www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:57 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:21 am 
Ticas ask me for advice!

It's been said time and time again on this board, that it is a long shot to try and develop a relationship with the ladies from the gulch. As a long time visitor and recent resident, I must admit that I made a few errors in judgment in this regard. Although it is natural to want more from a relationship besides the physical, there are too many cultural and life style differences to overcome.
Having been introduced to a 'nice' one, at HDR, by a resident gringo friend, I make the rookie mistake of thinking this could work. It had all the good signs; she had lived in the states, had grown Ch*ldren, and the chemistry was great. So for five months, we did a lot of things together; dancing, 'dating', inviting the family for barbeques, etc.. and of course a monthly stipend- just to help out.
Well, long story short, the request for more help became greater, and the time spent together because shorter. It became clear that this 'special one' lives a different life than I realized. It is a life of day to day survival, not enough money, very little food in the house, low self esteem, and the reality that appreciation, thinking ahead, planning, and friendships are not in her vocabulary. Added to that, she realized that as she got a little older, it was harder to compete with the young ones. I could not 'take the jungle out of the lion'. The reality that if she was nicer to me things would be better never dawned on her. Instead she bites the hand that fed her.
To sum it all up, I have learned that p4p is one thing, but unless they have a job and something going on in their life, don't get too close.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 12:07 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

We've all learned that lesson in our own version of your experience.

A friendship can certainly be build under ideal circumstances, but the odds are heavily against when the two parties exist and have been molded by such different backgrounds and circumstances....good luck to those who try :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 12:24 pm 

No different from non-working-girl relationships.

It's different in the US, where our current-day system empowers females to succeed to independence. Central/South American countries are far behind this and traditional roles for males are still the provider, and head of house. Of course these women expect you to provide for them, and part of the allure of the gringo is that we come from a 'culture' where providing for a family is easy.

The 'real' issue here is trying to maintain a long-distance-relationship, which is rarely feasible. Couple that with a woman who has learned the business, and there is no way on gawd's green earth you are going to be able to turn a loose-moraled woman into a high-moraled partner (while you're not there at least).

With a non-working girl, it's the same issue, except that she may not make money off of her chosen partners. She may simply do it for 'love', or to not be lonely (again, while you're not there).

The gist of the thread is correct, but it isn't just hookers that have "the jungle" in them. Once you step up and show a chica 'love', then you'd better stay there to guard your treasure, or else she'll be sharing it out for love or money!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 3:03 pm 

BD its interesting that you call the girls who sell their bodies for money "loose moraled "
Then we who pay them are also "loose moraled" too. :oops: :oops: :oops:
I do not cosider myself "loose moraled". Do you :?: :?: :?:
After all "What is good for the goose is good for the gander" :D :D :D

There is nothing either good or bad
but thinking makes it so.
HAMLET

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 3:16 pm 

Isra123 wrote:
BD its interesting that you call the girls who sell their bodies for money "loose moraled "

Good one, Isra. A 'john' with morals!!! heheheh! What exactly does that mean, you don't kill her during sex??? :mrgreen:

Don't buy into the illusion that we are helping these girls. We are helping ourselves and nothing more.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 4:41 pm 

BashfulDwarf wrote:
Isra123 wrote:

Good one, Isra. A 'john' with morals!!! heheheh! What exactly does that mean, you don't kill her during sex??? :mrgreen:

Don't buy into the illusion that we are helping these girls. We are helping ourselves and nothing more.

They are helping themselves to what they think they need, and in some cases what they think they deserve. What we may see as fraud they might see as totally justified.

In any case... if you are willing to give/send money they are not going to stop taking it...even if they are back with their hubby/boyfriend, even if they have come to realize you are not a keeper...whatever. They cannot stop taking if you do not stop giving. No matter how honest they might be, or see themselves. If you are regularly hungry, and cannot always provide food for your Ch*ldren, and/or you grew up that way... the money cannot be resisted. And money for sex is for the most part easy money compared to other work they might qualify for.

So realize (I didn't really get it until it cost me a lot) that if a woman is willing to exchange sex for money there is no real limit to the deception and lying that will happen with any relationship with her. Perhaps the same for the reverse...a relationship with a monger. Anyway... if the woman is much younger than you and you met her in a pay for play scene... don't fall in love. It will not work out. 99/100 or perhaps 999/1000.... I don't know. But I'll make the bet any time.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 4:55 pm 

Isra123 wrote:

Why do you say that? I think selling your body is a lot less "moral" than buying.

I'm just questioning your statement that buyers are a morally loose as sellers. I'm not judging hookers (I never have) for what they do since they need to feed their families so they do what they can. But as for the level of morality, I think it takes a person with looser morality to sell themselves than it does to buy.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 6:31 pm 

Defining morality and moral behaviour is quite a philosophical discussion that I do not feel capable of.
I see your point about the degree or level of moral behaviour.
To understand your point better I think you are saying in effect a thief is morally looser than a person who buys stolen goods. Right :?: :?: :idea: :idea: :idea:

HAMLET

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 6:35 pm 

Lions don't actually live in the jungle, at least not in the strictest modern definition of jungle.

https://m.reddit.com/r/explainlikeimfiv ... jungle_if/

Still, the anaolgy holds. Taking something out of it's usual habitat will often lead to problems.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

This post is provided purely for entertainment purposes and free of charge on the part of the author. No tourist or travel promotion is expressed or implied. The author of this post was not provided compensation (monetary or otherwise) for this potentially entertaining contribution.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 2:30 pm 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

I have loose morals AND I like to help the Ladies! :mrgreen: :wink:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 7:16 pm 

Isra123 wrote:
Defining morality and moral behaviour is quite a philosophical discussion that I do not feel capable of.
To understand your point better I think you are saying in effect a thief is morally looser than a person who buys stolen goods. Right :?: :?: :idea: :idea: :idea:

spot on

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 8:44 pm 

Isra123 wrote:

This analogy never gets off the ground because no one is stealing anything. Quite the opposite... :P I do though find it laughable the Johns who look down their noses at the hookers. That especially applies to the guys out cheating on their wives without their knowledge or against their wishes... :lol: :roll:

Many would argue that the John is less moral when he is operating from a position of superior economic strength, so depending on perspective one can approach this from a number of angles depending on who is trying to make themselves feel better about what they are doing, or whatever other agenda may be on the table.

As to "selling oneself," there`s nothing out there more common. Factory workers, auto mechanics, and the like sell their bodies for sustenance and later pay with chronic pain. Businessmen, lawyers, salesmen and such look others in the eye and lie to pay for their needs and lusts. Political pundits get on TV and hammer one side while refusing to acknowledge valid points from the other side, no matter the proof that is offered. These are prostitutes selling themselves.

Sadly the same applies to the fast food worker that trades out their dignity when they eat an arrogant manager`s shit to keep their paycheck and avoid a bad reference. Yea, philosophical stuff that has already filled many books but to sum it up, your typical John is no more moral, no better, has nothing over the girl who services him. Best left completely off the table for obvious reasons... :D

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 9:03 pm 

You are right that the analogy is not quite correct.
I was referring to the degree or levels or gradations of morality that was brought up.
I tend to agree with your opinion about both girl and john being equally immoral or having the same level of morality but again the subject is better debated in conversation.

HAMLET

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 9:19 pm 

Isra123 wrote:
You are right that the analogy is not quite correct.
I was referring to the degree or levels or gradations of morality that was brought up.
I tend to agree with your opinion about both girl and john being equally immoral or having the same level of morality but again the subject is better debated in conversation.

It raises a ton a questions, including cross-cultural definitions of morality and situational ethics. Just Google "Is Prostitution Immoral" and you`ll find loads discussion. Though the one here led with the assumption that it is... Then once over that hurdle, if one gets over it, then one can try and decide if the John is more moral than the hooker or vica versa, and what if any contributing factors come into play. I`ve stated my view. :D

Both have rationales for their behavior btw, generally speaking. The chicas are feeding families and the Johns are running from a repressed culture run by femi-nazis...

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 9:50 pm 

Express321 wrote:
... Just Google "Is Prostitution Immoral" and you`ll find loads discussion.....

It clearly is, to any culture based around the family unit. The point to remember is that there is nothing inherently wrong with immorality, and obviously the measure of morality changes with each generation.