www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:23 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Discrimination in CR
PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:10 am 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

Ok so I have seen this topic posted before mostly by guys going to CR for the 1st time...the reason I bring it up is because a buddy of mine is making his 1st trip next week and he asked me if race is a factor among the women. Most guys will tell you the only color that matters is green...this is not always true. I myself am African American and Dominican heritage...my skin however is very light. I look more Hispanic than black. I have never had in problems in CR. My usual wingman is dark skinned and I have seen girls decline to go with him because he is black...handsome guy..good hygiene..well dressed...and polite. He actually had a conversation with a girl after his session and asked if some girls discriminated..she said "hell yeah". Some girls will only go with older men because they are quick.." younger guys take longer and really pound them"...then some girls are scared all black men are 10" and will destroy them...maybe the older "white male" traveler doesnt see these things but it does happen. So all you guys making your first trips that have this question dont let this post worry you. Almost all the girls will go with whoever is paying but you might catch one or two who wont go with you or ignore you.

Post subject: Re: Discrimination in CR
PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:02 am 
I can do CR without a wingman!

Color and age are rarely an issue. It all comes down to the $$$ and the woman's personal taste. Some just frankly won't be with black guys, some only go with attraction. These cases are pretty rare though.

The ones I have seen get rejected is thugs. The thug style doesn't work well in CR. It is looked upon by woman as cheap, skip payment, and all around a lot of bullshit. It is tolerated in the Dominican Republic but not CR.

I'm white and two of my work buddies, I sometimes travel with, are black.
One dresses nice and just acts normal. This guy never had one issue on our trips.
Other one acts like a thug but we are use to it. I have seen him get rejected a fair number of times.

The older white male thing is actually false, it is not because they are faster. A lot use pills, enchantments, and ect. They are just more generous(maybe pay higher price or higher tips). They are also better repeat business and typically have regulars, because they are retired, have more money, and more time for vacation.

This is all just based on what ticas have told me over my 8 years coming here.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:03 am 
PHD From Del Rey University!

I have seen no problems over the years. Money talks. One thing they do not like is a sloppy guy who forgot to take a shower and comb his hair. Wrinkled clothes and being drunk might turn some off, not all.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:39 am 

A chica told me that she doesn't mind going with older guys as long as they smell good

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:25 am 

I've talked to a few women in the Sportsmens who try to avoid black men strictly because of the size issue. One of them was even black herself. I've had a few be hesitant with me because I am pretty large at 6'4" tall and 220#. I end up having to reassure them that height is not always directly proportional to C*ck size :-)

It isn't prejudice on their part, they just don't want to put their money maker out of commission.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:37 am 

jota1500 wrote:
Color and age are rarely an issue. It all comes down to the $$$ and the woman's personal taste. Some just frankly won't be with black guys, some only go with attraction. These cases are pretty rare though.

The ones I have seen get rejected is thugs. The thug style doesn't work well in CR. It is looked upon by woman as cheap, skip payment, and all around a lot of bullshit. It is tolerated in the Dominican Republic but not CR.

I'm white and two of my work buddies, I sometimes travel with, are black.
One dresses nice and just acts normal. This guy never had one issue on our trips.
Other one acts like a thug but we are use to it. I have seen him get rejected a fair number of times.

The older white male thing is actually false, it is not because they are faster. A lot use pills, enchantments, and ect. They are just more generous(maybe pay higher price or higher tips). They are also better repeat business and typically have regulars, because they are retired, have more money, and more time for vacation.

This is all just based on what ticas have told me over my 8 years coming here.

I agree that the thug image doesnt work in alot of cases...however whats crazy is if you see alot of these girls boyfriends they are just that. Face tattoos..obsessed with pablo escobar..mostly nickle and dime bag level drug dealers.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:29 pm 

Last edited by Boynton on Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:43 pm 

There is plenty of racism in CR. I think it's more internal, against black Costa Ricans from the Caribbean side. But I have had a couple of girls tell me that they don't go with American blacks.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:45 pm 

I have to agree that there is discrimination. Many Ticas also try to claim more European heritage rather than admitting being mixed Spanish and indiginenous. I have also seen first hand discrimination against indiginenous from some of the girls. One i used to know and who is famous was not so open about it but didn't want to party with an indiginenous guy but wouldn't tell him directly. Just made excuses. Most just want the money. It goes back to the conquest and colonial times. It's part of Latin American history which I have studied a lot of in college. But don't let that stop you. If a girl seem prejudicial let her sit. Go with the girl who gives you good vibes or a buddy has recommended. Many black girls like the older white guys because they know some of us have a weakness for them and they use it to their advantage. But their boyfriends are black. Just have fun. We all have people who don't like us but also more who do. Thug factor and too many US movies don't help. They like the size if that matters. They are not small Asians.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:31 pm 

There's a different sort of discrimination which happens in CR.

When I used to travel to CR more frequently, more than once I've been stopped by security at the HDR and Cocal and asked for my ID, while my buddies would waltz in without challenge. I would pull out my copy of my passport and security's attitude would immediately change, welcoming me into the venue.

"Why did you stop me and not my friends?" I would ask security.

"They are gringos... you don't look like a gringo." they would answer.

Those CRTers who've met me know I'm the farthest thing from a thug imaginable, but I am Hispanic so apparently I don't fit the average monger "profile". I've also gotten similar attitude from SL and Taormina security guards who don't know me.

Incidents like this don't happen all the time, but just be aware you might run into this.

mh

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:16 pm 

I saw a girl I liked in the Cocal and pointed her out to my friend but I didnt approach her because it was still early in the evening and I wanted to see what else might walk in...well about 30 minutes passed and my friend goes to the restroom and on his way out he saw the girl standing by the wall with her friend. He stops to speak to her and before he can get a word out of his mouth her friend very rudely says "shes busy"...he just walked away. I see the same two girls walk pass later and asked them to come over ( my friend was walking around so I was standing alone) the come with no hesitation...we are talking and Im getting good vibes from the one I like...my buddy walks up and the other tells the one Im talking to "lets go". How do you guys interpret that situation?? Again I havent had this directed at me probably because I look more latino than black and I can speak spanish.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:02 am 

Last edited by Boynton on Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:20 am 

Boynton wrote:
You are asking us to interpret a situation solely from your observations and persoective.

Maybe it was blatant racism, dwell on it or Next!
Maybe your friend had toilet paper stuck to the bottom of his shoe, dwell on it or Next!
Any of the 100's of gradients in between, dwell on it or Next!

Do you think the racism in CR worse than the USA? Do you think complaining about it on a monger board will change it?

Well I dont think anybody is complaining.. we are just speaking on the world. Diffrent people get to see things from a diffrent prespective. I have seen the questions asked on here before and said nothing...the guys got the same old "green is the only color that matters"...and as we are seeing in these responses thats not always the case. No offense taken on my part and hopefully none on yours...but there are non white travlers who have these type of questions. Most guys on here dont have to think about it and they always say it doesnt matter but again...thats the perspective of someone who doesnt have to worry about it.
It may be mongering board but half the post on here as of late are way less intresting...who gives a Phuck about a 2 page thread about duty free liqour..sim cards and where the best wifi connection is??

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:11 am 

BMB20 wrote:
Most guys on here dont have to think about it and they always say it doesnt matter but again...thats the perspective of someone who doesnt have to worry about it.

^^^ This

Pops used to tell this story about one of our trips to Jaco. We stayed at Cocal, partied, ran into some working girls we knew, and had a great time.

The next morning we had breakfast on the patio overlooking the beach. Pops started up a conversation with a 30-something gringo monger sitting at the next table.

After breakfast we all walked to our rooms. I walked a little ahead of Pops and the other guy, and I see two hot girls walking into Cocal and heading towards me, both dressed to the nines.

Obviously they were coming in to check if there were any customers before heading back home after working all night.

I look at them, go "Dang, I wouldn't mind hitting that" and give them a "Buenos dias" and a smile.

Both chicas give me dirty looks, then walk right past me like I wasn't there. Then they see Pops and the gringo coming, and immediately break into million-dollar smiles and "Hola Papis!", and try to engage them in conversation.

I just had to :lol: at the obvious rejection. To this day Pops still teases me about it. :mrgreen:

mh

P.S. The point is, Yes, you may run into this sort of thing... but chances are you won't. Nothing to lose sleep over, just go "Next" and have a quiet laugh at the chicas who lost out on a great client because of their own stupidity.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:27 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

I can understand your thinking as I do consider this myself when I'm mongering especially considering how in recent years in the states we have been shunned by some providers. I myself am a 40 y/o soon to be 41 y/o, black guy that's also stocky/chubby/fat who has brown skin so I'm not light, but not the darkest either. I've been to Costa Rica a good 10+ times since I started going 5 years ago. I've never had any issue with people there. Hell a lot of people in Costa Rica would probably be taken for being a "light skin" black person if they were back in the USA anyways.

There definitely is racism and/or classism in Costa Rica, but I've never really encountered it myself. If anything as long as you look gringo you'll likely get treated better than if you were a native. I've a few people tell me how oh Costa Rica doesn't have racism like we have in the USA whereas some Costa Ricans who have more exotic physical features tell me just the opposite so it's often all about the perspective of the person you're talking to. That's a bit off topic, but in the end you should be alright. I myself am heading down a 4 night stay this upcoming weekend.