www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:36 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 11:44 am 
I can do CR without a wingman!

Found a great Italian restaurant last week. Name, Limoncello about a 4k colones ride from the Mona Lisa. The décor is outstanding, very nice and upscale and at least 2 of the staff spoke English. There is a really nice little walk out garden attached to the restaurant and they have an impressive walk in wine cellar. The food was good even by a US standard and excellent for San Jose. We ordered a pizza, spaghetti, and fettuccine alfredo and 2 cokes all of which was great. Total price 18k colones ($33.96) I actually asked the waiter if they had made a mistake and undercharged us. I gave the left over pizza to our driver and he said it was the best he had ever had. BTW the pizza had real mozzarella cheese and plenty of it. I had the fettuccine and some of the pizza and I was impressed with both. Well worth the trip, most of the drivers at the Mona Lisa are aware of their location. The phone number on the receipt is 2257-6616. If you like Italian this place is well worth the trip.

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 12:26 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Limoncello was always one of my favorite restaurants in SJ.

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 12:51 pm 

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/RestauranteLimoncello
Map: http://www.menutico.com/restaurant/rest ... limoncello

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 1:14 pm 

When in SJO, Limoncello was always my first choice for Italian. Got it from dare I say Boyd.

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 4:08 pm 

It is a very good restaurant , but c4k for taxi from the ML?? That would be high for round trip! It is an 11 block trip unless he takes you on a very scenic trip!! It is located 2 blocks east of Parque National. Sorry you got taken by one of SJ great (honest?) taxistas! or was it a pirate taxi(always a rip off)?

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 6:56 pm 

Sorry I meant $4, 1000 colones each way. You'd think after 15 years of going to CR I could keep it straight. My point was it is very close to the popular hotels.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:08 am 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

Bep7662 wrote:
Loved the place. Very nice, very good service. Only I thought their filet would be better than most places. I was wrong. Food came out quickly so I had enough time to order something else, otherwise I highly recommend the place.

That's why I don't go to Italian places for anything else but Italian...Some kind of parm..cheese and sauce and pasta....It's like going to a good Mexican place and ordering a burger, In my vast experience with food...Always order the type of cuisine the establishment is advertising....All there time and effort are put into making there food better and different than everyone else, they just put other stuff on the menu as an after thought to accommodate someone that is maybe Lactose intolerant. I just went through this with a friend of mine, we went to a very well know pizza here where I live and I of course want pizza. he orders some sort of Grecian chicken dinner...the pizza was amazing and all he did was bitch that his chicken was dry and bland. You go to a pizza place to order pizza!!!....lol...JMHO