www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:24 pm 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

BashfulDwarf wrote:
It clearly is, to any culture based around the family unit.

Ethics is not only about the family unit but ordering societies in general.

BashfulDwarf wrote:
The point to remember is that there is nothing inherently wrong with immorality,

No I`m not going to remember that. The notion of immorality in and of itself involves making value judgments. I do find something inherently wrong with the actions of Hitler and Charles Manson. I`m not on the relativist "you`re truth is your truth, my truth is my truth, leave me the Phuck alone" bandwagon... There are universals though prohibitions on prostitution are not among them. For example it was an integral part of some ancient pagan religions. Another example is the absense of many moral tenants related to private property in Native American cultures.

BashfulDwarf wrote:
and obviously the measure of morality changes with each generation.

Sure that exists as the distinction between conservatism and progress. Some generations have valued courage more than compassion and vica versa though both values existed in each.

To touch on the question at hand, do you believe the hookers are less moral than you? :D

Last edited by Express321 on Sat Sep 17, 2016 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:31 pm 

BashfulDwarf wrote:
Couple that with a woman who has learned the business, and there is no way on gawd's green earth you are going to be able to turn a loose-moraled woman into a high-moraled partner (while you're not there at least).

Wow sounds like a moral judgment to me, so much for something that doesn`t exist... :lol: :P

So what sort of "moraled" person are you when it comes to sex? While we are talking degrees, set up a scale for us... :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 11:12 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

So... moral or not can we agree that looking for love at the HDR is probably not going to work out?

By love I mean the romantic kind, not the 5 min - TLN kind.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

This post is provided purely for entertainment purposes and free of charge on the part of the author. No tourist or travel promotion is expressed or implied. The author of this post was not provided compensation (monetary or otherwise) for this potentially entertaining contribution.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 12:04 am 

hotdogg wrote:
So... moral or not can we agree that looking for love at the HDR is probably not going to work out?

Yep

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TBXO6DMlRs

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 2:03 am 
I can do CR without a wingman!

Way too deep for me! Just enjoy life. Don't over think it.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 2:59 am 

rwelker66 wrote:

Admittedly beyond small doses it`s not a good use of time. These sort of chicken and egg wordplay debates are all over the internet and often involve atheists against theists. There`s no end to it...

I was though compelled to object to any notion that the Johns have some higher moral ground than the hookers. Hogwash. :D

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:48 am 

I don't consider prostitution to be immoral, whether buying or selling. Religious prudes have tried to shame us and feminazis have tried to criminalize us, and I consider THEM to be the immoral scumbags.

I think these girls are capable of "loving" us in a casual sort of way, but if you are expecting some kind of loyal monogamous relationship with them, then you crack me up. :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 12:36 pm 

Express321 wrote:
BashfulDwarf wrote:
It clearly is, to any culture based around the family unit.

Ethics is not only about the family unit but ordering societies in general.

Morality, not ethics. Very different things. Stay on topic.

BashfulDwarf wrote:
The point to remember is that there is nothing inherently wrong with immorality,

No I`m not going to remember that. The notion of immorality in and of itself involves making value judgments. I do find something inherently wrong with the actions of Hitler and Charles Manson. I`m not on the relativist "you`re truth is your truth, my truth is my truth, leave me the Phuck alone" bandwagon... There are universals though prohibitions on prostitution are not among them. For example it was an integral part of some ancient pagan religions. Another example is the absense of many moral tenants related to private property in Native American cultures.

Why is it when someone has a weak argument to make, they feel the need to go over the top with connections to Nazis?? I suggest you look up the word 'inherent' and then practice reading comprehension before posting silliness.

BashfulDwarf wrote:
and obviously the measure of morality changes with each generation.

Sure that exists as the distinction between conservatism and progress. Some generations have valued courage more than compassion and vica versa though both values existed in each.

ok, and ...

To touch on the question at hand, do you believe the hookers are less moral than you? :D

No, quite the opposite. They are trying to benefit others by their actions, whereas you and I seek only to benefit ourselves. However you are probably capable of spinning that in any way necessary to justify your actions.

Mirrors terrify you, don't they?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 12:37 pm 

Express321 wrote:
rwelker66 wrote:

Admittedly beyond small doses it`s not a good use of time. These sort of chicken and egg wordplay debates are all over the internet and often involve atheists against theists. There`s no end to it...

I was though compelled to object to any notion that the Johns have some higher moral ground than the hookers. Hogwash. :D

No one suggested it. That came from your own interpretation.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 12:39 pm 

Mattyice wrote:
I don't consider prostitution to be immoral, whether buying or selling. Religious prudes have tried to shame us and feminazis have tried to criminalize us, and I consider THEM to be the immoral scumbags.

I think these girls are capable of "loving" us in a casual sort of way, but if you are expecting some kind of loyal monogamous relationship with them, then you crack me up. :lol:

Matt, would you permit your wife to whore, since it is not immoral? After all, it's just about the money. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 12:41 pm 

Express321 wrote:
BashfulDwarf wrote:
Couple that with a woman who has learned the business, and there is no way on gawd's green earth you are going to be able to turn a loose-moraled woman into a high-moraled partner (while you're not there at least).

Wow sounds like a moral judgment to me, so much for something that doesn`t exist... :lol: :P

So what sort of "moraled" person are you when it comes to sex? While we are talking degrees, set up a scale for us... :mrgreen:

Wow! You really got offended, didn't you?

Ok, your hookers are different, and so are you. Calm down. You are a paragon of virtue, and a testament to all that follow you. Good work!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 12:53 pm 

BashfulDwarf wrote:
Mattyice wrote:

Matt, would you permit your wife to whore, since it is not immoral? After all, it's just about the money. :mrgreen:

My wife? :lol: I'm probadly too cynical for that.

If you are married, obviously there are other considerations, but this does not change my argument that prostitution by itself is morally acceptable.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 12:59 pm 

Mattyice wrote:
BashfulDwarf wrote:
Mattyice wrote:

My wife? :lol: I'm probadly too cynical for that.

If you are married, obviously there are other considerations, but this does not change my argument that prostitution by itself is morally acceptable.

Bud, Stripping for money is not morally acceptable in the USA, but legal. Things morally acceptable are usually not embarrassing to admit to in public. Not too many moms and dads want to say that their daughter strips in order to pay for college. However, current society doesn't really care much anymore.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 2:05 pm 

BashfulDwarf wrote:
Bud, Stripping for money is not morally acceptable in the USA, but legal. Things morally acceptable are usually not embarrassing to admit to in public. Not too many moms and dads want to say that their daughter strips in order to pay for college. However, current society doesn't really care much anymore.

It's only embarrassing because of people that try to shame it and criminalize it, eg social justice warriors. I don't give a goddamn what those people think is moral. They are usually self righteous liars that act like they are helping others but in reality they are trying to force their beliefs onto others for their own benefit. They are what I consider morally repugnant.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:39 pm 

As I said much earlier in this thread the topics of morality, ethics and legality can be debated endlessly and cannot be resolved by a few sentences in a thread.
For me and for most of the CRT clan i think we consciously or unconsciously have decided that mongering is not immoral and that the providers are giving us a necessary service that is equally not immoral.
Anyway what ever we think about it there is no doubt in my mind that it is extremely enjoyable.
I live by the Hamlet quote below. :D :D :D

There is nothing either good or bad
but thinking makes it so.
HAMLET