www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:59 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Immigration Documents
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:30 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

U.S.Document Retrieval for Immigration

I recently ordered and received a Birth Certificate and FBI Background Check with Apostillies here in Costa Rica. Ordering US Documents is not easy from a distance. However, I ordered the Docs through Outlier Legal Services in the VMG Business Center in Escazu for $250 each.

It is a Costa Rican business so the client needs to take responsibility for contacting the business to find out if the time sensitive documents have arrived. Also, they are not flexible about their system of doing business. They seem to be reluctant to order a State Background Check.

Unfortunately, it takes more time to order a Birth Certificate than an FBI Background Check but they insist on ordering them both at the same time. For whatever reason the Birth Certificate was dated one month after the FBI Report. If you were to order the Birth Certificate first, then go back 4 weeks later, and order the FBI Report then maybe both would be date stamped close to the same date.

If you or your clients need US Documents and are here in Costa Rica this is a very reasonable option. I ordered mine through Dawn Drummer at (506) 2506-3870 and her email is ddrummer@outlierlegal.com.

This is an unsolicited testimonial.

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 10:33 am 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Did you know that there's an EU country where you could simply ask to be a citizen? That country just happens to be Poland.

Under Articles 18 and 19 of the Polish Nationality Act of 2 April 2009 (in Polish), the President of Poland "may grant foreigners Polish citizenship...at the foreigner's request" (może nadać cudzoziemcowi obywatelstwo polskie...następuję na wniosek cudzoziemca). If you really want to become a Polish citizen, you just have to file a request for citizenship (usually done through the wojewoda, or provincial governor, although it is possible to do it personally), and your request will be evaluated accordingly.

Of course, while in theory asking is easy, in practice you'll need to have a good case for why you want to be a citizen. This is done by demonstrating your ties to Poland (economic, social, etc.), showing knowledge of the Polish language, and having a reason for why you're asking for citizenship.

The only person I know who has received citizenship this way was a Filipino-born academic at the Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznań, and that was because she was denied a UK visa on her Philippine passport, which she needed in order to attend an academic conference. However, she had already lived in Poland for four years, so at the suggestion of her colleagues, she wrote to then-President Bronisław Komorowski. She was subsequently granted Polish citizenship.

There is no difference in the citizenship bestowed by the President and citizenship obtained through the normal process of "recognition" (uznanie, basically naturalization). Once you are granted citizenship, you are accorded all the rights and responsibilities of a Polish citizen, as are your descendants. Because Polish law, including the Constitution, prohibits the revocation of someone's citizenship, your citizenship will be permanent and it can't be taken away.

So? Do you really want to be an EU citizen? If you have a good case, Poland would be your easiest bet, as you just have to ask for it.
To granted USA citizenship or anyothers

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 8:33 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

I am The Emperor of The Known World, Dictator for Life, of all known and unknown worlds. I have never heard of this Poland you mention, please, pontificate and enlighten us more. :shock: :shock: :shock:
Regards, 911 Driver

The happy hour is a device either for getting rid of social obligations hurriedly en masse or for making overtures toward more serious social relationships, as in the etiquette of whoring.- Brooks Atkinson