www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:38 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 3:59 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

As I do my apartment research for places in mid Florida, I'm discovering through google map, that the route from most places I'm looking at usually takes you through tolls.

So what happens with the Uber driver? Do they just simply have that taken care of, and have a monthly toll pass or something. Or do they ask you to tip them nicely so that that expense is taken care of? Does it slow down your drive to Orlando Int'l because of this? I'm new to that situation.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:44 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Last edited by Boynton on Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:42 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

Boynton wrote:
If you select an apartment in the Curry Ford Road / Semoran Boulevard area, you can avoid tolls by just going down Semoran Boulevard (HWY 436) which terminates at the airport, otherwise tolls get added to the Uber fare.

Alternately ....

1. When I lived in the area, I had two 4-day weekends a month and travelled to CR 12+ times a year. I would use Park, Bark & Fly on Semoran. They offered a volume discount card and employee discount program. Both covered and uncovered parking options. Back then (2002 - 2012), I was paying les than $5 a day.

2. Currently, I don't own a car so I rent from SIXT both in Orlando and San Jose. The same app works in both locations, although beyond booking, the CR location has little to do with USA ones. The CR office is in Los Yoses, near the San Pedro Mall. The airport pickup/drop off at MCO is very good. Like all rental car companies, they almost never have the car I reserve available, but they are a little softer on the insurance, gas, toll upsell than other places I have used.

3. You can also use the local bus system (Lynx) to connect from the airport to light rail (SunRail) when traveling super light. This will be interesting as commuter rail in the area develops. Full disclosure: I do not have personal experience, but I have a friend who lives in Sanford that has used it.
https://www.golynx.com/core/fileparse.p ... rt_WEB.pdf

Nice, thanks. I am in fact going to look in that exact area for a place. This is what I needed.