www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:51 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: success stories?
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 3:34 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Just an update on my situation. Into the 3rd year now and I have to say I am really surprised at where we are now. There have been bumps and there have been people trying to sabotage the relationship but both of us are extremely happy. Could things be better sure, but mostly that stems from having to live on a tighter budget and adjust and my still having to live in the USA for income. The one thing that is different from my past relationships is there is no lying, even if it is horrible it gets brought out into the open, and it usually turns out that it is not as horrible as the person was thinking. The biggest thing is that she has chosen to distance herself from her friends that were toxic, and it was totally her choice. she is a pretty good judge of character and if someone displays traits she does not agree with she distances herself from that person. She has made sacrifices for our relationship, that she has done on her own accord, and it has impressed me beyond belief. I feel that you cannot and should not, try and mold someone to what you like. On my end I have not misrepresented anything about my life to her, and I have to say not having to put up a front for someone is very liberating and makes for a lot less stress. So in closing we are both looking forward to many years of being together.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 3:42 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Pops wrote:
This relationship is a success.

Congrats Pops! You have hit the lottery.

I never would have imagined after meeting you on my second trip many years ago that I would have found a woman in Costa Rica that is like my female twin in the way we think. I have to say that the three most important factors for our success has to be honesty, respect, being non judgemental of what the other has done in the past. From the initial day you meet, that is when the clock starts ticking and you have to own up to the choices you make to the other person. Anything prior should not have an impact unless one of you is a criminal.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 4:59 pm 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

Sounds great bro. But do yourself a huge SOLID and read all of the horror stories before you get too deep :lol: