www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:37 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:53 pm 
Just Learning The Gulch!

Hey, can someone please tell what the bus options are from rohermoser to downtown? Im assuming there are buses to the Coca-Cola terminal. I am close the Franklin Chang office and can easily walk to plaza meyor.

Thanks

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:02 pm 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

You can get on almost all the buses heading towards downtown from near Plaza Mayor. If you are adventurous. You can walk up to Channel 7 and hop a bus called Sabana Estadio and it drops you right in front of the Teatro Nacional. At night I suggest this bus and then get on the bus that goes down the boulevard towards Plaza Mayor. Will cost you another 60 cents. But I think it is better than trying to walk to the Coca Cola at night.

the DR

<-------I usually don't take buses, but when I do, I OG them!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 4:37 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Dr.Mario wrote:
You can get on almost all the buses heading towards downtown from near Plaza Mayor. If you are adventurous. You can walk up to Channel 7 and hop a bus called Sabana Estadio and it drops you right in front of the Teatro Nacional. At night I suggest this bus and then get on the bus that goes down the boulevard towards Plaza Mayor. Will cost you another 60 cents. But I think it is better than trying to walk to the Coca Cola at night.

the DR

<-------I usually don't take buses, but when I do, I OG them!!!!

If you value your safety and well being, take a cab after dark. Don't tempt your luck!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 5:27 pm 

I would say most buses are pretty safe. My roomy takes the bus all the time morning, noon, and night up until 8pm. I mean if you look like an obvious mark, then it won't matter because you are a mark either way. But I guess to be really safe. No buses after 8pm. I mean there are so many people still circulating until this hour that you should be fine.

the DR

<------OG....... 8)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:07 pm 
Just Learning The Gulch!

Thanks guys!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:57 pm 

The bus that goes down rohrmoser boulevard is perfectly safe, right up to 840pm when the last one departs coca cola. It is on the Pavas line which has some notoriety for being unsafe because they go to Pavas. But the bad lines, Zona 2 and Lomas don't go down the boulevard. Since there are many embassies and police stations and high end houses on the boulevard, that bus tends to be very safe.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:48 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Jackietrehorn wrote:
The bus that goes down rohrmoser boulevard is perfectly safe, right up to 840pm when the last one departs coca cola. It is on the Pavas line which has some notoriety for being unsafe because they go to Pavas. But the bad lines, Zona 2 and Lomas don't go down the boulevard. Since there are many embassies and police stations and high end houses on the boulevard, that bus tends to be very safe.

Perhaps I gave the wrong impression with my earlier comment.

I did not mean to imply that the bus itself was not safe at night. The inside of the bus mostly likely is safe during the hours it runs. What is clearly risky and not worth the price differential with a cab is the walk to the bus, both in downtown CocaCola (in particular) and in Rohrmoser before you get on or when you get off. For about a $10 cost, do you want to take any chance? I wouldn't. Could be detrimental to your health, at worst and your pocket contents, at best!