www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:52 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: DEpreciation, US Taxes
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:23 am 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

I own and rent a condo in California and a big item that keeps it in the black during a time of declining property values is the depreciation deduction from my US Incomem tax. Can you deduct depreciation for a house or condo rental in CR. My guess is no.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:49 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Mucho Gusto wrote:
Counte Dante wrote:
...I wanted to know if you manage them yourself or do you hire a property management firm?
Landlords that accept DSS

I have a property management company handle all my rentals, grounds and pool maintenance, housekeeping responsibilities, etc. To date, I have been extremely happy with their performance.

Each of my condo's has an escrow account, for all rental funds to be placed. The management company deposits all rental income, then deducts for water, electric, cable, condo fees, repairs, etc. Then, every 3 or 4 months, I'll have them cut me a check from my escrow account(s), and I'll deposit that money into my local CR bank account. Overall, pretty simple. :wink:

Hello there,
Could you share that company details that you are using to maintain your rental properties?
Thanks in advance

Last edited by meithcnul00 on Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:32 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

meithcnul00 wrote:
Mucho Gusto wrote:
Counte Dante wrote:
...I wanted to know if you manage them yourself or do you hire a property management firm?

I have a property management company handle all my rentals, grounds and pool maintenance, housekeeping responsibilities, etc. To date, I have been extremely happy with their performance.

Each of my condo's has an escrow account, for all rental funds to be placed. The management company deposits all rental income, then deducts for water, electric, cable, condo fees, repairs, etc. Then, every 3 or 4 months, I'll have them cut me a check from my escrow account(s), and I'll deposit that money into my local CR bank account. Overall, pretty simple. :wink:

Hello there,
Could you share that company details that you are using to maintain your rental properties?
Thanks in advance

Posted almost 10 years ago...don't expect an answer..

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:36 am 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Hi!
I recently shifted to Coast Rica. I want to buy a property for a single family and my budget is $3000. Can someone suggest me where can I buy it?
Thanks in advance.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:44 am 

cynthia99 wrote:
Hi!
I recently shifted to Coast Rica. I want to buy a property for a single family and my budget is $3000. Can someone suggest me where can I buy it?
Thanks in advance.

Try the Gringo Expats in Costa Rica group on Facebook book.

For $3000 total or a mortgage of $3000 a month? For $3k total you can be a squatter upriver from me. No electricity, running water, cell service, internet, or food except fish and coconuts.

For $3k a month you can live in a gated community in Escazu.

But residency isn't simple or free.

Any opinion or observation in the post above is purely presented for entertainment purposes and does not promote "sexual tourism" or "human trafficking". The laws of Costa Rica apply to all activities in Costa Rica. No warranty is expressed or implied. Void where prohibited by law. Your experience, observations or perspective may be different.

In exile in pu*sy prison

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:39 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Hello there,
When you thinking about selling or buying your house and property the first thing comes to our mind is to hire a real estate agent who deals with properties to buy or selling and help you out. If you want to choose a professional real estate agent, you can ask your friends, relatives or others. Always ask appropriate questions when you hire an agent. Ask them for experience, previous work, talk with previous customers, licensed, availability, charges and much more.
Thanks

Ozark Homes For Sale

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:00 pm 

meithcnul00 wrote:
Hello there,
When you thinking about selling or buying your house and property the first thing comes to our mind is to hire a real estate agent who deals with properties to buy or selling and help you out. If you want to choose a professional real estate agent, you can ask your friends, relatives or others. Always ask appropriate questions when you hire an agent. Ask them for experience, previous work, talk with previous customers, licensed, availability, charges and much more.
Thanks

Ozark Homes For Sale

Not so simple in Costa Rica.... no licensing, no MLS, sharks everywhere. Easy to buy...very hard to sell. Gringo pricing...like I say, easy to buy ...but gringo pricing goes away when you try to sell. So buy at gringo pricing, sell at tico pricing.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:18 pm 

Zeos wrote:
meithcnul00 wrote:
Hello there,
Thanks

Ozark Homes For Sale

Not so simple in Costa Rica.... no licensing, no MLS, sharks everywhere. Easy to buy...very hard to sell. Gringo pricing...like I say, easy to buy ...but gringo pricing goes away when you try to sell. So buy at gringo pricing, sell at tico pricing.

Or maybe the opposite. If some way you could have your tica girlfriend do the negotiating, you might be able to buy at tico prices. This sometimes works with appliance purchases, etc.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:58 pm 

Dude,
I have some really nice property in AK:
https://www.zillow.com/homes/for_sale/L ... rect/8_zm/
You prick I paid 30 K it was worth 5K, let's meet up in SJO ?
No regards,
911 Driver

The happy hour is a device either for getting rid of social obligations hurriedly en masse or for making overtures toward more serious social relationships, as in the etiquette of whoring.- Brooks Atkinson

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:00 pm 

Ozark Phuckin hillbilly,
Hope I see you in SJO!!
911 Driver

The happy hour is a device either for getting rid of social obligations hurriedly en masse or for making overtures toward more serious social relationships, as in the etiquette of whoring.- Brooks Atkinson