www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 290 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 20  Next
 Post subject: Post Deleted by author
PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 2:39 am 
I can do CR without a wingman!

Post Deleted by author

Last edited by RoadMn295 on Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 10:47 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

BangBang57 wrote:
These chicas are not nearly as dumb nor stupid as we would sometimes like to think. Sending RFMs is a common practice and is openly discussed among the chicas. Common assumption is if they send 50 and get one positive reply , it was worth it. They also know that most of us do not like getting RFMs so they try to make them as serious and convincing as possible, and if you reply with a no, and especially with a reason why the "no" you will almost always get a reply telling you they are sorry.

One of my regulars just told me she had sent a request for a $50 Xmas "gift" to every guy she had contact info on. I asked her if she had sent me one! No, because I was not just a customer; but also a friend, and she knew not to send one to me!! I told her to be careful because guys did not like getting them and she would likely lose some clients because of sending them, She replied that yes she knew it was a risk but she really needed the money. What more could I say!!!

This would not be a problem if it were not for the fact that a lot of guys must fall into the trap and send money. If no one sent money they would soon stop asking!! I say "a lot of guys send money" because of it having become such a widespread activity. It seems almost every chica I know now does it.

+1

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:35 pm 

Rac
I believe you.
Great to hear you are on good terms. This Chica wants to remain on very very good terms, since after she wrote to say sorry she has sent me about ten chatty emails, as if it never happened. As the thread indicates, this is just standard operating procedure. If you say no, it does not affect anything at all. Like it never happened.
So my question is, who is sending money? Seems like it would have to be guys who do not read CRT or this thread. :oops:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:05 pm 

batinthecity wrote:
Rac
I believe you.
Great to hear you are on good terms. This Chica wants to remain on very very good terms, since after she wrote to say sorry she has sent me about ten chatty emails, as if it never happened. As the thread indicates, this is just standard operating procedure. If you say no, it does not affect anything at all. Like it never happened.
So my question is, who is sending money? Seems like it would have to be guys who do not read CRT or this thread. :oops:

You would be surprised how many guys will be reading this thread while getting ready to run down to the Western union office to send that "poor lil chica" some money (almost always $300)! The old "Mine is different" syndrom!!!

Last edited by BangBang57 on Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:32 pm 

I suppose.......for some guys (not me) , money is not that important an issue.

They probably send money to stroke their own egos as much as to help a hard working girl.

More power to them and to the girls..........because it doesn't affect me at all.

Post subject: Post Deleted by author
PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:44 am 

Post Deleted by author

Last edited by RoadMn295 on Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:25 am 

RoadMn295 wrote:
BangBang57 wrote:
batinthecity wrote:
Rac
...So my question is, who is sending money?...

You would be surprised …

Bat,

When I read your question I said to myself "you'd be surprised who", then I read BangBang's comment.

I am continually surprised to hear a guy tell me he's sending a girl (or has sent a girl) considerable amounts of money and/or expensive items. (one guy told me he bought a girl a hours years ago). What can really surprise me is that it is often long time veterans telling me this. Some are active here, some are not. Doesn't matter.

Let me be very clear here: I do not judge them for this. I hear them, I understand, I get what they are telling me, and I respect them for their choices.

I read guys here saying "well, he's just doing it to stroke his own ego". I have never seen it this way. I've not heard one man tell me he did or does this because it makes him feel important, or superior, or puts him in a position of power.

They do it because they care.

Seems like most of the stories I hear in this vein end up badly; she just asks for more, doesn't deliver on promises, etc., etc., etc. I cannot change that. But what I can do is listen, understand, feel for the guy, and HEAR what he's saying to me.

This hobby is not for the feint of heart. It will smack the fucck out of you at any given moment. When our emotions are involved, the need to be wanted/appreciated/loved, we open ourselves to manipulation.

As we process this somewhat light-hearted discussion about the ubiquitous RFM, let's remember there are real human beings on both ends of this deal. Often they are very intelligent people and know what the fucck is going on.

This thread is a good way to shed light on the problem, but please respect the humans involved. All you have to do is talk to guys about it…listen to them (not here…in person).

Also, I've never tried to talk a guy out of it; they usually understand what's going on, or how they got sucked into it, and some of them are guys who post on CRT warning against things such as RFMs so there's little I could tell them anyway.

As with so many other things on CRT, there's what is said here, and then there is what is actually done there.

+1000
Extremely well said my friend!!!!!

I know a Wallstreet lawyer who sent a chica $2500 in a 10 day period. When she did not even bother to pay her phone bill with part of that money and her phone service was cut off, he could not call her. Boy was he pissed, and no more money!! I do not fault him--it is his money, he can afford it ($2500 to him is like $25 dollars to me) It is all relative!!! As I said earlier, RFMs have become a part of the business to many of the chicas (BECAUSE IT WORKS)..And as I have always said, "more power to them"(the chicas); the more others pay and give them, the less they need from me :wink: :P , and I am a "chinsy old fart"!!! :twisted: What bothers me is when I hear stories like the one of an older guy living off SS (like me) and sending a chica half what he gets every month (so she will not work!). He often does not have money for food and she is still "working"!! :evil:

I do not fault the chicas; they are kind of like the professional athlete--their career is short and they need to make as much money as possible in a short time. I do not fault the guys who send money--As long as they can afford it and are at least half way aware of what they are doing and why; so what, it is their money to do with as they wish!! I do fault guys who get trapped into sending more than they can afford. Not wise on a lot of fronts!!!!! But again, it is their money so who am I to say it is right or wrong!!!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:28 am 

+1

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:00 am 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

I saw an episode of "The Andy Griffith Show," where Sherriff Taylor was telling Oppie,"An honest man will never ask you for money. They will do without before they ask you for money." These girls are not doing without. They aren't starving and they are sending you an RFM from a smartphone better than yours.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:20 am 

For me it is important to decline the RFMs in a respectful manner to my favoritas, otherwise the bad vibes get in the way. Kinda like that old Righteous Brothers song, "You Lost That Loving Feeling"! YO!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:25 pm 

A friend of mine sent $100.00 to a chic there because she told him her mother was sick. Whaaaat?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:00 pm 

Rac wrote:
I suppose.......for some guys (not me) , money is not that important an issue.

They probably send money to stroke their own egos as much as to help a hard working girl.

More power to them and to the girls..........because it doesn't affect me at all.

I'm not so sure it doesn't affect the rest of us. What happens to a K*D that gets everything they ask for without earning it? They get SPOILED!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:51 pm 

It might affect you if you ALLOW it to.

I don't deal with "spoiled" chicas.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 12:30 pm 

Rolleratnight wrote:
I saw an episode of "The Andy Griffith Show," where Sherriff Taylor was telling Oppie,"An honest man will never ask you for money. They will do without before they ask you for money." These girls are not doing without. They aren't starving and they are sending you an RFM from a smartphone better than yours.

Very possibly - the one that really galled me was asking $$$ to pay a phone bill, then not paying it - I get they live for the moment, and really had no role models to teach them positive money management skills, but stupid is stupid.

I believe that what someone else does will not effect me, except to embolden the gilr(s) to offer more in the way of bad behavior - why ask $100 - b/c some dopes pay it - why send a RFM - b/c some respond with money - and you are likely not even in an elite minority - they often do a blast to every limp dick they have contact info for (which is why I council take theirs, but don't give them yours - but wtf do I know......) with the same dumb BS story. (the Ch*ld is sick, the grandmother is sick, they can't pay the rent b/c she is "trying" to stay away from the HDR, someone stole her wallet, she was robbed - I could go on, just know the following:

Unlike others, I don't read a lot into an RFM, and while I've never received one - b/c I follow my own advice above regarding giving out contact info :wink: ) it would not be the end of the world if I did -I just would not send any money - period.

You can't change a culture and the whole P4P thing is somewhat surreal anyway

"Well, if she respected you, she would not have sent an RFM......" Sorry, nonsense - you are on her "downline" and along with 5, 10, 15, 20 or more others, you get one - reading more into it is, IMO, foolish - trying to read logic into those who none applies is crazy.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 11:47 am 

If I remember correctly, I got 2 RFM's after my first trip, one I responded with stuff like "why are you sending me this? i thought you were different...blah blah blah" and the other I just ignored. I don't remember how the first one turned out but the second (that I ignored) was never mentioned again in person or email and it didn't change anything except that she never sent one again. There's no reason to even respond to it. Silence speaks volumes.

The bottom line is that they hope that one or two guys are stupid enough to send money, but they don't expect it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 290 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 20  Next