www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 4:39 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Anyone see any activity here?

The last time I was there, new owners had taken over the restaurant. They even closed a day for inventory. I met the new owner and he said changes are coming. There was a new cook there. Wants to make it a latin restaurant. Sounded like prices were going up. They were to change the exterior sign, logos, etc. I told him that if he changes the lunch specials and Happy Hour there will be some unhappy folks.

I think the owner also has the 8ctavo Rooftop Restaurant at the Sheraton in Escazu.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:47 pm 
I can do CR without a wingman!

heading to sjo in early april, is the hotel ownership going to change their policy regarding its guest/chica policy????

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:55 pm 

Nothing has changed in the hotel at all.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:11 pm 

Thanks Whitecat for the update. Looking fwd to my trip and stay at the Dunn Inn. Tks again for the info.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:30 pm 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

Hadish wrote:
Thanks Whitecat for the update. Looking fwd to my trip and stay at the Dunn Inn. Tks again for the info.

Talked to the security guard. He said they are changing the "concept", which is a vague term. I take that to mean the menu, the decor, the prices. All the TV screens will remain, however, so they will be promoting games and fights and such. The area on the balcony behind the bar was empty of chairs and they are not taking credit cards for now. He said only the two restaurants had been bought, not the hotel.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:17 pm 

The owner, Mike, also has the 8ctavo Rooftop Restaurant at the Sheraton. I looked it up and it is super fancy...read expensive. He showed me the new logo also which is white and black.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 6:38 pm 

Was there on Monday, they have no CC Machine so its cash only. Then when I paid the bill she asked me if it was possible to pay the exact amount, when I could not do that I ended up with close to c3000 in coins for my change. Prices going up an understatement, 2 pancakes, order of bacon and an orange juice $14 (c7000). I used to love the Ricks key here is used to.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 4:15 pm 

I did not mention that my breakfast there was expensive too. Too expensive. Do they still have the free continental breakfast with the room?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 5:42 pm 

Location: NFM--Geezers, cowpokes and the working poor--yeeha!
Whitecat wrote:
I did not mention that my breakfast there was expensive too. Too expensive.

These reports invite the question--Who are they looking to appeal to? Who is the target audience? Surely not folks staying at the hotel, not with other good choices close by...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:19 am 

Location: NFM--Geezers, cowpokes and the working poor--yeeha!
Greengo wrote:
cant spell "moneywashing"? duh.. costa rica is full...."I can afford a round trip ticket to fat old fart wonderworld for a week or so of stabbing my tiny dick at two slices of wet liver dangling on a clothesline worn out old syphilitic del rey pu*sy"...then why cant I project my inbred insight of ways of the worlds realities into costashitholerica..? .. xenophobic psychosexual hysteria is what pura vida is all about .....god I love this place.. :wink:

More cogent, on-point commentary by our resident "Queen" of Quim.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:44 am 

Kojo96 wrote:
Prices going up an understatement, 2 pancakes, order of bacon and an orange juice $14 (c7000). I used to love the Ricks key here is used to.

Damn...are you sure they didn't double charge you :?: :shock: That's ridiculous. I wonder if the dinner prices have dramatically increased? I've always liked the food there, thought it was very good. I wonder how busy they will be in four to six months?

"In a nation ruled by swine, all pigs are upwardly mobile, and the rest of us are phucked until we can put our acts together; not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely"...Hunter S. Thompson (RIP)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:22 pm 

Not a mistake, when the waitress brought the check I looked at it raised my eyebrows and looked at her she could not even look me in the eye. Btw I know her well and have been going there for a long time and I hope they get a clue real quick.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:24 am 

Too bad I liked the food and I always thought it was priced well. The one time I had something that was not very appetizing they brought me something else without hesitation. The waitress was surprised with the tip I left and stopped me as I came out of the bathroom and told me I left too much money. The look on her face was priceless when I told her you took care of my problem without question, and gave me a good suggestion on what else to eat, you earned that propina. I hope she continued on with her style of taking care of the customers wherever she went as I did not ever see her there again. I never saw it busy though, and figured it was only open because of the hotel, not that is was a separate entity.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:24 am 
Just Learning The Gulch!

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Last edited by Bobcat11 on Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 6:53 pm 

Not a good sign.