www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:30 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: SJ Food review
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:38 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

I stayed at SL for 4 nights the week of June 14-18. I ate out with friends most nights and had a couple of lunches at SL. I did have my usual Fish Fingers with fries when I got there. Good as always. Nice portion too. They re-worked the manu, it used to be different sizes for 1,2, or 3 people, but now it's just one size. I can't recall what other thing we ate for lunch there. I was a little disappointed that they took the Burritos off the menu. I wanted the Chicken Burrito one day and even asked the waitress but she said it's no longer available. In my room, there was one of the old menus that had the chicken burrito. But I didn't notice till the last day.

I ate twice at restaurant at Hotel Amistad. One lunch, I had the roast beef sandwich. Comes on a hamburger type of bun with a nice amount of roast beef. I'm not abig eater so for me the portion was perfect, but I know most guys eat more than me so they may find it a little small. There is enough meat for a sub roll (not sure if they have them in CR), and it would be bigger and better. The horseradish sauce or whatever was on it was great. On Friday, I had the seafood special. Any fish entree is included, so I chose the Sea Bass with Shrimp sauce. Absolutely amazing. The sea bass is so soft that it melts in your mouth.

We ate lunch at Soda Peru once. I always get the Chicharrones de Pescado (fried fish chunks with yucca strips). I have only ordered something different once out of like 40-50 times. The lady already knows what I will order when she sees me.

I regret not eating at Chubbs and Princesa Marina, two favorites in SJ. I simply forgot about them this trip.

Post subject: Re: SJ Food review
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:30 am 

Soda Peru is a good stop. Close and convenient. I go to Princessa Marina especially when they have lobster available. One sleeper is Aqui Es, an Argentine grill near Sabana good for steaks.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:56 am 
I can do CR without a wingman!

Whitecat; Exactly where is this restaurant Aqui ES ?

Thanks in advance

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:39 pm 

Tuanis wrote:
Whitecat; Exactly where is this restaurant Aqui ES ?

Thanks in advance

Aqui es!
Av 2, San José, Costa Rica
+506 2221 5727

https://goo.gl/maps/o8tpJXyvCuj

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

This post is provided purely for entertainment purposes and free of charge on the part of the author. No tourist or travel promotion is expressed or implied. The author of this post was not provided compensation (monetary or otherwise) for this potentially entertaining contribution.