestrians to see the light.

Several times, I just went for it because I saw cars stopped.. But I didn't even know that they were stopped because of a red light, because I didn't see the signal myself. I thought there were stopped because there was a costa rican rule that if they see a pedesterian, they just stop and let you cross if you need to.

So I did the leap across the street, several times, without knowing if the cars were go about to go again.

I was on the airplane on the way back, in deep gratitude that my luck was on my ignorant, San Jose-newbie side those 2 days.

MM3 wrote:
Buzzfla wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:42 pm 

Be very, very careful in San Jose walking around. There is no law in Costa Rica that the drivers have to wait for pedestrians to cross like in California. In fact, I think that the national sport is to try to run over gringos. i have had several close calls where I was almost road pizza. I really don't jaywalk anymore (much). The best way is to use the other ticos at the crosswalks to run interference for you. Actually some of the nice drivers will wave you across, but that is the exception.