www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:41 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Any MDE experts?
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:48 pm 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

I did post in the VIP section, but not everyone has access, so I am adding a few questions here.

1. As a first timer to MDE, do you recommend I stay at the Mansion as a good base camp?
2. If there is no SL or Del Rey environment, where do you recommend i explore? I won't be using Facebook since I don't want to share my stateside details.

All input is appreciated....

Cheers

Post subject: Re: Any MDE experts?
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:33 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

blackhawks19 wrote:
I did post in the VIP section, but not everyone has access, so I am adding a few questions here.

1. As a first timer to MDE, do you recommend I stay at the Mansion as a good base camp?
2. If there is no SL or Del Rey environment, where do you recommend i explore? I won't be using Facebook since I don't want to share my stateside details.

Cheers

1. It depends. If you are a self-starter and speak passable Spanish, stay at an apartment. If not, stay at one of the Hotel Medellin Plaza (aka "Mansion") properties or travel with an experienced wingman.

2. Try exploring at the holy grail, Parque Lleras, a tiny "park" with lots of bars, restaurants & nightlife around it. Be careful... the park is now being policed by the cops looking for drugs and und***ge activity. Also, there have been reported cases of guys being drugged and robbed. Facebook is a favored tool used by many mongers who come to Medellin. I would recommend setting up a faux account and start making your contacts that way.

This board is full of Medellin experts... surprisingly no one stepped up to offer you their dos pesos.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:49 pm 

BlueDevil wrote:
blackhawks19 wrote:

Cheers

1. It depends. If you are a self-starter and speak passable Spanish, stay at an apartment. If not, stay at one of the Hotel Medellin Plaza (aka "Mansion") properties or travel with an experienced wingman.

2. Try exploring at the holy grail, Parque Lleras, a tiny "park" with lots of bars, restaurants & nightlife around it. Be careful... the park is now being policed by the cops looking for drugs and und***ge activity. Also, there have been reported cases of guys being drugged and robbed. Facebook is a favored tool used by many mongers who come to Medellin. I would recommend setting up a faux account and start making your contacts that way.

This board is full of Medellin experts... surprisingly no one stepped up to offer you their dos pesos.

BlueDevil....thanks for the intel. Very helpful. My spanish is passable and I am definitely not shy when it comes to exploring new cities/countries. I will always ask for the cedula if I have any doubts.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:13 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

~When are you going?

Last edited by Bmore on Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:53 pm 

blackhawks19 wrote:

Cheers

Unless you really want to explore the local food and culture I would recommend staying at the Mansion or at least somewhere near the Mansion. That area is near the Hard Rock Cafe and not to far from Parque Lleras.

I stayed at a hotel further uptown across from a huge shopping center. My room was awesome and included a hot tub but wasn't crazy about the location.

As far as the women go, a lot of guys have been practicing their Spanish and hitting girls up on Facebook. Since it was my first trip. I stuck with the casas. I think the price range was $35-50 for an hour and most had a great selection. One of the tourists I met there was showing us pictures he took from a wild time at a strip club but I didn't get around to checking them out.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:36 am 

Hard Rock Cafe long gone btw

OP : recommend Hotel M (mansion) first trip.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:52 pm 

Hate to correct mi amigo PR.

Hard rock still there. Just moved a block or two.

https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1CDGO ... sgxeXtnv1k

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:58 am 

Ahhh see that. Opened new one 30 Sep last year. Will check it out next trip.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:15 pm 
I can do CR without a wingman!

t

Last edited by brazinone on Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:04 pm 

brazinone wrote:
Phoenix Rising wrote:
Hard Rock Cafe long gone btw

OP : recommend Hotel M (mansion) first trip.

Booked today... Going to try for two nights, but I have to change to the M2 on second night, since no rooms are available on 2nd night M1. I hear the action is at M1, does anything go on in the M2 such as a pool area?

M2 is basically bring your own entertainment, but there is a pool and you are certainly welcome to enjoy the facilities with your guests. Other guests will likeky be doing the same. Sometimes there are events etc there, but the barrel to shoot the fish with is down the hill at M1

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:09 pm 

On one of my journey's to MDE I stayed with two other guys, who were on Facebook 10 a day (no lie). These men had hundreds of ladies on the Facebook MDE friends.

They spent at least 10 hours a day (no lie) on the computer setting up dates. Many were no shows, most were late, sometimes two would show up at the same time.

It is better than nothing, but it takes work, and many no-shows.

Health & happiness.........

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:33 pm 

Santas Bro wrote:
On one of my journey's to MDE I stayed with two other guys, who were on Facebook 10 a day (no lie). These men had hundreds of ladies on the Facebook MDE friends.

They spent at least 10 hours a day (no lie) on the computer setting up dates. Many were no shows, most were late, sometimes two would show up at the same time.

It is better than nothing, but it takes work, and many no-shows.

Health & happiness.........

Sounds like me on cheaptickets and booking.com. :)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:25 am 

The pool at M2 is still under construction as well as room 210 and another I believe. Hard Rock is almost in the same spot and open. Nothing going on at M2, but not too big of a set back. But in the future plan ahead and be sure to stay while trip there until M2 is done. Reconsider Facebook as it's vital and I mean it will increase your experience 5 billion percent. Just use fake name as always, different city and comb through notifications to turn off important ones. I recommend taking your computer and making profile there so no chance of cross contamination of real account and friends. Don't worry, set up there and no possible worry. Get there early to M1 for breakfast first day and someone will help you - do this and plan it first thing. The girls there and the cave are fine, but the whole reason you are going is the amazing beautiful girls and selection. Get on Facebook asap ! The selection is almost limitless and you need time to message them. You will regret if you don't but not required... Try to plan a pool party also.. lots of fun. The bartender Lina is awesome, she will help you with info and friend her up... Visit the metro cable during the day, cool as hell... Take a favorita to show you. Parasailing is also cool.. Expect 150k pesos plus taxi on girls. 150 is about $50-60 US. Buddy up at M1 to show you ropes and visit the park as soon as possible. It's an incredible place. Don't think it's like the park near Del Rey... It's full of resturaunts and night life. Eat dinner at Basillica...The best... Also go with friend to Santa Fe mall. Awesome. Rest on top floor is awesome... Chill and enjoy brother