www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Tue May 07, 2024 1:43 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Dentists in San Jose?
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:15 pm 
Hey guys,
I am a new member and have never been to CR. My main excuse for going to CR is that I need extensive dental work done. Specifically, I need oral surgery, periodontal surgery and some crowns. I am looking for some recommendations for dentists.

Initially , I had thought of going just across the border to Mexico but after reading this website I now know that my destiny will require me to go to CR!
Besides, the dentist trip is a logical excuse for me to go off to another country without the wife and K*ds.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:19 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

I recommend http://www.dentalmontealegre.com/ I am several of my friend use and like him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 8:20 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Here's one of many recommendations you'll receive.

http://www.costaricaimplants.com/index.php

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:10 am 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Location: NFM--Geezers, cowpokes and the working poor--yeeha!
I personally had excellent work done by Dra. Yalile Sanchez (506) 2227-1835
I caught the reference here and nobody has voiced complaints. Good dentistry/great lady
in Centro Comercial del Sur Local #2 2nd piso (floor)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:49 pm 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

Search the board. There's plenty of info here.

Dr Sergio Chen did 8 crowns for me about 15 months ago that cost about $1,400 total.

Prisma Dental did a couple of implants for me that cost roughly 1/3 of what it costs here in the U.S.

:D

Reviews with Name, Where we can find her, Description (Height, weight, measurements (best guesses will do just fine)), and a rundown on services provided (and yes, YMMV is understood) would be GREATLY appreciated.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:07 pm 
I can do CR without a wingman!

I have seen Dr Yalile Sanchez and also highly recommend her. I got her name from Susi at SL who also set up the appointment for me, I figure if SL recommends her that was good enough for me. She speaks decent English and if there is a problem her brother who is her assistant speaks excellent English. Her prices are tough to beat and she does excellent work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:43 pm 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

new email for Dra. Yalile Sauma Sanchez

yalilesauma@ice.co.cr

DG

ImageImage

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 3:09 pm 

I am not "vouching" for this outfit, but everything reads like it should; they're using state of the art equipment (more modern than MANY offices in the USA...) and it reads well. Too, emails are fast, prompt, and address your questions:

http://dentalinstitutecr.com/

"Each crown is in zirkonia $450 USD. I do pain free work but I do not have nitrous I havent have any patient complain about pain. I will take x rays here in my office since I use digital x rays. If you pay cash there is a 4.75% discount"

from doubting Thomas, Steven1: "That is $450 COMPLETE.....preparation; construction of crown; and fitting? Not familiar with zirkonia....perhaps zirconia? Not porcelain? Is porcelain more expensive?"

"Yes it is all the crown prep temp and final crown. If you need a post and root canal it is extra. Post are betwen $95 and $120 USD and root canal betwen $180 to $250 USD deppending on the tooth it is It is a full porcelain crown made with a sistem call Zirkon Zahn."

http://www.zirkonzahn.com/

Pricing was done in late 2007

"Actual happiness always looks pretty squalid in comparison with the over-compensations for misery. And, of course, stability isn't nearly so spectacular as instability. And being contented has none of the glamour of a good fight against misfortune, none of the picturesqueness of a struggle with temptation, or a fatal overthrow by passion or doubt. Happiness is never grand."
- Aldous Huxley, Brave New World, Ch. 16

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 6:01 pm 
I just had extensive work done by Dr. Anglada at CostaRicaImplants.com.

I was truly impressed by the professionalism of this doctor.

Send me a PM with questions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 6:14 pm 

Howdy Estebanh!

Any rough idea as to costs associated with root canal work and crowns?

BTW: The "Maria" you spent time with called for you and I happened to have been at the desk at the Amistad as the call came in. They gave me the phone and I had no clue what she was going on about! I explained this to her in Espanol, but she insisted we had a date until it finally dawned on her that there was more than one Estebanh! Luckily (it sounds like from your review) for me....it was indeed not this Esteban.....sorry....

See you and J0sie the next time..... :?: :!:

"Actual happiness always looks pretty squalid in comparison with the over-compensations for misery. And, of course, stability isn't nearly so spectacular as instability. And being contented has none of the glamour of a good fight against misfortune, none of the picturesqueness of a struggle with temptation, or a fatal overthrow by passion or doubt. Happiness is never grand."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 7:01 pm 

Location: NFM--Geezers, cowpokes and the working poor--yeeha!
For the dentist mentioned by Brother Estebanh, go here:
www.costaricaimplants.com
for the dentist's cost, go here:
www.costaricaimplants.com/cost.php
Dr. Anglada certainly has an impressive curriculum vitae (school and work history), although that's no guarantee of quality of work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 7:12 pm 

JazzboCR wrote:
For the dentist mentioned by Brother Estebanh, go here:
www.costaricaimplants.com
for the dentist's cost, go here:
www.costaricaimplants.com/cost.php
Dr. Anglada certainly has an impressive curriculum vitae (school and work history), although that's no guarantee of quality of work.

I have never had any work done my Dr.Anglada. I came across him when I was looking for an implant dentist for a friend of mine. After speaking with him I was very impressed and have recommended him to 3 people who have used his services. All 3 were happy with the results and the cost.

alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat.
Alex Levine

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 7:18 pm 

Oh my, JB! Don't I look silly! I thought I had "scoured" the web page for pricing data.....but guess not....although I did look again a 2nd and 3rd time and still don't find the link you posted which does have the pricing.

Lifetime guarantee, too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:41 am 
When I was quoted the prices, he did not break it down on a procedure by procedure basis. He quoted the entire price, then listed what would be accomplished.

To give a a relative idea of the cost savings, I had gotten two quotes here in North Carolina. One quote was for $22,000, another was for $25,000. The same procedures performed by Dr. Anglada was $4900.

I would rate Dr. Anglada as high or higher than either of the two US doctors I saw.

I had three teeth extracted, bone graft and four crowns and periodontal surgery.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:44 am 
Steve1...I also got a call for you. Some guy was responding to an ad on Cragislist for a laptop and was waiting in the lobby. I assume they were looking for you.