www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:09 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 6:46 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

I thought you all could learn from my experience. To provide context, I have travelled to CR as a tourist for over 2.5 years. The last year I have been living here, full-time, with the exception of business travel. So, I'm not a seasoned veteran, but certainly am not ignorant in many aspects of travelling and living in CR.

That said, I'm not as brave as some on this board and WOULD NEVER DATE A PROSTITUTE longer than a few hours. I don't care if they are so-called retired or semi-pros.

So, I met a gal in my hood have been pretty much dating the same girl since October of last year. It has almost been a year. Well... there have been some rough times and a couple of breakups, but we are still together. Let me also provide context by saying that SHE IS NOT OR NEVER HAS BEEN A HOOKER. I met her under totally different circumstances in Escazu.

I've recently seen the light and now understand how her wheels spin. Or, at least a few of them.

She has a few upsides, but many, many downsides. The thing that bothers me most is her maturity level and stubborness. She has good days and bad days. When she is bad, it is kind of like dragging around a bitching, crying 14 year old girl with a bad attitude. Its almost embarassing. Especially, since she is turning 25 very shortly.

I recently adopted a Rottweiller puppy who is 3 months old and have been studying like crazy to figure out how to raise this thing properly. She is a train wreck. She has demolished just about everything in the house. Her recent conquest - she is starting to literally "eat" the water heater appliance in my back room... which is where she goes when she is bad.

That said, the puppy is slowly getting better and learning. She now knows that it is bad to shit all over the house and chew on shoes, furniture and the like. Well on her bad days, she sort of forgets about this, but she is getting much better.

The most important thing I've learned in puppy training, is to not scold bad behavior, but ignore it. The puppy is just being bad, because it wants attention. So, when she takes a lake-sized piss, in front of me, on the living room carpet, scolding only reinforces that bad behavior. What I do now, is I pick her up, don't say a thing, and place her in the back room with the lights off. She cries at first. I don't give in. I wait till she is quiet and I let her out, after the place is clean. (This way she doesn't see me cleaning her shit, so again, I'm not re-enforcing bad behavior, by giving her extra attention.

Going back to my novia... She too, has good days and bad days. I decided to try some puppy training on her. :roll: :lol: :shock:

The same concept WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How do I spell Hale - phucking- lujeh!!!!! My old strategy of reacting with anger and disbelief at all of her stupid bullshit NEVER WORKS!!!! It just makes her more angry and defensive and I suddenly find myself trying dig out of a 10 foot hole filled with vomit, piss and shit... with a broken shovel. I never win using this method. My new strategy of ignore the bad, and reward the good (thanks to my puppy training books) really phucking works!!!!

For example, I needed to by a new pair of running shoes badly. Mine were completely worthless and falling apart. Bad for the knees and ankles... you get the point. Also, the puppy (not the human form, but the dog form) had been chewing on them, to a point of non-recognition. They looked like a shredded mass of fabric glued together on a sole of rotted chewing gum.

When I told my novia, I was going out to buy a new pair of running shoes, her eyes opened wide, she started foaming at the month, her ears perked up and her tail rose sharply and began pointing stiffly westward at the Escazu Multi-Plaza. (HINT... HINT... HINT.... "Daddy... I want to go shopping." :? :cry:)

I reluctantly said that I have one purpose and only one - I'm going to buy a much needed pair of running shoes. I will be in and out in 20 minutes and I'm only buying on thing. (My doctor would kill me if he knew I was running on an old pair wooden planks.) She seemed to understand and went to get dressed. Leaving the house, I observed that both puppies were wagging their tails like crazy when I said "Come on - it's time to go for "car ride." :lol: :lol: :lol: wag, wag, wiggle, wiggle we are all in the car and heading for the Multi-Plaza.

Both puppies were jumping.... seat to seat... and slobbering all over the windows. Barking nonsense at me ...that I cannot understand. Its crazy... I actually get the two confused sometimes... when my novia behaves badly... I've been mistaking her name with the dog's name. Boy that becomes a train wreck.

Anyway... inside the mall... my novia quickly begins begging. Daddy... I want this... Daddy I want that.... Daddy.... I want some ice cream. Daddy... since you are getting a new pair of shoes.... I should have a new pair. Its only fair.

Yeah bullshit... I knew what I was getting into. Now, I'm also armed with a set of facts that help me deal with rogue puppy behavior. I simply ignored her. 8) 8) 8) I went in the store, tried on a pair of shoes, paid for them and walked out without saying a word or looking sideways.

She wasn't happy but complied and walked silently by my side to the car. We didn't have the normal argument of "I told you this. You understood and now you want that!!!!!!!! blah blah blah. Instead, we had a quiet ride home and later cooked dinner together and watched a movie. Not once, did she ever mention the shoes that she needed so desperately.

puppy chow for thought...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 6:58 pm 
Good job,

Nice strategy. I will have to incorporate that in with my tactics.

It will be interesting to see how long it will take for that cunning little mind to come up with a new way to push your buttons. Unlike puppyies, women have an iron will when it comes to getting their way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 7:05 pm 

Post of the Month......winner winner chicken dinner.

ROTFLMAO :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 7:45 pm 

Kccostarica wrote:
Good job,

Nice strategy. I will have to incorporate that in with my tactics.

It will be interesting to see how long it will take for that cunning little mind to come up with a new way to push your buttons. Unlike puppyies, women have an iron will when it comes to getting their way.

Yep - I woke up this morning and realized that I now have two puppies. The furry one is waaaaayyyyyy coooooooler. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:07 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

Excellent strategy Chi_trekker

Who ever said you can't buy love has never bought a puppy :)

The later I get home at night from mongering or what ever---the happier my puppies are to see me.

Mag

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:40 pm 

A wise man once said dogs, Ch*ldren and women will repeatedly challenge any and every man. If you're not in charge they sense the weakness with those tests and soon will be. Not sure I agree with just ignoring bad behavior but it definitely shouldn't be tolerated from any of the above if we want our sanity.
PS
I have a great Ebook (45 pgs.) on this topic with loads of insight into how women think, the games they play and what they really need from men. Hell it may work with puppys too I don't know. :) If anyone's interested PM and I'll upload it for your downloading pleasure.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:53 pm 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

where is Florida now to bring on the KITTENS :?

They are so much more cudly fun in trying to train :lol:

Cyg :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 12:28 am 
I can do CR without a wingman!

Why do you think the word bitch, originally meant to mean a female canine applies so well to to the two legged human counterpart? Except the canine version always loves you no matter what and is truly sorry when it does wrong, tucking its tail, folding back its ears, slinking humbly up on its belly for forgiveness even if you did not catch it in the act and reacting ecstatically with jumping, licking and tail wagging when you forgive and speak kindly again. Its too bad the two legged version only got the downside of the equation for the most part. The only similarity is that both will repeat the bad behavior, but the canine will eventually learn not to do it any more.

The more I know people, the more I love my animals

Goetz

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 12:59 am 

Chi_trekker wrote:

She wasn't happy but complied and walked silently by my side to the car. We didn't have the normal argument of "I told you this. You understood and now you want that!!!!!!!! blah blah blah. Instead, we had a quiet ride home and later cooked dinner together and watched a movie. Not once, did she ever mention the shoes that she needed so desperately.

Ok buddy, I like the strategy, now be honest, how long until you buy her the much needed shoes.... :oops: :P :P

and the big question...Did you get laid that night...my guess is NO..... :wink: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:16 am 
I can do CR without a wingman!

Great post as usual Chi Treker.i am raising puppies myself and in every book i have read it says to never to reward bad behaviour. You are now the CEASAR MILAIN of CRT. hope to see you soon bro.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:19 am 

Magnum XL wrote:
Excellent strategy Chi_trekker

Who ever said you can't buy love has never bought a puppy :)

The later I get home at night from mongering or what ever---the happier my puppies are to see me.

Mag
Mag your right on target with the comments you made about fido.The chicas are a whole different story.There are some out there that are worth the hassle and some aren't.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:41 am 
Ticas ask me for advice!

By trial and error I have luckily arrived at the same conclusion you have. Interestingly enough I have raised a little shelty puppy which may have helped. When my girlfriend did something that annoyed me or pissed me off I used to argue about it and then they get worked up even more of a tizzy and start steaming out of the ears and nothing is gained because you can not talk sense into them. What I found works is just to say I'm really annoyed by that; that really pisses me off and I'm going to drop my anger about it here because I cant stand arguing and then I change the subject and if she reverts back I give her the silent treatment. When she does something cool or really thoughtful I tell her later about it at least a few times and reward her with a nice dinner or bottle of champagne or new Jeans or something go buy a quart of icecream, it doesn't take much its just the thought that counts for them.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:50 pm 

El Silencioso wrote:
Chi_trekker wrote:

Ok buddy, I like the strategy, now be honest, how long until you buy her the much needed shoes.... :oops: :P :P

and the big question...Did you get laid that night...my guess is NO..... :wink: :lol: :lol:

Did I get laid? I can't remember.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 5:47 pm 

Chi_trekker wrote:
Instead, we had a quiet ride home and later cooked dinner together and watched a movie. Not once, did she ever mention the shoes that she needed so desperately.

puppy chow for thought...

Interesting story. Did she hold anything back from you lately? :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 6:46 pm 

IMHO:

Anger is an energy the can be passed from one person to another, as long as the recipient is willing to take it in. If a person (male or female) is mad at me the negative energy is consuming them. They will try at all cost to give it to me. Should I take that negative energy in, they feel better and I feel worse. :shock: A win for them. If I choose not to take that energy in, I feel better and they feel worse. A win for me. :D

It matters not who is trying to give you some of their negative energy, male, female, friend, lover, or anyone else. If you choose to take it in you have lost, and feel worse for it.

In my earlier life I had chosen to take in others negative energy, and fire back. While it is very hard not to take it in, I am much better at it now, and my life is much nicer now.

My ex does not know how to react to me now because I have chosen not to take in her negative B.S. in anymore. The dance (metaphorically) that we once did so well, I am now out of step with. That pisses her off more, and makes me much happier.

The next time that you feel anger welling up that someone is trying to get you to buy into, choose not to go there and see the results. It will be amazing.

If that doesn't work, book your next trip to CR, where all men are rock stars! 8)