www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:43 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: GFE
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:59 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Hey CRT Vets,

Thanks for a great board filled with excellent intel and insight. I am contemplating my first trip to CR after numerous visits to LOS. I've had great GFEs in LOS. My favorite such experiences involved meeting a hottie in Bangkok, Koh Samui or Phuket and staying with them for a week or so until the "magic" wore off. Daily cost was around $100 plus transportation, meals, a little low-grade shopping for cute outfits (sexy fun, not a burden!) and miscellaneous expenses. All in all, I would say the week runs about $1000-$1500. So, the question I have is if a comparable experience is possible in CR and, at what cost? If ST is a cien for an hour, that projects to personal bank default by day two of a getaway! I know it is difficult to specify numbers as many variables come into play, ranging from chemistry and timing to length and location of getaway, but in general, is this doable and do you guys often do it?

Specifically, I was hoping to meet a hottie and, if the chemistry is right, go to Tamarindo Beach and beyond for a week. I am a hopeless romantic...for about a week. Tops.:-)

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

I'm very excited about SL. It sounds SO similar to Gulliver's in BKK. Great sports bar with lots of "game." Only difference is I bet the SL features US sports rather than an endless parade of Euro football!

Sincerely,

CaliBear1

Post subject: Re: GFE
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:15 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

I do know guys that do that down here but more so with girls they know well. First thing to be aware of is many can't get away for that long with family responsibilities heavy on many of the working girls. The ones that can will be looking for one things...cash. No matter how much you spend on them on food/drink/shopping, most will still be expecting a daily rate. Get lucky, maybe $150 a day but usually more.

I'd suggest go the Jaco route. Find one in SL, great, take her with you to Jaco. Things don't work out, bus fare back to San Jose and there are more to choose from. Tamarindo might be a more problamatic thing as the time/distance might make it harder to get rid of her (especially if flying) and it there will be less section and harder to find in Tamarindo, if what I hear is true.

There will be a lot of sports on but don't count on not seeing some futbal (soccer) even at Sportsmen's Lodge

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:39 pm 

Puravidatransport wrote:
I do know guys that do that down here but more so with girls they know well. First thing to be aware of is many can't get away for that long with family responsibilities heavy on many of the working girls. The ones that can will be looking for one things...cash. No matter how much you spend on them on food/drink/shopping, most will still be expecting a daily rate. Get lucky, maybe $150 a day but usually more.

I'd suggest go the Jaco route. Find one in SL, great, take her with you to Jaco. Things don't work out, bus fare back to San Jose and there are more to choose from. Tamarindo might be a more problamatic thing as the time/distance might make it harder to get rid of her (especially if flying) and it there will be less section and harder to find in Tamarindo, if what I hear is true.

There will be a lot of sports on but don't count on not seeing some futbal (soccer) even at Sportsmen's Lodge

You rec'd good advice from Puravida, and while doubtless some will chime in with a disagreement to what I'm going to post, I think its a really bad idea to take a girl anywhere out of town unless you know her fairly well - never mind many can't go b/c they have K*ds, the idea that you are going to be with someone you really don't know - and I don't consider a roll in the hay once or twice knowing someone :roll: - some guys post they have had luck doing it; many more say its a train wreck.

(Living with someone 24 hours a day is far different than even an all nighter - some get to be real pains in the ass - they whine constantly for you to buy them stuff; sometimes they have to leave early because of a family problem <often BS> and some just turn out to be not fun; OK for an hour or so but for a 3 days to a week - plus....how's your spanish and her english - if you can't communicate, it can also be tough)

If despite my advice you do it - post on how you made out.

Post subject: Re: Amerchica's GFE
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:24 pm 

Amerchicas (chicas who have been americanized by many generous and well meaning gringos, like Africanized bees) can be a real pain in the ass on the road. I have posted at length on this on a few occasions over the years.

I think I have done the "take one to the beach" thing as much as anyone else in fifteen years, 20x? at least, before I settled down with one that lives near the beach--there's the best idea--but that took me many, many trips and luck.

Posters are correct, you will be with a stranger. You like living with a stranger? Slippery slope with I'd say a 20% per cent chance of saying at the end "that was fun" defined as "a good time and she wasn't a pain in the ass".

I could go on and on about all the bullshit they may pull once you get to the beach. You probably can minimize that somewhat it by a good inteview with what you expect and what you won't tolerate (like being an Amerchica). They must know that if they break the deal, you can be ice cold. They must understand the Mandatory admonishment that if they balk anytime after you get there or turn into an Amerchica, THEY ARE ON THE NEXT BUS, AND IF THE NEXT BUS IS TOMORROW, THEY ARE STAYING AT THE LOCAL CHEAPIE HOTEL ON THEIR $$ UNTIL THE NEXT BUS. You have to have the balls to drop them just like they'll play you if they see they can. It's a biz to them, you are a $$ sign whom they presume they will never see again. It has to the same for you, a contract and you'll probably never see her again. (Although I'm still friends with two of them who I put on the bus, see them every year or so in the DR, always a beso para mi. I see a few others on occasion and they don't even recognize me, granted years have gone by--get my point?).

Not a great way to start off, I know, like a pre-nuptial. But alot of them hook you with that "it's going to be great and I'll be a good girl" and then they get there. First night is great. The next day the Amerchica starts with all the aggravating, trip disaster BS. Remember these are whores. Paying them by the day (at the end of the day) gives you some protection.

Remember also, they don't add into their equation of how much you spend on hotels or meals or drinks or shit you buy them. And they will all definitely try that "para mi poppy" buy me stuff.

Admire your nerve. Good luck. Let us all know where you went and how it worked.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:57 pm 

If after reading DGD's excellent post, with real world experience, and you still want to do it you are foolish (with respect - just in this area, and in this instance - otherwise, you are probably a sharp, good guy :) :)

I don't have to put my hand on a red hot stove to know it burns; some have to carry the scars - everything he posted I identified - why - not b/c I did it, but 40 trips you can guess the mind set pretty well :) :)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:23 am 

Location: NFM--Geezers, cowpokes and the working poor--yeeha!
I don't want to start an argument but isn't it true that the women of some cultures (and that includes sub-cultures) are just more GFE-able, more easily multi-day rentable overall than others? Not saying which or whom; that's where you guys give expert testimony.
On the subject: Do what you want to do but understand the risks--the rewards will take care of themselves. The few times I ventured, it was with women I knew...which plays back into all that the Brothers said above. Like them, I wish you the best and, yes, a trip report.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:34 am 

But, if you have to put her on the bus, in all of the beach towns other than Jaco (unless you get real lucky in Tamarindo or Coco or Flamingo or Dominical or all the rest of the other limited chica beach towns), now you are solo at the beach. There isn't much worse then for a new guy to be in a CR beach town solo at night unless you enjoy hanging around bars talking with strangers. That's the other risk you take. Too far/time consuming from most playas to double back to the gulch and try again.

I gather you like the beach. Jaco is the only one that has alot of girls. The beach is one of the worst. But there is a beach 5 km to the south, Playa Hermosa, which is alot more typical. That's a pretty good plan for a first timer. Dick around in Jaco at night, find one that you may want to play with during the day at Hermosa, if not her, next.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:06 am 

Location: NFM--Geezers, cowpokes and the working poor--yeeha!
Then later on in your CR career and if/when you find a good'un, consider the Caribe coast--Puerto Viejo--no P$P but we have friends there and what a relaxed vibe!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:16 pm 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

Scuba1 wrote:
Puravidatransport wrote:
I do know guys that do that down here but more so with girls they know well. I think its a really bad idea to take a girl anywhere out of town unless you know her fairly well - never mind many can't go b/c they have K*ds, the idea that you are going to be with someone you really don't know - and I don't consider a roll in the hay once or twice knowing someone :roll: - some guys post they have had luck doing it; many more say its a train wreck.

+1000 what Puratransport & Scuba1 said. It’s bad idea - especially for newbies.

A dude has to have lots of experience under his belt, including being able to handle a drunk obnoxious angry hooker in public (restaurant, bar or your hotel). :mrgreen:

It can be done, but not half hazardously for sure. You need to be at the TOP of your monger game! You need to pick a drug free and passive Chica that you had a good night with and she was chill during that time. No friends, no phone calls, not popular, maybe only checking her phone once for her Ch*ld or something....

If you get a loud drunk outgoing vivacious high maintenance chica.....well, you get it.

In either case, you have to plan in advance...and be ready to drop them off at curb anytime they get-out-of-line... just be prepared to pay them what you promised for the day and an extra $30 for bus fare back home. :evil:

In other posts, I have mentioned that there is always chica “drama” on a trip to Costa Rica. 90% chance it comes when you ask a Chica to stay with you TLN or longer!

But than again, that can be part of the game as your level of experience rises!... :shock:

This post is provided purely for entertainment purposes and free of charge on the part of the author. No advice, tourist or travel promotion is expressed or implied. The author of this post was not provided compensation (monetary or otherwise) for this potentially entertaining contribution

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:26 pm 

Why are you replying to 8 year old threads? :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:58 pm 

JazzboCR wrote:
Then later on in your CR career and if/when you find a good'un, consider the Caribe coast--Puerto Viejo--no P$P but we have friends there and what a relaxed vibe!

Jazzbro ! Where are you brother?? :oops: :cry: :cry:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:17 pm 

has it been that long?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2020 6:43 pm 

Orange,

I was reading and found that very good advice!

Truth be told....
I guess I’m a bored Monger - I gotta get outta my mommy’s basement more often....
Let go go check the mail and see if her ss check is here.... :shock:
Than I can buy a tix to Disneyland!

This post is provided purely for entertainment purposes and free of charge on the part of the author. No advice, tourist or travel promotion is expressed or implied. The author of this post was not provided compensation (monetary or otherwise) for this potentially entertaining contribution

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:11 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Thank you to the senior members for their responses... even if it is from 2012 lol.

I have similar experiences like the OP in that when I go to Tijuana, the first night I'll usually go on a binge and then eventually I'll find a girl that I click with (or she's a good actress). First night I spent at Hong Kong, but the rest I'll stay at chica-friendly Hotel Ticuan. When I let them know that I'm staying at Ticuan, if they show interest, I'll trade contact info and usually the girl will stay with me for a day or 2. I think anything more and I would get bored lol. Once she leaves, I'll go back to HK and find another girl.

Thank you for the advice... definitely helps me get an idea of what to look for and to be prepared for.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:12 pm 

:mrgreen: