www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:36 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Great breakfast
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 6:34 pm 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by SpeakNo on Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:26 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

SpeakNo wrote:
I've always stayed at other hotels because I was not a CRT member, (and had never heard if it), on my first trip in 2008 or 09,....i e stayed at Castillo, SL, ML....however, since your post I may actually give Del Ray a try, in spite of the chica fee. I have thought in it and never stayed there. Maybe next time I will.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's pro's and con's, I still love the place because I always score big every trip and I'm not into going about at night, so my M.O. is generally to try to score an MP girl in the daytime and then hang out in the lobby in the evening and pick one and ride up the elevator, no night travel hassles, no cab hassles, no walking out the HDR with your girl and being besieged by the beggars and hawkers like a scene out of "Night of the living dead"...

DelRey is cheap, $55 for a nice room, add the $11 chica fee (if you score an MP girl and a DelRey girl, 2 a day) and it's $66, big deal, lots of local places are $70 and up. I also have to babysit my 83 year old wingman and I don't want to be exposed at night with him, so it works out well for us.

Con's ; 1 : dirty section of town, more crime, more beggars and hawkers annoying you as you come and go from the hotel, can be quite annoying, I've come close to whacking one a couple times....

2 : Many girls are always pawing at you and catcalling, usually the ones you'll never pick, mildly annoying.

3 : Can be noisy, other popular hotels other than the famous dive Morazon are in quieter sections of town, occasionally annoying.

4 : Chica fee, basically irrelevant if you only bring one up a night but if you're a tri-athelete and get several in your room a day it can add up, annoying if that's your game...

5. Many ''average" girls have now joined in on the cien train and you have to get through a couple to find a nice cheap hottie, and more "hardened" ho's hang out here and if you don't do your question and answer session first and get that good feeling from her, you can get burned...can be extremely annoying

Ok, the pro's :

1. Cheap, nice room for $55, even with one chica fee per night, still reasonable.

2. Nice big rooms, excellent maid service, good bathrooms, tv, wifi, room service, good but pricey food

3. You're in the belly of the beast, Grand Central station, there's more girls here on Fri, Sat night than all the other places combined and still the largest group in the evenings during the week. Be patient, play your cards right and ask your questions and get to know your girl a little before popping the question and you'll always score and score great. There's hotties almost 24/7 there, I've seen some nice mid level and even some super hotties there as early as 6;30 am !!! I had one my last day at that time right before I started packing!

4. if you're in the mood for top of the line 10's, model perfect, super stunners and not afraid to pay the dreaded cien for them, they're there, not so much the other places, at least in the volume available. Not dissin' great pick up places like SL, Scores, Zona2, etc., many excellent choices, it just seems the super stunners, best in class, Miss Universe contestants, tall, natural, etc., do congregate there in the late evenings and especially on weekends.

5. Just hangin, you can be hanging around the lobby like the other places but you're seeing a constant caravan of hotties, many times I spotted one I was infatuated with, talked to her, confirmed I like her, and got a later date or phone number to call because I was going out at the time I saw her. You will have more options if you stay at the DelRey, pssssy is in your face non stop.

6. Safety, avoiding hassles, staying put at night, large selection and easy elevator ride...even though the place is in a crime area and thugs abound around the place for blocks, if you're choosing to just hang in the lobby and score your evening score, you don't have to go out and about in the evening.

There you have it, my opinion is almost everyone should experience the place their first visit unless they just can't stand the cons, then check out the other places recommended here, find a home or rotate, the important thing is not where you stay, it's getting down here, period !!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: 8) 8) 8)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:30 am 

Viper001 wrote:
Had to chime in on this one...the restaurant next to the Key Largo has breakfast starting every morning at 5AM. It looked really well prepared. They have bacon, sausage, rice/beans, potato/home fries, a fruit table and, best of all, an egg station...cooked as you like! I am planning on trying it tomorrow...I'll post if it isn't everything I am hoping it will be. I believe the price is a bit higher than other places, though...7k colones?

For awhile there, the Del Mar went from being all you can eat to limiting your access. Anyone know if they've changed back?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:37 am 

El Ornitorrinco wrote:
Viper001 wrote:
Had to chime in on this one...the restaurant next to the Key Largo has breakfast starting every morning at 5AM. It looked really well prepared. They have bacon, sausage, rice/beans, potato/home fries, a fruit table and, best of all, an egg station...cooked as you like! I am planning on trying it tomorrow...I'll post if it isn't everything I am hoping it will be. I believe the price is a bit higher than other places, though...7k colones?

For awhile there, the Del Mar went from being all you can eat to limiting your access. Anyone know if they've changed back?

For the 7k colones buffet you can eat until you explode...no limits, I've eaten there some mornings and I think they lost money on me, even at 7K colones! Plenty of fresh just squeezed oj and coffee is part of the deal, if you want a soft drink or bottled water it's extra.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:57 pm 

Netgems wrote:
El Ornitorrinco wrote:
Viper001 wrote:

For the 7k colones buffet you can eat until you explode...no limits, I've eaten there some mornings and I think they lost money on me, even at 7K colones! Plenty of fresh just squeezed oj and coffee is part of the deal, if you want a soft drink or bottled water it's extra.

Thanks Netgems, looks like they'll be my breakfast place again in that case.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:07 pm 

Rui Señor

great American breakfast, 3-types of freshly baked bread, and close to the Mall San Pedro

located directly across from the Italian Embassy

one of the first places ALL my friends want to start their CR trip with

Pura Vida

EdB

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:40 am 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

BALMORAL BUFFET BEST BREAKFAST INSJO :D