www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:25 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:42 am 
Ticas ask me for advice!

Guys, I'm pursuing a full time position in Houston. ( cramming for a skype interview tomorrow )
For you guys living nearby, how are you finding the cheap flight availability in general, to your favorite south/central American countries ?

Also, generally your opinion of the city in general if you have experience ( I already know about the traffic :| )

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:56 am 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

To SJO, $350 rt avg and 3 hour flight has contributed to my decision making on 17 of my 18 trips. Off every other Friday so I book Wednesday night or Thursday to Sunday and only use 1 day of PTO.
Great city to make money and decent night life but otherwise kinda blah.

To PTY, I paid $386 rt in October and that was just under 4 hr flight and will do that again some time next year.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:12 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

Jfoot wrote:
To SJO, $350 rt avg and 3 hour flight has contributed to my decision making on 17 of my 18 trips. Off every other Friday so I book Wednesday night or Thursday to Sunday and only use 1 day of PTO.
Great city to make money and decent night life but otherwise kinda blah.

To PTY, I paid $386 rt in October and that was just under 4 hr flight and will do that again some time next year.

Appreciate the feedback. That's not bad. I heard about the so-so general aspects of living there from some youtube's after posting, but fortunately, I'm there for mostly the work, and maybe strike luck with civilian females.
I like the shorter flights from Houston to PTY, CR than from my current locale to those places, more than the money difference Im realizing too.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:30 pm 

Yea I am kicking around hopping a plane to PTY this Friday for the weekend only. $640 rt plus $75!hotel Eurostar 2 blocks from Habanos. Day trip on Saturday and nightly action. Back in the office on Monday refreshed.

And I already booked SJO for 28 Nov for Wednesday to Sunday.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:32 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

Jfoot wrote:
Yea I am kicking around hopping a plane to PTY this Friday for the weekend only. $640 rt plus $75!hotel Eurostar 2 blocks from Habanos. Day trip on Saturday and nightly action. Back in the office on Monday refreshed.

And I already booked SJO for 28 Nov for Wednesday to Sunday.

How did the SJO trip go? And another question: do you tolerate the mosquito issue in Houston okay? Or does it interfere with your lifestyle at all, like having to put on repellant every day..

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:08 pm 

Mosquitoes are not an issue except a few times a year and i dont even think about it. When its warm and moist they come out. Houston is not bad, Galveston Island on the other hand is a mess on the west end. I wouldnt worry too much abiut the skeeters and really the only time i do is on the golf course if the warm moist conditions exist

My SJO trip report is in Trip Reports....didnt make it to PTY again yet

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:16 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

Jfoot wrote:
Mosquitoes are not an issue except a few times a year and i dont even think about it. When its warm and moist they come out. Houston is not bad, Galveston Island on the other hand is a mess on the west end. I wouldnt worry too much abiut the skeeters and really the only time i do is on the golf course if the warm moist conditions exist

My SJO trip report is in Trip Reports....didnt make it to PTY again yet

okay, thanks, appreciate the intel on that