Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:07 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:09 am 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

he is anti-illegal immigration and i like it. Go Trump go

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:32 pm 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

Trump and H.Clinton are both pathological liars. You could add the other Clinton to that too. You all have no idea what either might do and thus certainly have no idea about how it might effect CR. But unless something accidental or unexpected happens Trump is not going to have any effect on CR. If something does happen it won't be because of the intentions of Trump whatever they might be. So I wish people would quit spouting their political angst here because this board is not for that.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:47 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

I hear ya Lomo, most sane post on this thread, they are both douches to the 9th degree. :shock: :shock:
Regards, 911 Driver

The happy hour is a device either for getting rid of social obligations hurriedly en masse or for making overtures toward more serious social relationships, as in the etiquette of whoring.- Brooks Atkinson

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:53 pm 
Rico1040 wrote:
http://qcostarica.com/oscar-arias-on-trump-the-u-s-chose-the-most-ignorant-candidate/

The ex president of costa rica has opined !!!

IMHO this guy is possibly confused. He presided over a country that imposes high import duties, as Bang Bang pointed out, instead of encouraging small manufacturing startups to create jobs in the country. Foreign money pours into Costa Rica to build high rises that sit fairly empty, and the drug problem is getting worse.
The public health system is very crowded, and the infrastructure is riddled with potholes. Illegal immigration from the north is rampant.
Everything Trump has pointed out and proposes to fix, exists right here in CR.

I just don't understand his point of view

High rises in Costa Rica? Are you sure about that? I think you're confusing that with Panama. Last time I checked Costa Ricans are very proud of their one tallest building. Is it the bank or that hotel or whatever it is. You've seen it in room 312. That room overlooks their supposedly tallest building.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:17 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Yosh1234 wrote:
Rico1040 wrote:
http://qcostarica.com/oscar-arias-on-trump-the-u-s-chose-the-most-ignorant-candidate/

The ex president of costa rica has opined !!!

IMHO this guy is possibly confused. He presided over a country that imposes high import duties, as Bang Bang pointed out, instead of encouraging small manufacturing startups to create jobs in the country. Foreign money pours into Costa Rica to build high rises that sit fairly empty, and the drug problem is getting worse.
The public health system is very crowded, and the infrastructure is riddled with potholes. Illegal immigration from the north is rampant.
Everything Trump has pointed out and proposes to fix, exists right here in CR.

I just don't understand his point of view

High rises in Costa Rica? Are you sure about that? I think you're confusing that with Panama. Last time I checked Costa Ricans are very proud of their one tallest building. Is it the bank or that hotel or whatever it is. You've seen it in room 312. That room overlooks their supposedly tallest building.

Yosh, you obviously have not been to Costa Rica in a while! They are building tall buildings (mostly condominiums) faster than I can keep up with. There are twin towers (27-28 floors) in Paseo Colon, a just completed 21 floor condo in San Pedro, and there are 3-4 in the Escazu area that I am sure are well over what use to be the 14 floor max that was set by law . For sure it is not like Miami where there must be at least 50 high rise buildings under construction right now, but the skyline is changing here. Hell from my apartment in the eastern part of San Pedro I can see 7 of the big cranes where tall buildings are under construction right now.

Oh, and most of those condo buildings are sold out very quickly. Rental property is at a premium right now according to the rental industry and rental prices are skyrocketing. I know this to be a fact as I am looking for a new, larger place right now!! A friend and her husband bought a condo in a high rise in the Santa Anna area that will not be finished for another 2 months and it is 90% sold.