www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 3:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:31 pm 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

A review of the Cohiba 1966 2011 Edicion Limitada in stock at The Havana Humidor Room at HLH
In 1966 the cigars that had become Fidel’s favourites and were only given as diplomatic gifts to heads of states were given a name; Cohiba. Cohiba were not introduced in the market until 1984 and it did not take long for the brand to establish its status as the most premium brand in Habano’s portfolio. 45 years later, Habanos SA launched a cigar to commemorate the 45th anniversary from the birth of the brand, naming it “1966″ and making it part of the Limited Edition series. It’s size is unique, called Canonazo Especial, measuring 6.5″ in length by 52 ring gauge, with the characteristic pigtail we are used to since the Behikes.

The 1966 an impressive wrapper; dark and smooth, with no imperfections at all and so oily that it will make your fingertips shine! The pigtail that finishes off the cap of the cigar is looks impressive. It is well bunched and the wrapper is full of sweet aromas, with barnyard, grass and earthy scents emerging from the foot. The prelight draw is perfect.
The cigar lights up easily and quickly fills the room with smoke. It is complex from the start, with hay, earth and chocolate being the more dominant flavours. The body is milder than one would expect, medium, and the finish is long and lingering with an aftertaste of white pepper. Smoking the first third, more flavours appear. Wood, earth, salt, chocolate, espresso. The ash is good, thick and grey in colour, with a solid texture and reaches more than an inch in length. The coal is flat, but highly effective with the cigar burning really well.

Smoking in the second third and the flavours get stronger. Tobacco, wood and earth are now more prominent, followed by a sweet mocha flavor.The complexity of the 1966 is great.
In the last third the body turns to medium to full and the flavours remain the same as in the second third, but stronger. Wood, earth and hay, with grass and dark chocolate coming and going, and white pepper getting stronger.

This cigar will enhance with age, say 5 to 10 years.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:01 am 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

I really like this thread lots of good info. Im not an officianado at all but have seen and smelt a shitload of cigars living here in las vegas. I used to like the taste of Davidoff Cigars. Havent smoked a cigar in years though. will definitely stop in and try a few next time in san Jose . probably in a few months

Cali

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:43 pm 

Special on Cuban Paratagas Lusitanias 49x7.6
A Reviw: The Incredible Double Corona by Partagas, in my opinion, is easily one of the best cigars coming out of Havana. Sophisticated, intelligent and complex the Lusitanias is rich in flavours beyond your wildest dreams. Fruited pot pourri that evolves into a creamy and full amber phase culminating in an extremely spicy finish. This Cuban cigar oozes with class and holds court with perfection.
Bundle of 25 for $300

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:20 am 

WiseAsh wrote:
Special on Cuban Paratagas Lusitanias 49x7.6
A Reviw: The Incredible Double Corona by Partagas, in my opinion, is easily one of the best cigars coming out of Havana. Sophisticated, intelligent and complex the Lusitanias is rich in flavours beyond your wildest dreams. Fruited pot pourri that evolves into a creamy and full amber phase culminating in an extremely spicy finish. This Cuban cigar oozes with class and holds court with perfection.
Bundle of 25 for $300

I thought you were talking about the gal I was with yesterday

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:58 pm 

I have 8 people (1 is a chick) in the Havana Humidor Room. Scuba1 is here and is smoking a big black 60X7" cigar made by AMERICAN STANDARD. iT'S MAKING ME SICK JUST LOOKING AT IT, BUT THAT'S sCUBA FOR YOU :)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:31 pm 

lmao :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:58 am 

WiseAsh wrote:
I have 8 people (1 is a chick) in the Havana Humidor Room. Scuba1 is here and is smoking a big black 60X7" cigar made by AMERICAN STANDARD. iT'S MAKING ME SICK JUST LOOKING AT IT, BUT THAT'S sCUBA FOR YOU :)

Scuba buys them by the case at Walgreens. :lol:

Voted San Jose's #1 Maripepino

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:24 am 

Seabreeze: I think Scuba1 buys the at EPA in San Jose and Home Depot in Miami. They both carry American Standard. Maybe Walgreens has them by the sign "Employees must wash their hands". I'll ask him in person today to get this "shitty situation" cleared up. :);)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:48 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

:lol: :lol: :lol: I think I'm gonna flush those cigars as well as this thread right down the 'ol inodoro - Bruce too :) :) :lol: :lol: :lol: :) :) :)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:14 pm 

email is havanahumidorroom.com website. In stock 24 boxes of special editions, Montes, Cohiba, Partagas and Hoyo.

Post subject: Re: Cohiba 1966 LE
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:07 pm 

COHIBA
NAME: 1966 Edicion Limitada 2011
FACTORY NAME: Cañonazo
RING GAUGE: 52
LENGTH: 16.60 CM / 6.5 INCHES
TASTE: Spicy
STRENGTH: Medium to Full

Limited supply $349 delivered

A review of Top Cubans Experience: This Habanos Edicion Limitada 2011 commemorates the 45th Anniversary of the Cohiba brand, flagship family of Habanos. This cigar is a unique format, Cañonazo Especial, specially selected for this occasion. Available in boxes of ten cigars, these fabulous smokes sport the famous Habanos Edicion Limitada double band. Our first tasting left us in awe. Move over Behike, move over Esplendidos, this new 1966 format is out of this world. Apart from the odd aged classic, I have not tasted a better Cuban cigar ever.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:37 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

That's a good price dude I paid over $400 I haven't smoked one yet but after some rest I am ready.

Post subject: Post Deleted by author
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:59 pm 
I can do CR without a wingman!

Post Deleted by author

Last edited by RoadMn295 on Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:58 pm 

Cohiba Behike 56
Laguito No 6, 6 1/2" x 56

Cohiba Behike, the most exclusive linea of the most prestigious Habanos brand.

Its extremely limited production incorporates for the first time in the blend of its three vitolas and a forth tobacco leaf called "Medio tiempo" that grants it exceptional character and flavor.

Each and every one of Cohiba Behike Habanos also incorporates a band with two holograms for security identification.

The new vitolas will be produced each year in extremely limited quantities due to the natural scarcity of the Medio Tiempo tobacco leaf. It is an excellent choice for the cigar aficionado. However, it is also the most expensive at $69 a stick.
LIMITED TIME 2 FOR ONE

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:01 am 
PHD From Del Rey University!

WiseAsh wrote:
Cohiba Behike 56
Laguito No 6, 6 1/2" x 56

Cohiba Behike, the most exclusive linea of the most prestigious Habanos brand.

Its extremely limited production incorporates for the first time in the blend of its three vitolas and a forth tobacco leaf called "Medio tiempo" that grants it exceptional character and flavor.

Each and every one of Cohiba Behike Habanos also incorporates a band with two holograms for security identification.

The new vitolas will be produced each year in extremely limited quantities due to the natural scarcity of the Medio Tiempo tobacco leaf. It is an excellent choice for the cigar aficionado. However, it is also the most expensive at $69 a stick.
LIMITED TIME 2 FOR ONE

IMHO I have heard only great reviews of what Bruce does best.....knowing & selling cigars! I used to send people to the tobacco shop on 7th street. No longer, I send them directly to the real pro at HLH!

Bill
Sportsmens Lodge

This post is provided purely for entertainment purposes and free of charge on the part of the author. No "Sex tourism or travel" promotion is expressed or implied. The author of this post was not provided any compensation for this hopefully entertaining contribution. Any posts regarding any event or hotel item are just my humble opinions only.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next