www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:30 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Nov 27 - Dec 6th
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2020 7:33 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

Arriving Late night Delta Flight the Day After Thanksgiving spending 6 days in SJ and 3 in Jaco. Since the La Amistad is still currently closed, Rudy has set me up at the Castillo. I have always stayed at the LA while in San Jose I have only ate a few meals at Castillo so anyone who has been in the Castillo Rooftop Penthouse #3 room feel free to chime in and give me some details and climbing steps don't bother me. I just got my email confirmation from Cocal today I will be there Mon Nov. 30 - Thu Dec 3... How is the Cocal's selection been during thru the week anyone been recently and then I'm headed Back to Castillo for remainder of my stay.

Post subject: Re: Nov 27 - Dec 6th
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 6:12 pm 
I can do CR without a wingman!

What would you like to know? I have been staying at the castillo from before Mat bought it. I will be there the weekend before you.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 6:34 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

It appears from some of the pictures some PH share a Balcony or might beside another PH outside balcony ?
I also looked at the Hotel Castillo Posts for some pictures of PH but I only seem to find the PH Zoo Room and this isn't the room I got. Does the PH 3 have any decent balcony views, any lofts have you stayed in this room before Hugo ?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:04 am 

The 3 penthouses have roof top patios that are adjacent to one and other. They all have views over the bar area and out over San Jose. They have a low railing that can be opened to one and other if you have a neighbor you get along with. You can see over the railing while seated. Try this link"https://www.google.com/search?q=hotel+castillo+san+jose+costa+rica+penthouse&sxsrf=ALeKk021njeyB1C3OTScYsHOqJJXX_ApnQ:1605102716945&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwi6xpXK0frsAhVPaq0KHX7cB0oQ_AUoAXoECAMQAw&biw=1280&bih=648#imgrc=6guyfqbNUsetfM" If the link does not work just search for Hotel Castillo San Jose Costa Rica Penthouse in google and select images. I can not remember if 1 or 3 is the corner on the zoo side. I have stayed in all 3 and the view is nice with the corner having a better view. There is also a cover over each of the patios.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 2:26 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

Thanks For Info Hugo about balcony, Ernesto or Rudy are suppose to get me some Pics in a few days when that specific room is Vacant ... The link you had posted worked, but I don't what room is which looking at pictures, but they all look real nice and spacious.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 9:45 am 

Sorry i was not more specific. The rooms are the ones with the couches and the staircase inside that is in the back of the photo. https://hotelcastillocostarica.com/wp-c ... se-1-8.JPG https://hotelcastillocostarica.com/wp-c ... C_0667.JPG https://media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/media ... thouse.jpg

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:20 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

Got a few Photos this week Hugo looking forward to seeing those options when I arrive

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2020 6:42 pm 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

Penthouse 3 is my favorite at Castillo. The room is vented so it can be a little bit noisy during the day if you're a light sleeper.

Last edited by Nola504 on Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:22 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

Nola504 wrote:
Penthouse 3 is my favorite at Castillo. The room is vented so it can be a little bit noisy during the day if you're a lite sleeper.

Not a light sleeper at all Train at the LA did not bother me