www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:56 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:42 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Jackal wrote:
No women is going to get married unless they know they can control the guy. When they say "oh I found Mr. right" it usually means they found a guy with a good income they know they can control, having him slowly take on more of her responsibility so she can start kicking back, that's why they love you to wash dishes, etc. But they have to stay on top of it, keep you always on your feet so to speak, that's what all the nagging and arguing is all about, maintaining control. It gets complicated and there are many different variations and techniques, but basically that's the general idea.

There are a lot of guys I know that don't mind this arrangement, it gives them a purpose in life to work hard for their wife and family, for some it provides the ultimate meaning of life.

You are divorced right? :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:24 pm 
I can do CR without a wingman!

Orange wrote:
Jackal wrote:
No women is going to get married unless they know they can control the guy. When they say "oh I found Mr. right" it usually means they found a guy with a good income they know they can control, having him slowly take on more of her responsibility so she can start kicking back, that's why they love you to wash dishes, etc. But they have to stay on top of it, keep you always on your feet so to speak, that's what all the nagging and arguing is all about, maintaining control. It gets complicated and there are many different variations and techniques, but basically that's the general idea.

There are a lot of guys I know that don't mind this arrangement, it gives them a purpose in life to work hard for their wife and family, for some it provides the ultimate meaning of life.

You are divorced right? :lol:

I can't even imagine what kind of nightmare that would of been, call me cautious but I never married.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 11:36 am 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Any lifelong single (never-married) guys here?

I'm in my early 30s and after several disastrous relationships and break ups, have pretty much decided that I'm done with the idea of marriage. The plan now is to enjoy many mongering trips, save as much as I can, and possibly retire early (by age 50 if possible). At this point, I'd much prefer a "sugar daddy" type of relationship with women from CR or South America where I can cut them off any time and not deal with their BS in the US.

Just wondering how guys who never married have found life to be? Do things get pretty bad/lonely as you get older?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 11:47 am 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Life is usually what you make of it . . . . . unless you inadvertently get hit by a bus.

You're lucky. You've figured out at a young age that marriage is NOT all that it's cracked-up to be.

Stay single. Make a good life for yourself. It's easy to avoid the problems that you worry might plague a single guy.

It's NOT easy to avoid the problems that plague most marriages.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 12:41 pm 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

As one who is in their mid 50's and never married, here a few nuggets of my experience

I do not have any relatives that live near by so having a network of friends both male and female helps, you can have friendships without relationships with women.

Live within your means, build up assets if you want to retire early, a single person does not need a big house. You can't retire early with limited assets while carrying a large mortgage and credit card debt. But don't be so frugal that you can't enjoy life.

Do what ever you can to lead a healthy lifestyle, while it is great to be retired early but if you are unable to enjoy it because you are grossly overweight or can't perform in bed, than you will just have free time on your hands with minimal enjoyment because you will not be appealing to the chicas.

Get a hobby, you can't chase the chicas 24/7.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 1:09 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Flabuck wrote:
As one who is in their mid 50's and never married, here a few nuggets of my experience

I do not have any relatives that live near by so having a network of friends both male and female helps, you can have friendships without relationships with women.

Live within your means, build up assets if you want to retire early, a single person does not need a big house. You can't retire early with limited assets while carrying a large mortgage and credit card debt. But don't be so frugal that you can't enjoy life.

Do what ever you can to lead a healthy lifestyle, while it is great to be retired early but if you are unable to enjoy it because you are grossly overweight or can't perform in bed, than you will just have free time on your hands with minimal enjoyment because you will not be appealing to the chicas.

Get a hobby, you can't chase the chicas 24/7.

Thanks for the advice, this is exactly what I was looking for.

I've been frugal all my life (still renting an 1BR apartment for $700/month, no debt, nicely growing investment/retirement accounts), so that's not a problem. Same with health - I'm not an athlete, but am reasonably healthy.

My family also lives far (~500 miles) away, and several friends have moved out of the area due to work over the years, and while I'm not a super social person, is a slight worry.

Thanks again!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 1:12 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Rac wrote:
Life is usually what you make of it . . . . . unless you inadvertently get hit by a bus.

You're lucky. You've figured out at a young age that marriage is NOT all that it's cracked-up to be.

Stay single. Make a good life for yourself. It's easy to avoid the problems that you worry might plague a single guy.

It's NOT easy to avoid the problems that plague most marriages.

Thanks. While I do think it is possible to end up in a "nice" marriage, I've noticed the odds are too low. Every woman I've dated as been all smiles and lolipops in the beginning, but things always degraded and they would become more nagging, bitchy, and capital intensive (one even "demanded" we got married). Oh yeah, and for whatever reason the amount of sex always went down, I couldn't even phantom what would happen if I had married. :evil:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 1:48 pm 

You stated that you are not very social, do a little self evaluation of your passions. If you like pets,get involved with a pet shelter where you have a great chance to meet and befriend like minded people. Volunteer for an organization, find a cause and support it. Usually there is a relaxed atmosphere where you can meet some new people away from work.

Best of luck.

Big picture view, buy instead of rent if you are in an area you plan on living for years. I understand that all real estate is local but paying rent for the next twenty years and having nothing to show for it opposed to an asset you can sell can be dramatic.This assumes that the cost of renting and owning are similar in your area.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 7:02 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Flabuck wrote:
You stated that you are not very social, do a little self evaluation of your passions. If you like pets,get involved with a pet shelter where you have a great chance to meet and befriend like minded people. Volunteer for an organization, find a cause and support it. Usually there is a relaxed atmosphere where you can meet some new people away from work.

Best of luck.

Big picture view, buy instead of rent if you are in an area you plan on living for years. I understand that all real estate is local but paying rent for the next twenty years and having nothing to show for it opposed to an asset you can sell can be dramatic.This assumes that the cost of renting and owning are similar in your area.

Thanks man. By not social I mean "don't need to constantly be around others", although it's nice to do so once in a while. I'm also close friends with some guys from work.

Regarding rent vs buy, I've ran the numbers a few times. Renting and buying are pretty competitive with one another in my metro area (a large but "not-sexy" city), but a single family home or townhouse would be a minimum 1000 sq ft, which I don't need (my current place is 500 sq ft). So I'd be paying more than double for space I don't really want. I figure I'll be better off renting a small place and investing the savings. So while I won't have equity in a home, I will hopefully have a nice stash of cash that'll grow for decades to come.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 8:40 pm 

Blastoff wrote:

Thanks. While I do think it is possible to end up in a "nice" marriage, I've noticed the odds are too low. Every woman I've dated as been all smiles and lolipops in the beginning, but things always degraded and they would become more nagging, bitchy, and capital intensive (one even "demanded" we got married). Oh yeah, and for whatever reason the amount of sex always went down, I couldn't even phantom what would happen if I had married. :evil:

Dang, I thought I wrote this post!! So I'm not the only one huh?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:01 am 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

budmon44 wrote:
Can some of you please give me advice on this matter. I'm in a spot where I can save up comfortably and retire to Central or South America in the future. I know it's ultimately up to me, but would really appreciate your thoughts and opinions about this crossroads in my life.

Late to the party, but, divorce then-and-there. Don't even think about it. Just do it.

Any half-decent poker player will tell you to fold when the hand can't win, not when you're emotionally comfortable with walking away from "your" share of the pot.

Any quarter-decent investment banker / portofolio manager will tell you to sell out your bad lines asap and let the good ones ride. The longer you wait on a bad line the further costs mount. It's often an exponential, exactly like the compounding interest line.

And eight-decent estate attorney will tell you to close out bad deals early. Your income increases over time, but your wife's share of it stays the same. Getting rid of a nag at 30 will be infinitely cheaper than getting rid of the same nag at 40 -- except she won't stay the same nag over a decade.

Read the RFM threads, and think. What is the difference between a wife you don't like and some self-entitled rando in a different country ?

If you're even vaguely considering divorce, do it, right then ; and then tell the girl exactly what you tell the girl : that you'll see her when you're in town, maybe. If she lives up to your standards it may be worth her while. That's it.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:41 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Random thoughts. I’ve had plenty of women get ready for me or tell their “dates” they’re going home. In reality, she came over to my place and let me bang her a few good times. Funny part is I used to be the date. Until I realized women DO NOT respect that. Women respect a man who has options.

Best advice. Stay single. Don’t marry the witches state side. They’re washed up in this feminist indoctrination bullshit. Actually, feminists did men a favor. It turned perfectly young beautiful women into active little rides at the theme park. I NEVER knew how horny women were until I hit my mid-30’s, and I hear it only gets better as men age. Travel the world and enjoy life.

True story. From the other day. I was sitting at the bar, and this man was there with a female friend he just met. Singing the blues. Always telling how bad his wife is and making everything out to be her fault. I knew he was full of shit, and he went into his WHOLE LIFE STORY. For once in my life, I saw it from the other side and was bored as Phuck and I didn't even talk to the guy. I bet he didn't get laid.