www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:16 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:52 pm 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

In a recent trip to Jaco, I was looking for something different for my breakfast experience. Really, I was looking for someplace that had a wi-fi, since my hotels wi-fi was down. I was cursing main street and decided to stop at Sunrise (had a strong wi-fi signal). My waitress name Michelle (American lady), served me. I asked for coffee to start off with. She poured me a cup and left the pot on the table explaining that it was for me and if I finished that one, they would bring me another pot. Nice change as most restaurants charge by the cup in Costa Rica. I ordered the American breakfast of 2 eggs over medium, potatoes, bacon and toast 4 mil or $8. They really pilled up the bacon. Service was fast. Dan, the owner from the New England area, came over and introduced himself to me. Read his bio on the back of the menu. He's been in business for 12 years now. He must be doing something right I thought. Very likable guy. We had a great conversation as I ate. i got a little work done as the wi-fi was fast and reliable. The food was great and in my opinion a good value for Jaco. It was so good that I brought 2 new customers back, 2 days later. This time I had the omelette filled with bacon, cheese and mushrooms. When I say filled, I mean filled. Another great meal and 2 more satisfied customers.
If you are in Jaco and looking for a good breakfast, English spoken, I would give them a try. Can't miss them. It's on the main drag right across from the Monkey bar. I'll be back for sure.

Add a little spice to you life.This post is provided purely for entertainment purposes and free of charge on the part of the author. No "Sex tourism or travel" promotion is expressed or implied. The author of this post was not provided any compensation for this hopefully entertaining contribution. Any posts regarding any event or hotel item are just my humble opinions only.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:24 am 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Pretty sure we sat down there to eat if its the same place, the tables were outside and even at 8:30 am it was to hot to eat outside, the breakfast at the cocal was good and priced right

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:57 am 

Chilimike wrote:
Pretty sure we sat down there to eat if its the same place, the tables were outside and even at 8:30 am it was to hot to eat outside, the breakfast at the cocal was good and priced right

Brother C.M. Not too hot this time of year. He has ceiling fans at just about every table. I have never had so much bacon on a plate. Helpful hint, get the corner table. You get the breeze for both directions.

Add a little spice to you life.This post is provided purely for entertainment purposes and free of charge on the part of the author. No "Sex tourism or travel" promotion is expressed or implied. The author of this post was not provided any compensation for this hopefully entertaining contribution. Any posts regarding any event or hotel item are just my humble opinions only.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:16 am 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

I ate at this place awesome food and service loved it tables are outside but you cant get everything

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:41 pm 

Dan's a great guy--let's me bring my bottle of Baileys for my coffee, and after he closes at 1:00ish, often there is a Happy Hour, if he's not doing anything. He also has rental units available

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:29 pm 

Diablo wrote:
Dan's a great guy--let's me bring my bottle of Baileys for my coffee, and after he closes at 1:00ish, often there is a Happy Hour, if he's not doing anything. He also has rental units available

You are correct, he closes at 1 p.m. and re-opens at 6:30 pm until 5:30 a.m. He tells me he also has put in a new Pizza oven for the late night Monkey bar crowd and is going to open a bar upstairs. Go by and see him and tell him to give you the One Lucky Dogg, Dogg Pound Special. Don't really know what is is but I am sure he will come up with something.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:43 am 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

This reminds me of the time that I was wondering around in NYC because my hotel’s wifi was down and I managed to find it at a place with the best happy hour NYC and it’s become my favorite now.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:29 pm 

Location: NFM--Geezers, cowpokes and the working poor--yeeha!
Linking from TA only to show the sign + menu + pix of happy customers: http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_R ... tml#photos

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:23 am 

I go there almost every morning im in jaco and Michelle has become a friend the other waitress is Dans wife.
They have a great pineapple smoothie.Cocal breakfast is free to guests i usually hit both fruit plate or cereal at cocal smoothie and more coffee at sunrise.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:45 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

I went there several years ago and thought it was great that they bring you a pot of coffee. That place has been in business for a long time.