www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:32 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:30 pm 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

Do any of you know a good licensed ground transportation company. For example one that could take you from San Jose directly to the Tabicon Volcanic spring resort directly or Jaco Beach directly that would charge a reasonable rate and not try to rip off tourists. Some of the cab drivers in San Jose were honest but one took me in a big round about way to China town on purpose and then over charged even more.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:01 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Viajes Garmendia. (http://www.viajesgarmendia.com). They are our car service for the Lodge.

Any opinion or observation in the post above is purely presented for entertainment purposes and does not promote "sexual tourism" or "human trafficking". The laws of Costa Rica apply to all activities in Costa Rica. No warranty is expressed or implied. Void where prohibited by law. Your experience, observations or perspective may be different.

In exile in pu*sy prison

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:12 pm 

https://www.interbusonline.com/ I don't know if they go to that resort, but they go to Jaco from San Jose.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:38 pm 

Thanks I used Interbus lines web site to look up prices and it is way cheaper. They go to the volcano

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:49 am 
Ticas ask me for advice!

I used Interbus a few years ago. They use vans. They pick passengers up from their hotels. If you are first on their list you will spend the first 30 - 45 minutes stopping at other hotels. They will pick up passengers headed to a variety of places.

They then meet at a large souvenir stand that’s on the road to Jaco and shuffle passengers to the vans headed to their destinations. You may need to change vans here. If one van is late they have to wait because those passengers would be stranded. I spent an hour there once on the way to Jaco as we waited. If you know the roads in Costa Rica you can understand there can be delays. Then the reverse at your destination. Everyone gets dropped off at their hotel.

It works and the price is reasonable. But it will probably be twice or more the time of a direct ride. They list the time San Jose to Jaco at 2 hours 50 minutes. It can be longer. If my destination was the airport I would want a good cushion before my flight departed.

The majority of passengers are American tourists. The American women will have a strong dislike of you if they are aware of your hobby, it can make for an uncomfortable couple hours. I was the first one picked-up at Sportsmans so only the driver knew where I stayed. I avoided that issue but spent time driving around San Jose to other hotels. And as first in I got shotgun.

Overall they are a viable option, but be aware of the trade off, mostly time.

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 12:18 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

bulldog10 wrote:
I used Interbus a few years ago. They use vans. They pick passengers up from their hotels. If you are first on their list you will spend the first 30 - 45 minutes stopping at other hotels. They will pick up passengers headed to a variety of places.

They then meet at a large souvenir stand that’s on the road to Jaco and shuffle passengers to the vans headed to their destinations. You may need to change vans here. If one van is late they have to wait because those passengers would be stranded. I spent an hour there once on the way to Jaco as we waited. If you know the roads in Costa Rica you can understand there can be delays. Then the reverse at your destination. Everyone gets dropped off at their hotel.

It works and the price is reasonable. But it will probably be twice or more the time of a direct ride. They list the time San Jose to Jaco at 2 hours 50 minutes. It can be longer. If my destination was the airport I would want a good cushion before my flight departed.

The majority of passengers are American tourists. The American women will have a strong dislike of you if they are aware of your hobby, it can make for an uncomfortable couple hours. I was the first one picked-up at Sportsmans so
your friends can get more free spins and bonus rounds at starburst slot only the driver knew where I stayed. I avoided that issue but spent time driving around San Jose to other hotels. And as first in I got shotgun.

Overall they are a viable option, but be aware of the trade off, mostly time.

Thanks for your thoughts, it's really important stuff :)

Last edited by crazygirl89 on Thu May 04, 2017 4:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 3:09 pm 

You can also check " gecko travel " .

There is nothing either good or bad
but thinking makes it so.
HAMLET

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 9:27 pm 

Thanks for all the good info