www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: March 1-5 San Jose
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:06 am 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

Haven't been to promise land in like 6 years, but this upcoming March, I'll be celebrating the 25th anniversary of my 21st birthday........I remember turning 40 in the old Hotel Little Havana, (when you had to walk upstairs to the bar) so by keeping up with the board I'm learning some things have changed, some have stayed the same.....hoping to book Sportsman's this week.....If you in town im sure i'll be at the Sportsman's bar, i'll be the 6'9" guy, so it will be easy to pick me out of crowd 8)

Count down is on!!!!!!

Post subject: Re: March 1-5 San Jose
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:41 pm 
I can do CR without a wingman!

I will be at the Castillo on those dates. Will probably hang at the bar in the afternoon, then take a nap before heading over to HDR.

I could sure use some pointers, as this will be my first time. Am I bound to meet some friends at the Castillo prior to heading to the DR? I'd be okay with going solo and making my own mistakes...but, that may not be prudent. Luckily, there has been some really good info here on how to enjoy all that Costa Rica offers.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:28 pm 

I will be at Castillo all or part of that time

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:00 am 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

stats813 wrote:
I will be at the Castillo on those dates. Will probably hang at the bar in the afternoon, then take a nap before heading over to HDR.

I could sure use some pointers, as this will be my first time. Am I bound to meet some friends at the Castillo prior to heading to the DR? I'd be okay with going solo and making my own mistakes...but, that may not be prudent. Luckily, there has been some really good info here on how to enjoy all that Costa Rica offers.

Bar traffic is very light at Castillo, rarely more than 2-3 people in the bar at any given time, if that. Your best bet is to hit Sportsmens and just chat up people there. Plenty of advice and wingmen there to head out with.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:59 am 
Ticas ask me for advice!

If you are doing the all inclusive, you can also go to the La Amistad bar. It usually has a good crowd of fellow mongers. This way, you can continue to take advantage of the all inclusive drinks

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:08 pm 

Just got my CRT card! I'm staying at the Castillo March 1-5 and will do the all-inclusive. Does my CRT get me a discount on the already good deal?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:18 pm 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

They did away with any CRT at LA and Castillo if you are all inclusive. Already a huge bargain even if you are just eating and not drinking alcohol. That’s a bonus

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:15 pm 

Looking forward to my trip in a few weeks. I've been thinking about foregoing the "nightlife" and will instead try hitting up Club Alcazar and Monica's during the afternoon or early evening. If all goes well, I can go to SL for a few beers and meet some new friends...I'm also looking forward to my stay at the Castillo and will relax there. Party in the penthouse!

Yes, of course I will give HDR a shot on Friday & Saturday night...I just won't get my hopes up. And if I drink too much, that won't be all. :?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:33 am 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Quote:
Yes, of course I will give HDR a shot on Friday & Saturday night...I just won't get my hopes up.

don't wait til the weekend to hit the HDR. Wed. & Thurs. nights from 9:00pm-11:00pm usually have a nice selection of chicas. The weekends actually tend to be a little slower as some chicas head to Jaco, others stay home with families etc. An old saying on CRT was that Thursday night at 10pm is the peak time of the whole week!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:00 pm 

I am checking in to SL on Monday and will be there for about a week. I will be sure to say hello when I see someone fitting your description.