www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:58 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Cocal
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:27 am 
Just Learning The Gulch!

Will be at the Cocal October 15 through the 19th. Have stayed there once before but never ate at the Cocal! Was wondering if anyone has eaten there and if so there opinion on the food and the prices!!

Post subject: Re: Cocal
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:08 am 
PHD From Del Rey University!

VegasDale wrote:
Will be at the Cocal October 15 through the 19th. Have stayed there once before but never ate at the Cocal! Was wondering if anyone has eaten there and if so there opinion on the food and the prices!!

Yes, I've eaten there a few times - the res't right off the bar, overlooking the beach.

Actually the food is not bad, nor for that matter is the service - BUT - a big but - its typical American prices - close to $20 (or more) for an entre.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:19 pm 

I agree with Scuba 1. I ate there many times when I took daily round trips from SJO and the food is decent, plus you can sit outside facing the Beach (but you may be harassed a bit by Cuban Cigar vendors). Prices are not great though as S1 said. I never was a guest but you will have the great advantage of eating decent grub and then mosying on over to the pool for some hot chicas! Sounds like a great place to me!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:26 pm 

Scuba1 wrote:
VegasDale wrote:

Yes, I've eaten there a few times - the res't right off the bar, overlooking the beach.

Actually the food is not bad, nor for that matter is the service - BUT - a big but - its typical American prices - close to $20 (or more) for an entre.

FYI, if you're staying there breakfast is included in the room fee. You get your choice of tico, American, or fruit.

mh

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 5:52 am 

I have eaten there a few times
Food and service is good prices are not unreasonable
Snacks like wings/fingers are good nice portiobs and much better pricing then other places in jaco

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:19 am 

Food at the bar is pretty good ....priced ok ( hey its a hooker bar ) breakfast free if your staying there is ok ....prices for a side of potatoes or toast not cheap .....overall no need to go anywhere else for meals if your staying there

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:13 pm 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

VegasDale wrote:

Depending on your length of stay, I would say eat there once or twice and change it up a little. Lunch is filling an moderately priced. Yes the breakfast is free, but not much to it. In my opinion, Maria Alta (south side of town across, from the gym) has the best breakfast in town. Lots of fruit, American, Tico or just about anything you want and cheap. I find myself eating at Dan's Sunrise breakfast more than anywhere. Food is good, not as cheap as Maria Alta but there are a lot of Gringo's there that fill me in on what's going on in Jaco.

Good place for lunch or basic dinner is Los Amigo's across the street from Pops Ice cream. Great place to cool off and have a beer or 2. A/c inside. Great hamburgers and chicken wings. Chris, who owns and manages the place is a good guy from West Palm Beach, Fl. Tell him I sent ya.

Add a little spice to you life.This post is provided purely for entertainment purposes and free of charge on the part of the author. No "Sex tourism or travel" promotion is expressed or implied. The author of this post was not provided any compensation for this hopefully entertaining contribution. Any posts regarding any event or hotel item are just my humble opinions only.