www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:57 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: success stories?
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:55 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

All relationship is temporary. The key is to be happy in it, or to get out when the gettin's good.

Yeah, I ain't got no success story yet. But I'm workin on it. :roll:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:28 am 

^ well put bravo llv4play

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 8:00 pm 

Appreciate all the responses....thank you. The one about defining success was particularly good....one can have a successful relationship even if it does not last forever.

There are a lot of voices that say they have never seen a successful relationship between gringo/foreigner and a local sex worker. Because they always say "just wait" if something is working now...."just wait...it will fail". Using that logic of course there are no success stories.

I am at the beginning of a relationship. So far very honest, very straight up. I like that. Hoping it is the real thing. So yes, time will tell.

Thanks again everyone....will be back soon and look some of you up.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 8:05 pm 

CaptainCohiba wrote:
A couple of items:

1. What defines success?
Relationships most probably will fail(this isn't our parents or grandparents generation where it lasted forever). But that doesn't define it as successful or not. Wether it lasts 1 year or 20 years.....how was it? were you both happy? satisfied? Did you share experiences that you would only want to share with that person at that moment? Etc. Knowing that and the relationship will most likely be finite, will guarantee it is a "success." Wether you have 1, 2, 5, or 20 such relations in your lifetime without going nuclear on the other, you have been successful and enjoyed the fruits of life.

2. What other relationship is more honest?
You know what she has done in desperate times(wether it be once to pay a bill or a lifetime) and she knows the kind of places you have frequented and the activities you partook. With that out of the way, no need to act saintly or keep up appearances. Of course, still be a gentleman and leave it at that. Acknowledge once and never discuss it again if you both decide to move forward in a committed relationship. No need to make her feel(or remind) her what she did.
And the same for you. Think about, if a gringa knew you inhabited such places, you would never hear the end of it :lol:

Mi dos centavos on a popular & topical subject.

Exactly on number 2 point....Exactly. I got into this sort of mood where I thought we both needed to say we were sorry. A simple statement put it in context....I did what I had to do to feed my Ch*ldren....it is in the past...why should I apologize to you. She was right...I was the only one with a need to apologize...I did...and its done.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 4:02 pm 

Zeos wrote:
CaptainCohiba wrote:
2. What other relationship is more honest?
You know what she has done in desperate times(wether it be once to pay a bill or a lifetime) and she knows the kind of places you have frequented and the activities you partook. With that out of the way, no need to act saintly or keep up appearances. Of course, still be a gentleman and leave it at that. Acknowledge once and never discuss it again if you both decide to move forward in a committed relationship. No need to make her feel(or remind) her what she did.
And the same for you. Think about, if a gringa knew you inhabited such places, you would never hear the end of it :lol:

Exactly on number 2 point....Exactly. I got into this sort of mood where I thought we both needed to say we were sorry. A simple statement put it in context....I did what I had to do to feed my Ch*ldren....it is in the past...why should I apologize to you. She was right...I was the only one with a need to apologize...I did...and its done.

The 'job' doesn't define all of these girls, though there are a few voices on this board that would quickly disagree.

The 'hobby' DOES, indeed define us. But that is a different thing altogether.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 4:09 am 

I have always looked at the dynamics of getting into bed with a woman from the point of; if I were to take a girl out in the States I would have to buy dinner at least once, maybe 3 times, spend painful time talking and getting to know her, yet be kept wondering if she would be rock my boat or be the typical passionless gringa that gives it up because she feels obligated. I see nothing wrong with giving the cash to a woman that I would have spent on a date, in order to get the knowledge I desire. Not once that I can remember did I ever treat one of these woman as if I was better than them, or that they were not worthy of my company. Until someone gives me a reason to dislike them, or have a negative opinion about them, I consider everyone on a level playing field, this goes for men as well. In my eyes a persons character is not defined by wealth, nationality, religion or looks, it is defined as how you treat those around you. You can be in the top 1% but that does not give you carte blanche to act like a dick to your waiter, chauffeur, stewardess or whomever. Everyone takes a shit the same way and just because you might be smarter, better looking or have more money, does not make it ok to be an ass. Everyone has to take a shit and everyone needs to wipe their ass. Being a good person is not dictated by your heritage or your wealth, but how you treat others and the compassion you have.

I cannot count how many of the women that I have been with over the years have wanted to repeat with me or just hang out if I was at the bar and not interested in going back to the room with them. A lot of them would spend the night with me because after spending some time talking and hanging with me they knew I would make them feel comfortable and safe and not be a creep. I know my way of doing things is a lot different than most of the guys here and what works for you is important. I tend to be more into making sure my partner is enjoying herself and I want her to get her rocks off before turning the attention to me. I found this approach would get me farther than if I would have approached her with a shopping list of things I wanted to do in bed. Once a woman is turned on, it is very easy to steer her into the direction you want to go. The only thing that I would make sure they knew before leaving and heading off to the room, was that we would be a few hours and that she had better be ready for multiples because I wanted to see how many times I could get her off.

Anyway back to the topic, not all of the girls out there are hardcore putas, and even some of the ones that are, if you can get them to forget about the clock, and get into the moment, they might surprise you. I do know a few though that should be in politics because all they know how to do is Phuck people over for their gain. That being said whatever makes you happy is what you need to do and who gives a shit what other people think as long as you are not hurting anyone.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 4:31 pm 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

Zeos wrote:
Wondering if the success stories (assuming there are some) do not appear on boards like this because anyone who has a successful relationship will no longer be posting on this board.

Don't know about everyone else but I am on my second Tica wife. We have been together for 5 1/2 year and married for 1 year. We have a 3 1/2 year old son together and I have 2 step sons. We have our troubles sometime but most or the time, we are a very happy family. I love being able to spend quality time with them, doing new things. Worked out well for me.

Add a little spice to you life.This post is provided purely for entertainment purposes and free of charge on the part of the author. No "Sex tourism or travel" promotion is expressed or implied. The author of this post was not provided any compensation for this hopefully entertaining contribution. Any posts regarding any event or hotel item are just my humble opinions only.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:23 pm 

I do not have a success story with a working gal. But, I have a success story with a non-working gal in CR. We are married and have 3 K*ds. It definitely was not an easy ride - clash of cultures. But, we are still together.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 12:59 pm 

Success = not
Another scam = yes

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 2:03 pm 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

Hey

Hey Zeos, I take it that your situation did not work out. Sorry to hear it. We talked before, PM, remember?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:47 pm 

After a 4 year relationship with part time working girl, I have been dating girls that have never worked.

Wow, what a difference. Refreshing. It's so many little things. So appreciative of everything.

I love working girls. But would not have a relationship with one again.

* RENT but, "Don't Buy a Home in Costa Rica" until you have lived here for THREE years.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 9:57 pm 

It takes a certain kind of man to tame the beast... not for everybody. :lol: But it depends even more on the girl. In order to change, the working girl must actually want to change, not be forced into it. Too many are beyond repair because they get caught up in the easy money and 24 hour party and that's all they are interested in, and think it will continue, while the gringo thinks he can change her when she comes to the states. The biggest obstacle in cross-cultural relationships is expectations. This applies to working girls and non. If she expects (due to promises gringo makes) to come to the US and lay on her ass all day, she may be in for a rude awakening when she realizes that she has to get a job. In CR, they get wined and dined every day and life is good, but back in the good ole US, it's a grind for most people. Laundry? Cooking?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:10 pm 
I can do CR without a wingman!

Ilv4play wrote:
I met a girl last year in CR and have not been with anyone since. I made 7 trips back to see her in the year and honestly it was something neither of us wanted, or thought would ever happen. I had no desire to ever get into a cohabitating relationship ever again but this has been an incredible year. If I took all of the good things I liked about all of the women I ever dated this woman possesses all of them and then some. Our relationship is truly transparent and from the beginning has been based on mutual trust and respect. I have the passwords to her phone, facebook and email accounts and she has access to mine. I know about her darkest secrets and choices she made that she was not proud of and she knows about my past as well. There are no games from either side and it is an amazingly balanced relationship. I have met plenty of lying cheating women in both the states and others in CR, but all I can say is we both knew it from the start that this was different and we both needed to open the door for the other. I have never been as happy in my life as I am now and I have the knowledge from past mistakes to not Phuck this one up........

Ilv4play wrote:
For me what matters is from the day we met and those moving forward. I know I have not been a prince all my life, but finding someone that makes you want to be a better person, is a life changing experience. I will say she has made some very significant choices, all of which I did not ask her to make, and I have changed some habits as well. Her decision to quit smoking was huge because she committed to it, and stuck with it which I am very proud of her for. She voluntarily lost friends that she knew were toxic and sends me any messages that come from people from her past so I know what is being said. I do the same for her. It seems like the culture of Costa Rica thrives on wanting to prevent people from making a better life for themselves and deciding you want to give up any connections to that past because of a new person in your life is a very big decision. The past is something that cannot be changed but the future has a whole new set of choices and opportunities. It is a time to start with a clean slate and if you are smart enough to learn from past mistakes or decisions that did not quite go the way you wanted them to, then you are ahead of the curve and are using the tools available to build a better life. I have found a happiness that I never would have imagined existed, and prior to meeting this woman I thought I was very happy. Anyway whatever your feelings are on the subject, the bottom line is you are the one that is responsible for your happiness. If you are not happy in your life figure out why and make the changes required and give yourself a new lease on life.

Ilv4play wrote:
I have always looked at the dynamics of getting into bed with a woman from the point of; if I were to take a girl out in the States I would have to buy dinner at least once, maybe 3 times, spend painful time talking and getting to know her, yet be kept wondering if she would be rock my boat or be the typical passionless gringa that gives it up because she feels obligated. I see nothing wrong with giving the cash to a woman that I would have spent on a date, in order to get the knowledge I desire. Not once that I can remember did I ever treat one of these woman as if I was better than them, or that they were not worthy of my company. Until someone gives me a reason to dislike them, or have a negative opinion about them, I consider everyone on a level playing field, this goes for men as well. In my eyes a persons character is not defined by wealth, nationality, religion or looks, it is defined as how you treat those around you. You can be in the top 1% but that does not give you carte blanche to act like a dick to your waiter, chauffeur, stewardess or whomever. Everyone takes a shit the same way and just because you might be smarter, better looking or have more money, does not make it ok to be an ass. Everyone has to take a shit and everyone needs to wipe their ass. Being a good person is not dictated by your heritage or your wealth, but how you treat others and the compassion you have.

I cannot count how many of the women that I have been with over the years have wanted to repeat with me or just hang out if I was at the bar and not interested in going back to the room with them. A lot of them would spend the night with me because after spending some time talking and hanging with me they knew I would make them feel comfortable and safe and not be a creep. I know my way of doing things is a lot different than most of the guys here and what works for you is important. I tend to be more into making sure my partner is enjoying herself and I want her to get her rocks off before turning the attention to me. I found this approach would get me farther than if I would have approached her with a shopping list of things I wanted to do in bed. Once a woman is turned on, it is very easy to steer her into the direction you want to go. The only thing that I would make sure they knew before leaving and heading off to the room, was that we would be a few hours and that she had better be ready for multiples because I wanted to see how many times I could get her off.

Anyway back to the topic, not all of the girls out there are hardcore putas, and even some of the ones that are, if you can get them to forget about the clock, and get into the moment, they might surprise you. I do know a few though that should be in politics because all they know how to do is Phuck people over for their gain. That being said whatever makes you happy is what you need to do and who gives a shit what other people think as long as you are not hurting anyone.

^ These are powerful words... Wisdom and lessons that can only be learned from living life and learning from past mistakes. Good for you Ilv4play! Thanks for posting, I enjoyed reading it. Pura Vida!

• Have Fun!
  • No Drama!!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 11:26 pm 

I have a success story, too.

It's been a wonderful 3 weeks so far. :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 3:04 pm 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

Been with my Tica for almost ten years now. She is a ten in looks and off the chart in bed. We have our share of disagreements but we work them out. She knows I monger and I don't worry about what she does when we are not together. There is no jealousy over this. What makes our relationship work are the three K*ds in the house. She needs me to help her with them. I need them to feel that the rest of my life has meaning. Yesterday we went to the pool where the K*ds are rapidly gaining confidence in their swimming ability. My youngest who is a Mama's boy graduated from the K*ds pool to the full Olympic sized pool this week and was proudly showing off his new skills. Later I took two of them to soccer practice where my oldest son who is small for his age gave it his all among K*ds older and bigger. He is small but fast, quick and has heart. My niece was there for her second practice. At eleven years old she is rapidly approaching puberty. This is the first time I have experienced having a young lady growing up in the house. I had two sons in my first marriage and have two with my current wife. Getting to experience having a daughter, which she feels like to me is a special thing for any father. The laughs and smiles we experienced yesterday as a family are priceless. This relationship is a success.