www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Classic Breakfast
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 3:28 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

Woke up with an itch for a real American Breakfast; real bacon, sausage, hash browns, etc..
Living in CR, it's hard to find those things without forking (sic) out a lot of cash. Rice and beans for breakfast is ok once in a while.
Headed to the Sportsman and all I expected was so good and filling, I needed a nap afterward.
Highly recommended

Post subject: Re: Classic Breakfast
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:51 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Whatever you do, do not go to Denny's by the Airport unless you enjoy being ripped off. We stopped in there at close to 1am on a Monday (Tuesday if you want to be technical) as we had been out partying with friends and everywhere else was closed. I headed to the rest room to get rid of some beer and when I came out my fiance had a ginger-ale and a menu. I sat down and started looking at the options and was shocked at the prices. I am not a fan of Denny's, and the last time I ate at one was probably 7-8 years ago, but damn over $16.00 for a Grand Slam Breakfast of eggs, bacon and hash browns. It was going to be easily over $40.00 for 2 of us to eat at a friggin Denny's. I told my girl lets get out of there as there is no way I was going to be gouged like that for crappy food. I asked the waiter for the check and it was 2500 colones for a phucking ginger-ale. Ended up going home and making ham and cheese omelets for maybe $4.00 total, granted we had to clean the dishes after we woke up, but I did not get heartburn either.

Post subject: Re: Classic Breakfast
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:29 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Ilv4play wrote:
Whatever you do, do not go to Denny's by the Airport unless you enjoy being ripped off. We stopped in there at close to 1am on a Monday (Tuesday if you want to be technical) as we had been out partying with friends and everywhere else was closed. I headed to the rest room to get rid of some beer and when I came out my fiance had a ginger-ale and a menu. I sat down and started looking at the options and was shocked at the prices. I am not a fan of Denny's, and the last time I ate at one was probably 7-8 years ago, but damn over $16.00 for a Grand Slam Breakfast of eggs, bacon and hash browns. It was going to be easily over $40.00 for 2 of us to eat at a friggin Denny's. I told my girl lets get out of there as there is no way I was going to be gouged like that for crappy food. I asked the waiter for the check and it was 2500 colones for a phucking ginger-ale. Ended up going home and making ham and cheese omelets for maybe $4.00 total, granted we had to clean the dishes after we woke up, but I did not get heartburn either.

I recently spent a month in the states and in my opinion ALL the fast food/chain restaurants are a rip-off there. Sadly all of them that have locations here in CR are even more of a rip-off here- on average about 20%higher than in the States. And to make matters worse, the quality of the food is way below that in the states which is often not good even there!! Give me a casado (lunch) or gallapinto (breakfast) anytime over "American" in CR. When I want "American" breakfast I cook it myself!!!