www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:15 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:11 pm 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

Anyone been to a new Bar-B- Q joint in Belen? A friend of mine who lives there told me the ribs were some of the best he’s had anywhere. Said it just opened a few weeks ago by a gringo and is strictly take out.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:54 pm 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

About a month and a half ago, I met a guy at the bar in SL, and he was telling me about a friend of his was opening a BBQ place with Kansas style BBQ. Sorry, cant remember the guy's name. But,..he did say the guy knew BBQ.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:53 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Is this the guy? viewtopic.php?f=1&t=35475

Tampagringo wrote:
I'm currently in process of opening Costa Rica's first and only traditional American-style barbecue restaurant, All American Barbecue, near my home in San Ramon de Tres Rios. I expect to open in November and to advertise on this website as well as offering CRT VIP discounts. I'll let everyone know when we're open and hope to renew many old acquaintances and make some new ones.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:23 pm 

Orange wrote:
Is this the guy? viewtopic.php?f=1&t=35475

Tampagringo wrote:
I'm currently in process of opening Costa Rica's first and only traditional American-style barbecue restaurant, All American Barbecue, near my home in San Ramon de Tres Rios. I expect to open in November and to advertise on this website as well as offering CRT VIP discounts. I'll let everyone know when we're open and hope to renew many old acquaintances and make some new ones.

I don’t think it’s the same restaurant. Talked to my friend to day and he said it was called Big Bills Q and it was about a block south of the plaza. He said they had ribs, chicken, pulled pork and brisket cooked over wood on a smoker the guy brought from the states, I not in CR now but I’ll check it out when I get down.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:19 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

No, it's not my place. I'm still a couple of weeks away from opening and am located in San Ramon de Tres Rios, east of San Jose. The name of my place is All-American Barbecue. I'm also planning takeout and delivery service but also have a few tables for dining. I'll be interested in trying Big Bill's and wish him success.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:25 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

Does anybody have an exact location of Big Bills?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:27 am 

Location: NFM--Geezers, cowpokes and the working poor--yeeha!
I couldn't come up with any hot poop on Big Bill's BBQ but did come up with this terrif Website on US food in the US. Check it out, Heartlanders and those who find them comforting: http://www.ranchandfarmworld.com/jack_t ... sid=MjAxNA

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:03 pm 

CVCap wrote:
Does anybody have an exact location of Big Bills?

This is what I got
La Ribera de Belen de Heredia, 100 mts sur de la Plaza. Right now it's open Thur. -Sun

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:05 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

Anybody try any of these spots?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:08 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

There is a place called Authentic Texas BBQ in Heredia. It is in San Juaquin next to Pizza Hut. Best BBQ I've ever had in CR. They got Ribs, Brisket, Burgers, Chicken. Ive tried them all and they are all very good. The owner is from Texas and is doing a good job. They also got a bar. On Friday and Saturdays they got karaoke and the place is packed. Lots of hot local girls.If any one has been to Luthers BBQ in the stated thats what the owner modeled his place after.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:05 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

Ratbstrd976 wrote:
There is a place called Authentic Texas BBQ in Heredia. It is in San Juaquin next to Pizza Hut. Best BBQ I've ever had in CR. They got Ribs, Brisket, Burgers, Chicken. Ive tried them all and they are all very good. The owner is from Texas and is doing a good job. They also got a bar. On Friday and Saturdays they got karaoke and the place is packed. Lots of hot local girls.If any one has been to Luthers BBQ in the stated thats what the owner modeled his place after.

Good tip, but I don't know Heredia too well. Is this a plaza?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:39 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Yes its in a plaza. There is only one Pizza Hut in San Juaquin. Its about 10 minutes from Cariari or Belen. It is right next door to Pizza Hut. I think their number is 22652682. Thay got take out also.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:42 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

Thanks, will try for sure.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:45 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

Hope you aren't here shilling though. Cause if the place sucks and I go all the way to Heredia, I'll be pissed. 2 posts and both with initimate details about this restaurant. hmmmm

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:19 pm 

Location: NFM--Geezers, cowpokes and the working poor--yeeha!
CVCap wrote:
Hope you aren't here shilling though. Cause if the place sucks and I go all the way to Heredia, I'll be pissed. 2 posts and both with initimate details about this restaurant. hmmmm

excellent point but here's another mention from another source:
http://costaricaeatsguide.com/RESTAURANT_GUIDE.html
And more from this (Post #50):
http://www.therxforum.com/showthread.ph ... &p=8572615 Actually this Thread has informed opinion on a lot of restaurants