www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:30 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:12 am 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

If you want to go the low budget route, stay in a hostel, from about $10 per day, hang out in the MP's during the day or at the Sportmens. if you find something to your liking outside of an MP there are some cheap short term places available near the DR, an experienced provider will know where to go.
Hotel Little Havana and Morazon are also a cheap alternatives at about $50 per night

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:39 am 
Some random thoughts
If you are not arriving late at night take the bus for a buck. Just walk out from airport to street. Short walk.
From bus station take 2 buck taxi to gulch. Use goggle maps, cant get lost.

Hotel Sonador is chica friendly and costs 18 bucks per night. One block west of automercado. Half block north on right. Close to gulch. Bar malibu, muses massage parlor....

Dont buy a cheap walmart bike. You will get laughed off the trail. Decent low level name brand bike for 400bucks. Used name brand bike 200 bucks. Dont steal one or you go to jail.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:54 am 
Ticas ask me for advice!

Zman wrote:
Some random thoughts
If you are not arriving late at night take the bus for a buck. Just walk out from airport to street. Short walk.
From bus station take 2 buck taxi to gulch. Use goggle maps, cant get lost.

Hotel Sonador is chica friendly and costs 18 bucks per night. One block west of automercado. Half block north on right. Close to gulch. Bar malibu, muses massage parlor....

Dont buy a cheap walmart bike. You will get laughed off the trail. Decent low level name brand bike for 400bucks. Used name brand bike 200 bucks. Dont steal one or you go to jail.

More good info. Appreciate it. With my 30L backpack as my only luggage, going from one transpo method to another will be easy ( I depend on irons of course to fix my squished shirts, so I usually choose regular hotels with a good change of having those )
I was kidding about taking bikes though.. it was my attempt at levity.. but then again, you might've been contributing to that levity with your followup to that, and knew I was kidding. Good advice on bike quality.. you're right.. even with a 400 dollar bike, that'll afford me to bring more money to CR, which is good.
Got to make my trader joe's run now - hope their coffee is ready

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:33 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

nolookpass wrote:
3 days in San Jose for $700 is no challenge at all. Come on down.
(But bring an extra $300, just in case you need)
As an example.
Airport into town and back $36 ($18 each way) - You can do for less - read how on forum
Sportsmen Lodge per night cheapest room $200 (3 nights with continental breakfast)

... great girl price info ...

Food x $25 per Day = $75
No Taxi needed - Just Walk the town. It is safe. It is interesting, and it is free.
No entertainment $$ Needed - Just talk bull to all the guys (and gals) you will meet and have fun with.

OK, you do not gamble, you do not get to buy a round of drinks, or get ripped of $20 on a taxi that takes you 5 blocks. You do not get to go to a strip club, or Phuck a 10+, or get a TLN but what the hell???

You get to take the panties off SIX young girls, eat them if you so desire, and then it you have control of your dick, you can Phuck them for hours.

Man, come on down to the land of honey

This is really good, thanks nolookpass

>> No entertainment $$ Needed - Just talk bull to all the guys (and gals) you will meet and have fun with.

I intend to.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:23 pm 
I can do CR without a wingman!

$700 for 3 days is plenty of money, but you would need to be a little frugal. Best bet would be to wake up early, enjoy the daytime action, and go to bed early. Money seems to just disappear at night.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:01 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

Mattyice wrote:
. Money seems to just disappear at night.

Lol l! Right!?

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 12:13 pm 

LAdiablo wrote:
it can be done but why not take an extra 3-400 in the event you are actually having fun?

Yeah, why not take an extra 3 to 4 grand while we're at it. It's called a budget, we're not all big ballers that can afford to throw away money on hotel chica fees. :lol:

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 1:33 am 

Do not head to Jaco with empty pockets. Even on the bus.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 9:13 am 
Ticas ask me for advice!

Stinger wrote:
Do not head to Jaco with empty pockets. Even on the bus.

I'll take that advice on that future trip when I do go to Jaco. I've heard of the 10's you can find down there.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 2:11 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Mattyice wrote:
LAdiablo wrote:
it can be done but why not take an extra 3-400 in the event you are actually having fun?

Yeah, why not take an extra 3 to 4 grand while we're at it. It's called a budget, we're not all big ballers that can afford to throw away money on hotel chica fees. :lol:

:lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:16 am 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

Honestly, if I was on a limited budget and only had 3 days I wouldn't bother with CR. Guess it depends where you live but $550 I can fly to SD on SW, 5 days, 4 nights in TJ, 2 FLers a day, room food, ect. If on the West Coast CR is a long way to go for 3 nights. If in Florida or Texas then I get it.

Seeing $450 to mde in Aug.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:38 am 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Mattyice wrote:

Why stay in hotels with chica fees?

Any opinion or observation in the post above is purely presented for entertainment purposes and does not promote "sexual tourism" or "human trafficking". The laws of Costa Rica apply to all activities in Costa Rica. No warranty is expressed or implied. Void where prohibited by law. Your experience, observations or perspective may be different.

In exile in pu*sy prison

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:58 am 
Ticas ask me for advice!

Win wrote:
Honestly, if I was on a limited budget and only had 3 days I wouldn't bother with CR. Guess it depends where you live but $550 I can fly to SD on SW, 5 days, 4 nights in TJ, 2 FLers a day, room food, ect. If on the West Coast CR is a long way to go for 3 nights. If in Florida or Texas then I get it.

Seeing $450 to mde in Aug.

I know, I hear you. And I think, on future trips after my August visit to CR, I'll fly instead to TJ.
I just need to experience the Del Rey thing at least once I guess.

My cousin moved to Florida, though, and he likes it, so maybe I'll make the move there from here in potato-land.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:16 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Flight: $76 round trip
Hotel Dunn Inn: ~$50/night ($150/3 nights)
MPs: Zona II $25/half hour session, Monicas cheap as well.
Food: Go downtown, cheap food everywhere. I always eat pizza after drinking and munch on fresh fruits. 1.50/slice and apple/mangos/rambutans/$2. Fried chicken/eggrolls: $2. That's my meal of the day. Just like greasy food to help my recovery and plenty of calories to get me going again at night. :lol:
Taxi: Usually walk to burn the calories away. But will taxi after sunset. Airport to/from: $55.

When you add it up, my trip is really cheap. I hang where there are happy hours and I buy a bottle at the duty free to drink at the hotel.

I save money above and anything left over, I go to Alcazar, and more sessions and playtime at MPs. Any additional leftover, I save it for my next trip. :)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:33 pm 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

DJ- ride the local bus to and from the airport, you'll have an additional $50 for the trip